Admit it, it wasn't that bad

Admit it, it wasn't that bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7JBG5o6EkPo
youtube.com/watch?v=N7WsKu7WDK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ow

I SEE NO HEAR NO EVIL

>The President of the United States had a photo of Sonic and Shadow in his desk, unironically.
This fucking game.
Even if they addressed that as a joke it would have been fine, but the game is constantly remembering you that you should take the story seriously.

The

The branching story path is pretty cool

I remember thinking this was the most badass game ever when I was a sprout. But then I play it and I "beat the story" in like 3 stages. I didn't really know what I was doing wrong.

The mechanics and level design were worlds better than Unleashed, '06, Boom, etc.

I'd say they were even a little bit better than Heroes, leaning toward being on par with Adventure 2.

But the story and writing were cringier than Twilight.

Butts

CAN YOU SEE ALL OF ME

well
it wasn't terrible

Unironically an underrated gem.

When was this picture even taken?

It couldn't of been taken during SA2 because they were enemies and they don't encounter each other until the end of heores.

Is there another previously unseen story between sonic heroes and shadow the hedgehog where sonic and shadow save the president?

this, its gameplay is fucking great for a sonic game

Gonna throw my hat in for this game too, unironically a good time especially with Team Shadow.

No, is just poor and unintentionally ridiculous writing.

Agree, the mechanics were the worst in the series so far and the level design was just kind of 'meh' but the writing was decent and the graphics and art design were great, the levels were really memorable and unique for their aeshetics despite not being much for level design

Best OST too.
youtube.com/watch?v=7JBG5o6EkPo

Well they did fucking save the planet and mankind.

It was pretty bad; but the gun thing wasn't actually that odd since Jak and Daxter aped GTA before Sonic ever tried with its shadow spinoff game and the gunplay itself was solid enough. The main issues with Shadow are that a lot of the stages look drab and that the game used heroes' engine as a basis, meaning it has incredibly slippery controls with ridiculous acceleration compared to the adventure titles, which makes it ill suited for the kind of movement shadow's level design wants you to do.

The story was bad as well, but that's probably more a biproduct of the fact that they wanted to try out the admittedly very interesting idea of your in-stage choices impacting where the story would go, but this combined with the fact that they obviously didn't have much of a concrete narrative in mind for it and the fact that they didn't even have SA2's writer work on it meant that it was bound to be something of a piecemeal mess since it was inherently aimless.

I think the idea of a run and gun high speed platformer is very novel though and they could certainly make this concept work very well if they focused it in a different way, maybe like if they made it more like an arcade style shooter in design; or hell, if they actually had a gun you could aim with a right analog stick for once. That'd open the door for some neat shit.

>That mission where you kill the president .

>that ending where Shadow proclaims himself king of the robots and declares war against humans and then karate-chops Eggman to death

I feel like the endings of Shadow's game provide way more interesting premises for a game than the game itself starts with.

>use first person lookaround
>look at rouge
>she winks at you

I know this was in Heroes but my memory is telling me it was in Shadow too

The cutscenes would be really funny if the gameplay between them wasn't so fucking miserable.

The President of the United States has a photo of Sonic and Shadow on his desk. Not his family or anything. Just cartoon hedgehogs.

>I am Shadow Android
>This is WHO I AM!

They aren't cartoons in-game, they could be war buddies or something

Naw, it was bad, but entertainingly so. Mostly decent levels, but that one fucking Lost Impact level on Hero can go fuck right of.

The main character designer for that game is the one that designed the look of MvCi. Take that any way you want Anons.

There was no first-person in Shadow.

Unironically one of the best levels in the game if only because of the music. Also that level felt fucking huge to me as a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=N7WsKu7WDK0

While we're talking guilty pleasures, I love some of the Knuckles raps. Mainly Aquatic Mine

I wanted to play it but I never did, should I go back and try it? I loved SA:2.

here i come rougher than knuckles
the best of them tougher than knuckles
you can call me knuckles
unlike knuckles i don't chuckle
i'd rather flex my knuckles
i'm hard as knuckles
it ain't hard to chuckle
i break em down whether they knuckles or knuckles
unlike knuckles i'm independent since my first chuckle
first knuckles feel the knuckles when the knuckle chuckle

The guns, the swearing, or any of the other things like that were not what made Shadow the Hedgehog a bad game, the poor level design and often annoying missions were what really hurt it. The slippery controls and awkward platforming didn't help either.

This.

Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me Sonic
unlike Knuckles I don't flex my muscles
I'd rather chuckle
I'm hard as Sonic, it ain't hard to Sonic
I break 'em down whether they're Sonic or Knuckles
Unlike Knuckles I'm Sonic since my first breath
First Sonic, then Sonic, then Sonic, then Sonic

It feels more like Heroes than SA2, if you played that.

I unironically love it and I'm not sure why. I got all A ranks and expert mode on Gamecube and had a blast the entire time.

I admit that it's a guilty pleasure and nothing more.

They wouldn't work on their own. The reason why things like that are so hilarious is because the whole game is about Shadow trying to figure out "who he is" and most of the endings are about him reaching a completely absurd conclusion.

It really was. It's a playable game sure but it's only worth one run through and never picking up again.

>You now realise Sonic and Shadow are treated like Jesus Christ for saving the world

Especially Shadow.