ITT: Games that desperately need a remaster or re-release on PSN/Steam

ITT: Games that desperately need a remaster or re-release on PSN/Steam

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhAAYJNQZ_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally never going to happen, they lost the source code

Why are they so retarded? PDS is easily one of the best games developed by Sega.

I think the whole Panzer Dragoon series could do with a re-release somewhere.

I played through the entirety of Panzer Dragoon Saga and remember enjoying it, but there was something very forgettable about it. I can't recall anything about the plot, the characters or even most aspects of the gameplay.

>they lost the source, so no digital ever
>on another hand, anyone can pirate this through emulation on pc or on the saturn

Why

>mfw rare enemies in places you cant visit more than once and having to A rank them
other than that top tier music and the battle system was cool in my opinion

The turn-based combat was very unique and great. Also the characters were damn good, specially Edge, Azel and the Seeker guy. I'd totally rank Saga over the PS1 Final Fantasy's.

Fat dragon customization

It's never been rereleased to my knowledge

Nope. They wanted to port it to Wii if the remake of the first game sold well, but that didn't happen.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhAAYJNQZ_k

probably because back in the day porting previous gen games to new consoles wasnt a thing. its way compilation games like mario all stars and sonic jam were a big deal.

It's not on steam, but it did have a PC port.

No. You can only play it via emulator.

Arent there reasons that companies get rid of the source code because of fear of competitors getting their hands on it?

Klonoa 1+2 and the PS2 Ace Combats all need PS4/Steam.

Wtf Sony.

>get told this one of the best jrpgs ever released.
Hear this for years, finally play it and it's star fox with dragons.

This is Saga. You are probably talking about the normal Panzer Dragoon games, which were indeed Rail Shooters.

>Remaster
>Re-release

Games should be kept easily playable.

That's definitely a reason in hindsight.

At the time, it was mostly because programmers thought it was "distasteful" to pour over old code. It was a mark of competency to write everything fresh with a new game, and to continue to make improvements. So a lot of old stuff has been lost, because it was considered to be lazy trash. And like you said, it wasn't seen as being particularly valuable.

They could just reverse engineer the code on the physical disk, like Blue Point does with their HD releases.

What? Ports were always a thing, half of PS1, PS2, SS and DC library are ports of games from different platforms.