ISSOU

>stop rotating saves
>saves get burnt
>saves start to smell and smoke comes out of the saves
>fire erupts
>try to escape but there's no saving things now because the saves are gone
>can't get ou

>he auto saves

Keeping like 3 saves and just switching them in order every time you save.

10 save slots is plenty to rotate through and gives you just enough to go back if you fuck up and save more than once every hour.

you have like 3 saveslots. instead of only saving in slot 1, you first save in slot 1, then slot 2, then slot 3, and then in 1 again and so on. That way, you don't lose too much progress if one gets corrupted.

>3
I'm always behind 7 saves.

>Doesn't reformat his hard drive when he loses.

You turn them 90 degrees before you load it next time.

Last time I didn't keep multiple saves I had to start over Fallout 2 after playing it for I don't know how long because my save got corrupted right before San Francisco.

Any of you paranoid fucks who do this have actually ever had a corrupted save file?

>inb4 I do it to savescum

I unironically do this

>He save states

>he hits quickload instead of quicksave

I started when nudoom corrupted my save on the last level.

Far Cry 4 and Alien: Isolation corrupted on me.

I wound up creating a full platinum save set for trails of coldsteel ii because I was do afraid of missables

However I'm too lazy to upload it all since it's like 36 files

>he doesn't save every one second

>hits quicksave instead of quickload

>he plays The Witcher 2 and has fifty thousand saves

both of these ae exactly why i dont bother. ill never remember which is which. ill just press esc and go through the menus

>quicksave but only load through the menu mater race

well then good luck when this happens

>He doesn't rotate his saves

are there any games that still do this shit? youd think they would have been competent enough to avoid it then, but now we have incompetent devs that at least seemed to have learned this lesson somewhere along the line

never happens because I never use the quickload button. I only use the quicksave button so there's nothing to get mixed up.

> he hits F5 instead of F9 miliseconds before hes killed

>he quick saves every other minute

I'm not the only one right?

like do you disable it? otherwise, theyre right next to eachother, no? im the guy that only uses menus, i fucked it up literally once and never tried again so i have no idea

pretty sure most games use F5 and F8 or something like that

>It's the only save you have

That moment and pic related taught me that it was a pretty damn good idea to rotate my saves in RPGs.

>Alternate a set of saves
>Finish the game without touching the other saves
>All this autism for nothing
I know I'm not the only one

better safe than sorry. if you stop, you know there will be that one game, maybe the only one game for the rest of your life where you get fucked over for not having multiple saves, but itll be there, and if youre playing the game long enough for that to happen, youll probably be somewhat invested and pissed off. rotating is so simple that theres no reason you shouldnt. in the time ive done it, i think 2 or 3 games out of 100s have corrupted. but damn if i wasnt a smug motherfucker when i lost barely any time investment to it