Is there a more cringe inducing pretentious villain?

Is there a more cringe inducing pretentious villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g2y51Fu7lGo?t=2m38s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

probably not desu

he was the worst thing about the worst New Vegas DLC

People shit on bethesdas fallout and rightfully so but I would honestly say the villains in fallout 4 are better written than this walking OC

What the fuck was his problem

BEAR AND BULL
I'v been memeing in a ton of threads with NV in the OP today.
What is going on?

welcome to /nvg/

>2017
>brainlets still don't understand Ulysses

Don't even remember his shit. What was his deal again?

Buddy I'm as much an obsidianfag as they come and Theres no defending this character

He's not right in the head, why do people mistake him as someone wise and pretentious?
Ulysses is wrong on all counts and simply has an agenda against you and the faction you chose to support.

there's nothing to understand except that Avellone wants to nuke the world again

>town gets nuked
>shoot the messenger
oh and don't forget BEAR&BULL

kai leng or however its spelled

I never understood wtf did he want with me. The only thing I knew is that he was the original courier. Can;t remember what his beef with me was.

Kreia.

Same.
>what why the hell do you want to kill me that's literally shooting the messenger

Was the only thing I was thinking with every conversation I had with that pretentious idiot.

>guy is obsessed with purpose, "the why of things"
>his nation(twisted hairs tribe) got fucking vaporized by the Legion
>also grew disappointed in the NCR and Legion
>you show up and help a new nation develop
>then you fucking explode it for no reason(accident)
>he goes apeshit because there was no purpose to it(no grand purpose, that is) and wants to destroy whatever nation you hold dear in revenge
>calls for you to traverse the Divide to see how much destruction you've caused, and how much destruction he's going to cause

it's not really that complicated.
Killing a nation is also something he's already guilty of, by the way. He destroyed New Canaan.

between his voice and the writing I couldn't stand listening to this guy talk

By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down. Yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem who said: "Raze it, raze it even to the foundation."
O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed. Happy shall He be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
Happy shall He be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Do you know that it means?

Do you remember the SNL skit about the superfans?
One of them survived the apocalypse and is spreading his love of DA BEARS DA BULLS.

Very avant garde you probably wouldn't get it.

">I don't blame you for the Divide's destruction (except I do)"
>"Imma blow up everyone coz I mad about stuff"
>"Hurr durr Bear Bull Courier Divide Bear Bull"

But Fallout 4 has bad writing because BETHESDA REEEEEEEEEE

After 10 playthroughs, I still can't decipher his pseudo-philosophical blather.

What was that about dashing little ones?

I'm guessing he's really angry about something.

It was about killing innocent children, user. Infants.

BEAR
U
L
L

i liked ulysses a lot as a character. i was slightly disappointed with him because of how much they hype you up to confront him in the other DLC but i thought his character was interesting
i liked the different ways your conversations could go with him and he came across as being a fairly well rounded character. i think they did a good job with writing a character who has emotional issues and some kind of mental illness without ever explicitly putting on a big flashing "This guy's nuts!" label

He was deranged, that's the long and short of it. He lived a hard, bloody life until he found something to live for. And then it blew up in a nuclear explosion that you were partially responsible for, inadvertently.. Now he's desperate to find meaning in a random meaningless tragedy and plans on taking everyone down with him.

>Niggas still think Ulysses is meant to be "deep" and not a madman who went crazy trying to rationalize all the shit that has happened to him

Can't you call him out on all of his bullshit?

Oh you should have been there for Guild Wars 2 during their first go at the "living story" series.

Fuck that plant whore. And fuck Trahearne too.

Those were some magically dumb as hell times.

>HURRRRRR ULYSSES TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME I HATE DEEP PHILOSOPHY AND MULTI DIMENSIONAL CHARACTERIZATION WHY COULDNT HE JUST BE A SYNTH OR SOMETHING HURRRRRRRRRRR

>cringe
cringe

Basically this. Ulysses was someone just as smart and skilled as the Courier is (or, I guess isn't depending on your build), but unlike the Courier, he never had that one Ace in the Hole, so because of that he didn't really have much of a choice other then to keep his head down and follow life in the wastes. The life that went on to directly shit on him in every way possible, the point of driving him insane and ready to just take everything down with him.

It means even less to or character because they remember fuck all before getting shot. The person he is so bent on fighting died in that grave

he needs something to be angry at i guess

Somehow people still don't get Ulysses, and it's becoming annoying.

He's almost the same as every other major character Avallone has written, because they all follow the same message he's been presenting; the details vary but the core remains the same.

Ulysses is pissed because you as a courier carried both the salvation and the destruction of the new settlement with you, as after having witnessed so much destruction and transformation through his travels he ultimately rejected you as a courier and what you did, because you did it blindly.

The premiss is the same throughout all his works, you as a player is an agent of change and you always carry some side or idealogy with you. Flag, history, nation, dark/lightside, doesn't matter. What Ulysses (and Avallone) rejects is the blind delivery of the change you deliver, the message you carry with you. Ulysses wants you to face the horror you causes purely on accident not to just hurt you, but you make you face the fact that small things can have great effects, and blindly carrying your message isn't good enough. It doesn't matter what your ideology is, just don't perform for it blindly, be aware of it, and yourself. We see this in the end where he provides an addendum to the whole "War, war never changes," with the message that we, as men, as couriers, must change by the road we walk. We must learn from it, so that whatever change we deliver, good or bad, isn't just blind accident, they have purpose and meaning, you need a WHY beyond blindly following the quest.

He really went all out of this with Kreia, because he hated Star Wars because a lot of it implied in a not so subtle way that the force controlled everything and personal choice therefore didn't matter, hence Kreia hating the force. Kreia doesn't care if you're sith or jedi, as long as you learn to be aware and see them in their messages and believes clearly, not adherent. youtu.be/g2y51Fu7lGo?t=2m38s

Then why not be angry at the leagion for killing his tribe

Even though he doesn't make a lot sense at times, I honestly felt he was the richest part of the story.

Something about Ulysses made it deeply person for you as both the player character and the player. Like his sole mission in life was about shit you did to him, and because he encountered last in the DLC, the stories ties neatly together with his part.

Wasn't the final boss in Hellblade an unending swarm of enemies that you're forced to lose to so they can have an IT WAS ALL IN HER HEAD ending? I vote for that.

>Add a nigger villain to NV to be 'progressive'
>Just an awful character, had to mute the audio because I couldn't stand listening to jamal say his cringy lines
>Tries too hard to be 3deep5me, and caused me to be depressed for some reason
>Story is a total shitshow that honestly fit Fallout 4 more.

>tfw 1000 hours into NV but never played Lonesome Road because I never want it to truly end
I don't know how to feel about everyone shitting on it.

>Villains
>Fallout 4