Ban lets players

Should the Ford Motor Company allow you to make money for driving their cars?

Should McDonalds allow you to make money by eating their food?

No? So why should Nintendo or any game developer allow you to make money by streaming yourself consuming their content and intellectual property? Get a real job. You're not an entertainer, you're not in the media business, you're a failure who has not marketable talent in the job market so you play videogames and e-beg.

But the correct answer is yes to all of the above. Are you retarded?

You think you're entitled to money for consuming/using a product? Get fucked retard.

So you were just retarded after all.

Ford should pay their customers for their patience with their shitty cars.

Great argument.

>Should the Ford Motor Company allow you to make money for driving their cars?

My dad has Cobra Jet and makes dosh in drag races and Ford doesn't give a fuck.

t. chevy fag

>Car analogy
>Food analogy
wew lad intesifies

This! fucking this!
My god, this shit is going to be regulated literally any year now. I hope these people sink like rocks.

I'm pretty sure I could go to a mcdicks and film myself eating their food, post it as a food review and make money.

Yes.

>Should McDonalds allow you to make money by eating their food?
Yes.

Fuck off retarded commie.

yeah right, ban taxis and food reviews

But he's not getting paid for simply driving the car is he? He's doing something with it. Gaymers are just doing what the game is designed to do, to be played. And people are mooching off that and making money out of it.

What happened to Enraged Enrico?

>Should McDonalds allow you to make money by eating their food?
It's not like people haven't done that before.

>But he's not getting paid for simply driving the car is he?

Uh, yes he is.

Both of your examples can make you money. Do you have brain problems?

I am sorry, I misspoke.
I will leave this thread in shame.

let's players use video games as vehicles for their personality, much like your gay asshole is a vehicle for cocks

Good ol e-celeb neistat does that all the time. The mcLobster was a recent one

car shows exist (topgear)
food shows exist (food network)
and they are some of the most popular tv shows

you're an idiot

pewdiepie attracts viewers, because his content is valuable to them, therefore he can generate money.only a communist would be against something that creates value/money, I bet you dont have anything valuable to contribute to society

When this eventually goes to court it will be ruled in favour of YouTubers.

Let's plays are videos and by definition aren't substitutes or competition for the games in the videos. They're also transformative because someone is adding their commentary or critique to the game.

Nintendo and Co. don't just go after Lets Plays though, they go after tutorials, reviews and guides as well.

Idk how you can defend this shitty behaviour. These companies are literally getting free marketing and they're throwing a tantrum about what wouldn't even be 0.01% of their sales revenue.

Yeah, people have totally never made money consuming a product before! There's never been a group of people who critique food and then post their opinions on the internet and get paid as a result. That's never happened ever.

>Grow up being told you'll never be able to play video games for a living
>So you give up on that dream
>But there are people doing that RIGHT NOW

I know user, its frustrating. But don't hate the success of others.

Lmao summer children detected.

>what is a test driver
>what is a food reviewer

I'll record myself having fun and theres nothing you can do about it

Yes he is, he's just doing it very fast, you're fucking stupid

Confirmed child.

>Allow

Thing is, companies don't have the power to 'allow me' one way or or another. Making money is fully up to me.

>Can you believe the paper companies just ALLOW authors to use their pages to make money!?

Those are skilled people in an entertainment industry. You are a prepubescent child in your bedroom screaming at a video game. There is a difference

If a hustle works then it works.

This. I hope OP remains upset for the foreseeable future.

Should the Ford Motor Company allow you to make money for driving their cars?

Should McDonalds allow you to make money by eating their food?

There are Movies and TV shows about people driving Cars and eating Fast Food, and ESPN now has Esports. Get a better argument

there's no thing saying they can't, though.

Also, some people do food reviews.

Your argument is shit, despite how much I dislike let's plays.

they DO

Implying I would drive american trash.

>When this eventually goes to court it will be ruled in favour of YouTubers.

Absolutely not. In cases like this courts usually favor large corporations. It's been proven that let's plays cut into sales.

>Let's plays are videos and by definition aren't substitutes or competition for the games in the videos.

Let's players absolutely are in competition to devs. Like I said it cuts into funding.

>Nintendo and Co. don't just go after Lets Plays though, they go after tutorials, reviews and guides as well.

How DARE a company not want to be associated with manchildren who make a living consuming their product! grrr!

>Idk how you can defend this shitty behaviour. These companies are literally getting free marketing and they're throwing a tantrum about what wouldn't even be 0.01% of their sales revenue.

See above

RegularCarReviews does the same thing as let's players but with cars. Including Ford. It is entirely legal.

Nintendo has a right to defend its intellectual property. If Nintendo says you can't do it, then don't complain when they come after you for it. Not Nintendo's fault you're a highschool dropout. Learn a trade

Yeah its called Top Gear

Ford makes money from us driver their cars and McDonald makes money from eating their food, wtf level of retard are you?

>ME NO LIKE THING, IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL

>I can't read!

Fucking retard

How are they going to "come after you"?
In court? The courts will favor youtubers.
Flagging videos on youtube? Okay, but that's more of a youtube problem. It just shows companies are willing to fight dirty. There is nothing nintendo can legally do to stop you from doing lets plays and making money off of it.

>Lolbertarians

Get the fuck out.

not an argument

nice b8

a game is more like a movie.

you are not allowed to stream a full movie

Someone must be extremely jealous, sucks to be you I guess.

Wrong. Nintendo has won every copyright claim on YouTube for example, has won every case that has gone to court. Nintendo strictly follows copyright law, it's just sperg youtubers cry because they keep shouting muh fair use despite it not being applicable in 99% of cases.

You don't really have to worry about it, the rich are shutting lets plays down. Incase you're unfamiliar with things; they've recently forced Youtube to change its policy under the threat of pulling funding.

As it stands now you are not allowed to do or say anyting in your video that is "not suitable to all advertisers" or you get demonetized. That means saying anything that could interpreted as having an opinion on anything. Smaller youtube channels are going under and begging people to donate, larger youtube channels are dieing and moving on to new websites and only the giant channels like Pewdiepie and Markiplier are still kicking because they get enough view to sustain themselves

Either this will kill content creation as a form of revenue or youtube will go the way of Myspace and be taken over by a new website.

I'm not too fond of lets players op

but don't those companies already let you do that?
theres people who review their cars and drive them on youtbute and people who eat mcdonalds and burgers and review the food

I'm not jealous of e-begging scum. I actually have a career that requires skill and an education. Not sitting in my bedroom consuming media and larping as an entertainer

>We should ban things I don't like

I usually watch let's play of games that look entertaining, but won't or can't buy.

If there were no LP's, I'd be more inclined to buy them.

Back during the snes and sega days, there was none of this. You either went to a friend's house and played the game, watch some shitty nickelodeon arcade show, or buy from a place that had the staff play the games to promote them.

Even during the ps1-2 era. I watched my godbrother play DMC 1 in one sit in, and that was enough to make me want to buy it.

I can see both sides of the argument. But i guess now we live in times where you can get paid to record yourself putting on make up or play vidya and talk over it.

>I have a very basic understanding of society and social dynamics

What if the child consents tho?

Yes? Once you've bought the fucking car, you can use it for whatever the fuck do you want. Deliveries, taxi, tourist tours. Are you braindead?

Nice reddit spacing bro

The laws forbid it regardless of consent. Nice false equivalence too.

>what is fair use
>what is transformative content
>making a pedophile analogy

What's wrong with making money?

Are you making a moral judgement argument or something.

Isn't that the whole point of ride sharing?

I mean, theyre providing a (admittedly meaningless) service that people are willing to pay for, are you telling me if idiots just gave you money for no reason you wouldnt take it?

That being said, I would love to see all these youtubers and twitch streamers eternally btfo just to see a bunch of 30+ year old manchildren try and get work with no actual experience

>Sucking corporate dick
OY

>Wrong. Nintendo has won every copyright claim on YouTube for example

I've literally never heard of this. Why the fuck would the courts favor nintendo when let's plays are transformative?

Yes, but you don't earn money for simply driving and using a car. You use a car in your life to make money depending on what you do. But simply driving on the highway or using it in it's very technical sense, shouldn't be something you should be paid for.

Because Nintendo like i said, strictly follow ALL copyright law to the letter. youtubers are butthurt by that because copyright law IF FOLLOWED TO THE TEE, is pretty restrictive. And neckbeard manchildren cry about it

(You)
Confirmed for never writing a paper

you do realize that people like pewdiepie would be able to live comfy for the rest of their lives, right?

We can just end the debate right now, people like OP care clearly just jealous of lets player because they think it's easy and they wish they could do it, prove me wrong.

Its the Devs choice you stupid cunt, a great example is how nintendo handled the lets playing situation

>It's been proven that let's plays cut into sales.
It's been proven that let's plays also help sales. So which is it?

Shit I didn't realize it was illegal to start a taxi service using ford vehicles.

If it makes money its a job dumb cunt, you despising that doesn't change it, yes its unfair that people with not alot of skills can be successful but thats life retard, once you leave your parents house you'll understand that

> y-you're just jealous

Enough with this shit. I am not jealous of my livlihood depending on socialblade stats and occasional twitter drama over inane shit to get attention. You people are pathetic attention whores and the lowest social class of people there is.

>It's been proven that let's plays cut into sales.

Brah of its so easy just do it and make bank, retard

You sound pretty jealous, bra.

t. fuming

>lowest social class there is
ya thanks for proving my point, are lottery winners also the lowest class in society? You aren't jealous of them either right?

I can film myself using a specific deodorant and put it on youtube without the deodorant brand sponsoring me and I'd make money.

Whats your point? They're showcasing the product. Whether people buy it or not is up to the consumers you dumb fuck

fair use is a grey area but the firewatch devs have given PDP an opportunity to have a cut and dry case in favor of youtubers that will set precedent

>a game is more like a movie.
Except for the whole interacting part. The part that defines what a video game is.

Companies can continue to do whatever they want with lets plays, and I'll just continue not paying for their games. Simple as that.

nope, they're fair use

>implying not butthurt chevy fag

Apparently not. Also the same company that says emulation is illegal

nobody has bothered fighting nintendo in court. pdp will fight firewatcfh devs and win setting precedent

Plenty of people get paid to review Ford cars with footage of them driving the cars attached.

I'd say people get paid to eat McDonald's, but you already know what you're getting there and no serious food critic would bother.

So someone if they buy a prebuilt computer with preinstalled software uses said resources to create an opportunity to make more money for themselves, they shouldn't be allowed to do so since they are using others creations to further their own gains?

You don't know how capitalism works.

And just to reinforce: I hate LPers.

Don't ban let's players.

You're not entitled to making money off the work of others.

The company has a right to defend its intellectual property. If the company says you can't do it, then don't complain when they come after you for it. Not their fault you're a highschool dropout. Learn a trade

You literally didn't pay attention to what I said at all.

>Should the Ford Motor Company ban Top Gear from driving their cars?
bad thread

I saw what you posted, and it's wrong.

They should, unless Top Gear pays a license to use their cars for profit

Let's players don't own the games they buy, they're paying for a license and violating the license agreement by using the g games for profit.

Except what I said isn't, stop with the mental gymnastics. If someone owns a product, they can use that product to produce revenue for themselves. I didn't pay money to use a computer, I pay money to own a computer. What I do with that computer, like making games, programs, applications, inventions, is utilized through the computer so by your retarded circular logic, I don't get to profit from that because I didn't do it without the computer's aid, and ergo the computer was not built by me so I shouldn't deserve it.

You are dumb.

the videos they make are covered by fair use. this is all that matters.

>shoot guns on YouTube
>make money

>eat food on YouTube
>make money

>drive cars on YouTube
>make money

>play video games on YouTube
>REEEEEE DON'T MAKE MONEY