What did you think about this Sup Forums...

What did you think about this Sup Forums? I thought it was a pretty comfy game with a rushed ending and story that didnt make much sense, the characters were decent, the fucking loading screens after every scene made me go insane considering you had to cross the town about 100 times

the evil conservatives were right all along :thinking:

The ending felt pretty abrupt but the story was alright overall, and I really liked the characters

Newfags who didn't get the ending need to lurk more. There were constat threads about nitw for a whule now and I'm sick of explaining the ending every time some kid picks uo this game.
Read a book once in a while hick

Needed more "gameplay" utilizing the platforming/Lost Constellation mechanics (and the cut psychic ideas) during the day before each friend hangout. Also more laptop minigames and replayable bass songs.

Otherwise it was alright. Shame the animator had to spill his commie-spaghetti all over it and ruin discussion forever though.

I really liked the artwork and music. Not a fan of anything else about it. Would have been nice if the ghost hunting and mystery solving was the majority of the game instead of something that happens during the last stretch and I felt that the payoff was abrupt and unrewarding. Higurashi proved that character development can go a long way to making you care about the characters involved in fucked up shit, but this feels like it leads up to nothing. Also, Mae is the worst character.

I enjoyed the characters, the artstyle and the overall setting, though I wasn't a fan of the writing or the ending.

all the dreams seemed like they were heading somewhere but they just stop when she confronts "God" who doesn't actually tell her anything of importance

Sup Forumstards are this retarded abd uncultivated thst the most basic methaphor ending goes over their thick heads. This is why gaming sucks balls, it's consumed by literal idiots

So what's it mean then smart guy?

Or, you know, maybe making something a metaphor doesn't automatically make it good if the climax is an exposition dump after hours of fucking around?

Bea-poster here, I didn't say shit about the ending.

Think before you mass-ridicule next time.

I didn't say I didn't understand the ending, I just didn't like it

It's about Mae taking responsibility for her actions and not going the "they took our jobs" route and blaming her problems on the supernatural.

Lovely artstyle but abysmal everything else. Especially the writing, oh my god it's worse than Life is Strange.

The cult blamed immigrants and politicians, the supernatural is what they "relied" on to get progress back.

It was all bullshit. They're just backward rednecks who lack self criticism.

I liked it. Had that whole magical realism feel about it, which blended nicely with the autumn aesthetic. Some of it felt a bit on the nose, but overall pretty nice.

writing is complete shit
the "gameplay" is garbage
the artstyle and music are great, but that can't excuse the lack of engaging gameplay, fun characters, and interesting story

it's one of the best examples of wasted potential in recent years that i can think of

It was basically a VN without all the QOL features VNs have had since the 90s.

True, seemed to be the recurring theme in the game.

>Mae herself causing shit to no end, oblivious to half of everything, is just there to mess around without any regards for her future or even current stigma
>Bea overreacting to any attempts at help, blames Mae for party fuckup despite not telling her the secret, hates pretty much everything
>Gregg reprimands Mae for getting him back into crimes, despite his own hyperactive, anarchic lack of self-control being to blame
>Mae's parents being too passive about her condition and the trouble it can cause
>that neighbor who wants all businesses to burn down because of her own little woes
>the church pastor putting everything through God, not fighting the council's self interests hard enough
>those riverside people who think terrorists are behind that ratgirl's graffiti, who herself thinks it'll "do something about the issues" instead of adding to it
>rich party libtards authoritatively blowing up over fascists, knows nothing about economic issues and blames it all on greed
>conservative cult blames other country-issues for losing jobs and not their unfortunate/corporate events, kills kids to get it back

I liked it outside of Mae and Greg being twats half of the time.

But I think it abruptly ended right when it was getting interesting.

*Oh yeah and Bea's dad for choosing to do nothing as he rots away, instead of grabbing his life responsibilities back.

It's not much of a game to be honest, it's like they built an engine for platforming and then forgot to add any meaningful platforming elements besides one or two very brief bits and a little exploration in the town. Although the music is decent and gives it a good wistful feeling.