>it's got shit stats

>box art armor
>being shit
name one game

All halos desu

>best looking armor is for a class you dont play

skyrim

>JRPG with item thumbnails that give armor/accessories interesting designs
>exist only as thumb-nail images in order to keep what ascetic the anime trope is forcing

>endgame armor looks badass
>next game lets you keep wearing it

>thinks it has anything to do with aesthetic and not just pure laziness

>endgame armor looks badass
>next game lets you keep wearing it
>gets stolen from you in the first level to justify needing to find every item in the game again.

I'm looking at Metroid and Assassins Creed, do any other games do this?

Ultima 7 part 2 takes your full set up from part 1

>It's also quickly invalidated due to gear progression even though it was the best you could get in the previous game

I'm still mad about it, even more that it doesn't come back in Witcher 3.

>Game has cloth, leather and plate
>Plate is the only type of gear that looks good but is reserved for boring tank classes.
Games should really work on a cloth, leather, chain and plate system and design classes around them rather than shoehorning them in later. Aion did this well before they made more than 8 classes

>casters are always stuck with terrible looking 'robes'

>bad ass black leather with belts, pockets, pouches and holsters
>khaki pants

So how would you like your armor designed?

Not OP but it's possible to make ornate, impressive-looking armor without looking like it came from a shounen anime's antagonist

Well, you could wear the armor and not the pants if you so wished

It's not back in Witcher 3? That sucks. I just finished 2.

>endgame armor has spikes on it

To make it worse, there are no mods that put it in either. It's like everyone just forgot about it.

>endgame armor is practical looking
>You instakill the bikini wearing enemy by cracking her head open with a mace because she was only wearing a tiara for protection

>low tier armor is the best
>high tier armor is filled with edgy spikes and blades,while the weapon get ugly looking engraving and gold color
FUCKING UBISOFT

Dark Souls 3

>can't mix and match armors to maximize aesthetics

Edgy aesthetic is great though.

skyrim smithing means that you can take a wet sock and give it the defensive attributes of a boulder.

What would you give them?

I like the firelink set
I just wish we could get the non damaged version though

golbez type stuff

Variety for one.

Almost every game has wizards wearing a reskin of the same outfit, usually a dress.

>there is no endgame armour because everything can be upgraded to the same level

>it's an endgame armor doesn't even have a helmet episode

I wish you could choose what design/color your armor was. Fable 1 was cool in that each clothing had good, evil, and neutral versions of it, so you could choose one depending on your morality. It fucked it up with the weapons though; Obsidian (evil) was the second best material, while Master (good) was the best material.

>armor has stats that are significant
>good stats on fucking ugly armor

bloodborne had it right

Golbez is more of a spellsword. Mages need shitty cloth for balance reasons and because dnd says so.

Sure give them whatever as long as it's made of cloth and offers no protection so I can shit on them if I get past their bullshit.

>most powerful sword in the game is a candy cane

me on the left

>ask a guy if he's been to see the high elves
>punches me to death
There's no need for that.

Whatever the nobility in the setting wear. If I were a wizard I'd be wearing a tailored suit or dressed like a college professor.

Seems like that would restrict movement and most settings require gestures to cast magic. I thought that was the original idea behind robes.

My nigga

>there is no diversity among end game armors
>every character will end up wearing the same shit

I've always reasoned that it was due to "magic conductivity" that casting a fireball from your hand doesn't work well with gauntlets and a full suit of armor.

I think dnd explains that the heavy shit just fucks up your concentration and gesturing. In older editions IIRC you could wear heavier armour you just had a chance to miscast

This pisses me off so much, one thing dragon age INQ. did right was mages, they got to wear fucking slick looking fancy armors and actually MOVED when casting.

>implying armor matters for anything besides fashion in Dark Souls 3

Anus havel was never good and to this day isn't. Either way atleast it looks comical.

yeah, that's exactly how it works. and anyone in their right mind isn't going to play a caster with 50perjent backfire

I honestly just assumed so because I saw a lot of people wearing it online. I know they have an assload of poise at least which is what makes it good.