youtube.com/watch?v=OBm2mz3IHoM
youtube.com/watch?v=oEk-sLlj0G8
youtube.com/watch?v=c7Un7Njlvxs
youtube.com/watch?v=xBxx9n_tyiw
youtube.com/watch?v=TF8Iqs5dDA8
youtube.com/watch?v=TGM9gXby_Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=5gT0ej86lwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Terrorist explosives general every time. Get the spawn a squad of infantry power, get line of site on an airfield or anything weaker and just self destruct them before they even finish fading into existence.

hell with GDI!

Remember Generals 2? :^)

>using the sneak attack ability to get 10 battle buses full of rpg troopers into the enemy base

GG

does this game have zerglings

sort of, it has muslims

There's the Chinese.

play chink infantry general

>I'll build anywhere!

KEK

This is probably the only game where if it got a sequel, I would play classic style RTS again. I play other strategy games, but I'm just turned off of the classic warcraft/starcraft style...loved GLA. The funniest and most disposable team.

I remember stopping a Chinese tank invasion because I spawned a fully upgraded ambush, as the explosives general, in the middle of their tanks. The tanks ran over the guys and blew up. The ones that didn't blow up were heavily damaged and then were mostly destroyed when the other tanks became mini nuclear explosions. Then the other tanks started running away when I sent slave workers shuffling after them as suicide bombers. Great times.

The chinese faction literally has a buff mechanic that empowers units when they're spammed and thrown into combat all at once.

cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Horde_Bonus

nice house full of snipers lad, shame if something were to happen to it :^)

I need to play this again one of these days. The voice lines alone make it worth it. I'm a hysterical pussy who could never handle online play but fun times were had in 1v1 LAN games.

I'm sorry sir I cant build there

china wirr gwow rarger

BATTLEMASTA TANK REPOHTEEN

>Top tier
Red Alert 2, C&C3, Tiberian Sun

>High tier
C&C1, Generals, Red Alert 1

>Mid tier
Red Alert 3

>Rubbish tier
C&C4

Morning glory
Brighter then the sun
We will be generous

>C&C3

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

I disagree with C&C3

>generals not top tier

Fine, fine. Swap C&C3 with Generals.

Type it out again for my viewing pleasure.

generals would be be too pure for todays PC world

>anthrax tractors
>hordes of chinese cannon fodder
>suicide bombers who can get into cars

C&C 3 is way above RA 2 and 3.

The oppressor must die!

Generals isn't even a fucking proper command and conquer game

DOWN WITH GDI

That's why it's the best one

Why Mr fag, whatever do you mean?

Time for my threadly contribution
youtube.com/watch?v=D-PgkEg0VOs
youtube.com/watch?v=1i9t2rbTf-g
youtube.com/watch?v=cxfVsPEc_YE
youtube.com/watch?v=d-H4hwmM1qk
youtube.com/watch?v=gnYk7_pFr8I

C&C3 was definitely in the right direction. Shame they stopped patching and balancing it.

Why does General's easy AI make money buildings but normal AI doesn't? I just want to sit on a map for a while but the AI just stops eventually.

Also
youtube.com/watch?v=MCaJXJJa1tA

Sorry, can't listen to it right now since I'm on mobile and out and about.

i never got into tiberian sun, idk why. But the soundtrack was great

1:28 everytime

C&C3 had great voice acting. The right balance of cheesy and serious.

the higher the AI difficulty, the faster they blow through their cash reserves. The hard AI will attempt to alpha strike you and suddenly they'll run out of resources and can't fight back without general powers.

generals had an OG soundtrack for each faction

youtube.com/watch?v=x530q4hlv9c
youtube.com/watch?v=xVJqw977S_8
youtube.com/watch?v=OBm2mz3IHoM

yeah but its not greater than or equal to Tibsun or generals

youtube.com/watch?v=oEk-sLlj0G8

How do you go from this to ww1 aesthetics in c&c3 ill never understand

C&C3 is top tier

China will grow larger!

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Un7Njlvxs

Go watch gameplay videos of the games, without the meme nostalgia goggles, preferably.

Compare this:
youtube.com/watch?v=xBxx9n_tyiw

To this shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=TF8Iqs5dDA8
youtube.com/watch?v=TGM9gXby_Ec
>Those cheesy-ass voices
>Shitty cartoonish unit design
>Everything looks like fucking toys
C&C had a very serious and bleak tone despite the B-movie cutscenes it's known for. The Tiberium series established a setting where the world was going to hell with each new installment due to the spread of the crystal, and the increasing struggle of humanity to survive, with Nod favoring the spread of the crystals, and GDI trying to save what's left of Earth from Kane and the Scrin. It upholds every detail the originals are known for.
Red Alert 2 took the franchise name and turned itself into a fucking sunday morning kids' cartoon, while RA3 threw shitty fanservice into the mix to get horny teenagers. And don't even get me started on how insignificantly easy harvesting mechanics are, just put a refinery right in front of an ore dispenser and you'll never have to expand in search of more resources. Water combat was also a fucking meme and made it all even easier to just flank an enemy base with dreadnought ships.
Red Alert 1 was the only good RA. The other two are dogshit.

Nod aren't Nazis, why would you put pepe in there?

The only thematic disconnect between Generals and previous C&C games is the use of builder units instead of construction yards.

Generals was all I played the hilarious as fuck stereotyps were the best.

"YES SHOES" or something similar was and still is hilarious.

I was always a chinese asshole and literally all I did all game was steal other people's buildings and sell them. I honestly never cared if I won or not and it always pissed people off.

>If it ain't grim-dark it's trash

Ayy. People can enjoy different things you know. I think everyone agrees that RA3 pushed things too far but there was nothing wrong with RA2's direction.

It doesn't have to be grim dark, but it doesn't have to be "OH HEY GENERAL I'M EISTEIN LOOK THE ENEMIES ARE OVER HERE GENERAL LMAO SO FUNNY" either.
I mean, fucking hell. Look at RA3's tutorial. It's almost insulting how carefree and cartoony it is.

Grimdark was the whole theme of Tiberian Sun and it's one of the best in the series.

I agreed that RA3 took it too far.

That's great, but RA2 and Generals are equally as good (better in gameplay I might add) and they don't follow that tone. I understand you might be frustrated since it was the last game that really got that tone right but it doesn't mean the other styles were bad.

generals was shit and the living proof of C&C being dead.
It still hurts too so stfu cunt

>Muh Westwood

>shit opinion
>facebook frog
Every time.

whats the matter pal, did your mum contract anthrax or something?

Dumb frogposter

Red Alert 2 started the cartoony trend. Just look at the units like the brute, engineer, rocketeer and dolphin. They're horribly out of place and their quotes are just as bad.
>"CUM 2 PAPA"
>"Flying high :DDD"
>"I got da knowlej!"

Been playing this through LAN with a friend. It's amazing how well it holds up.

What's the best general? I love stealth, but humvee rushing as USA or rushing a combat chinook with USAF is fucking great too.

>TFW modding is DEAD

My favourite was always the Chinese nuke general. If you ever got to the point where you had nuke missile MiGs then shit got real crazy real fast. Fucking awesome game.
>the glow, that wonderous glow! can you feel it general?

I've always hated how in Generals, tank shells and missiles would fly straight at their targets, slow down and "fall" on top of them.
It's like the tanks have erectyle dysfunction and their shells start tumbling a few meters off when they shoot, and they just drop straight down when they're about to hit the enemy. It's very badly animated.

Those little videos inbetween missions were glorious.

youtube.com/watch?v=5gT0ej86lwU

>Behold, the bringer of light

Always gets me

>Rise of the Reds died
>Twisted Insurrection died
>Mental Omega will die

Feels bad.

I thought modding for those are still going

RUB MY SHOES IN LOTION

What trend? Only another game went that far.

Moreover most enjoyed the lighter tone and those quotes you posted. Have you seen anyone quoting any units from TS ever? They haven't because nothing was memorable and it was all generic. Meanwhile RA2/Gens/C&C3 get quoted all the time.

absolutely

>play CCG mostly against bots
>mostly play GLA
I had three strategies.
>spam Technicals from the get go, focus researchable upgrades only on them and try to get a several high level loot upgraded units to shit on the enemy in early/midgame
>rush Quad Cannon and Marauders, focus researchable upgrades on them and try to get a several high level loot upgraded units to shit on the enemy in midgame
>turtle it the fuck up and rush SCUDs and never start building the first one unless you can start the second one at the same time and then just continue spamming more of them
So how badly would I get shat on online?

How crazy is it that we live in Cnc generals now?
The Chinese secretly own everything now, and there's some crazy group of militant sand nigs just fucking shit up.
Now we just need a proper war to kick off.

Also, I miss the comfy Yugoslav / serb-croat/ Bosnia aesthetic of the original.
90s war was so legit.

>What trend?
The trend that eventually infected the Tiberium Series.
Red Alert 3's design where having less units with more abilities was favored eventually led to C&C 4 being what it turned out to be.

C&C4 was a mobile game that got retooled as a main series because EA suits are retarded. RA2 has nothing to do with it. C&C3 was completely fine.

I'M THERE! GET SOME!

bump