Fuck this game. I'm almost 20 hours in, and I still have no clue how to play...

Fuck this game. I'm almost 20 hours in, and I still have no clue how to play. Card battle system is fucking awful and takes all the fun out of Kingdom Hearts. This is such a blue balls experience. I've just been spamming Sonic Blade for hours on end. I just want to experience the story, but I'm about so close to giving up. It just never fucking ends. 10 fucking floors of nothing but the same tired structure. It's mind-numbingly tedious and dreadfully boring.. And I fucking heard there's still a Riku story mode I have to go through. Fuck me I just want to get to KH2 but this trash game just wont fucking end. It's a nightmare. Give me some tips so I can end it already fuuuuuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vNyWsAVWXnI
youtu.be/Aowk8xunU5s
youtu.be/0Q8oQUQ1-Ic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just watch this. About the same experience. youtube.com/watch?v=vNyWsAVWXnI

COM worked way better on the GBA, it was 2D so it was a lot less tedious and also had hand-made sprites instead of reusing most assets from KH1/KH2.

I played Re:COM recently and I have about the same feelings as you, it's mostly a tedious slog. My recommendation is that for random encounters you should just experiment with different sleight combos, and the bosses can mostly be cheesed with Sonic Blade.

You're just dumb. The combat in this one is the best in the series.
The only flaw is that's too easy, even on proud, when you understand the system.

I do think the GBA version is more intuitive and snappy. Tthe remake still has the spirit of the game, but it's just boooring to grind through. At this point just watch a Youtubers or something for strats/exploits. Look at how they handle bosses; it trickles down from there. It's worth finishing since it has the bestest story.

I just don't understand. I line up my sleights, use the sleights in battle, first card in the sleight gets removed, and now my whole deck is fucked up. Like, I'm only effective until I've used up my first line of sleights, then I'm just left with messed up combinations.

And this is referring to sleights outside of Sonic Blade, like Firaga Burst. I'm trying to beat Vexen II.

If doing sleight is too difficult for you, just build a strong card deck. Literally nothing stops you from not letting your enemies to attack you

But some bosses build up their own sleights, and I just simply find it too difficult to fumble though my deck trying to build a more powerful sleight or find a zero card. I seriously hate this system. I wish it was turn-based or something. I can't keep track of a hundred different things at once.

id say stop relying on sleights so much. its a newby mistake

youtu.be/Aowk8xunU5s
I think every Vexen attack is dodgeable. You can (and should) also break the attacks you can't dodge - just use a 0 card.
I think the best tip the game doesn't give to you is not pumping your hp when you gain levels.
I love the sleight system. IMO it's why the game stands out.

You can use the shortcut to put your zero cards or heading cards. What I did is I put my zero cards at the web's of my deck and whenever the enemy used sleights, I'd break that shit by issuing the shortcut to recall cards and then going backwards to choose a zero card.

At the end of my deck*

Also don't rely that much on sleight, like
Said. And don't use premium either

Sleights kinda trivializes most of the game
youtu.be/0Q8oQUQ1-Ic

If you really can’t wrap your mind around the battle system just make a ice only deck + enemy card that makes blizzard stronger and switch to a fire only deck for vexen.

oh shit I forgot about shortcuts
that actually might alleviate some of my problems, thanks

I have no clue how anyone can struggle with this CoM card system. It's literally Baten Kaitos for retards.

GBA version is better in so every fucking way it's ridiculous. Even the cutscenes are more enjoyable due to them being VN style instead of gesturing lowpoly models with bubbles. Music is also more like KH1 and they use the original HJO voice.

No loading at all and because of this grinding feels better and you don't get lost, hardly need to aim at something and everything is cutesy 2D.

Premium cards are cool when used with sleights since they don't get killed, when you used the greater part of your deck there's always item cards.

From what I remember of the GBA title, you want a deck that plays itself. You have some sleights that you dish out like clockwork and some zeroes. On reload, you ought to try to have it elegantly create align new sleights given that you've lost some cards. Also yeah, magic. I don't think bosses have such complex AI that you can't actively predict their next move.

Gameplay sucks shit desu
Just pile high level cards for random encounters and make a deck of 9's and 0's as soon as you can for bosses
It really drags on and on though, plus fuck neverland as riku

It's been over a decade since I played it, but I think I remember Riku's path being WAY harder than Sora's.