youtu.be/XU_n3X1tkVE
youtu.be/vHOGkh-rRyw
youtube.com/watch?v=_rg2QdJbTzw&t=415s
tcrf.net/Mario_&_Luigi:_Superstar_Saga/Regional_Differences
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cackletta is sexy

>Implying the original OST was good
youtube.com/watch?v=0ppA9Y8AmHM

I'll be ruining this here soundtrack, see?
youtube.com/watch?v=4w_v21rNSLU

Bowletta is.

>OST
>character/enemy design
>overworld controls
Is there anyting they didn't manage to fuck up?

>OST
objectively worse
>character/enemy designed
They got rid of a few unique designs but they did also retcon some things and establish continuity in some other places
>overworld controls
Exactly the same only with some QoL changes like being able to quick switch on the touchscreen and using the X button to jump if you aren't on jump

Bowser's Minions mode is better than ANOTHER GBA game that comes with the arcade Mario Bros game I suppose.

I thought Luigi can't go in front now, and his bro actions are all in Mario's move rotation>

The boxart is really cool though Luigi not showing his socks aside. Too bad NA doesn't get it.

Did the user who beat story complete minion mode yet?

Anyone managed to unlock the final Bowser Minions stage yet?

Luigi can be in front if th selected field action requires him to be in front

Still buying for nostalgia, bestgirl, and Bowser's Minions.

The soundtrack of the original game sucked mostly. It's a remake, they can't change much sadly.

>no more thunderhand/firebrand mischief on the field screen
well, that's shit, at least they kept luigi abuse

>watching chuggaaconroy's bonus video on Partners in Time
>Elder Princess Shroob has an attack where she pulls UFOs into a time portal and launches them at you on the next turn
What the actual fuck, I never knew this existed in 12 years.

And the way they attack the bros match their hand powers from the first game.(firey ships for mario. Short circuited ships for luigi)

I noticed that pretty easily my first time through.

youtube.com/watch?v=LjpwBRDgMK4&t=

I was super disappointed when I first heard this monstrosity and now I'm starting to actually like it. What on earth is wrong with me?

it's ok but could be better

Is this worth playing or should I replay the original?

I loved Superstar Saga as a kid.

it's literally the same game with some changes here and there but nothing major
Minion mode shows some behind the scenes stuff but it is not really work that much in my opnion

Replay the original, remake is literally just original with fancier graphics, nothing worth the money.

I actually really like the heavy organ, but why did they take the guitar out of the song? Usually Yoko's final boss songs are always crazy with adrenaline and excitement.

Well considering the port is a straight up improvement over the original in almost every regard and emulating it is possible, you should play this one. Soundtrack is a little questionable but other than that it stays true to the source material pretty well.

>stays true to the source material
>doesn't even try keeping the original designs of generic Mario enemies or SE cameos
>ost was butchered but passable

Unless you're a 3DS only owner and actually starved for games until you wait to buy a Switch, you have no reason to buy this.

Just emulate the original, it's superior.

Daily reminder of what we gained and lost

Were mecha-bloopers cut like the mecha chomps?

Nope. All water enemies are there

No, we only lost the Mecha-Chomps for some reason.

No idea. I wanna know if the "CONGRATULATIONS" moles are still in the game. There was a suprisingly huge amount of those guys in the game

I loved the original as a kid too. Just finished the remake, and while I do prefer the original artstyle, the remake still looks gorgeous (seeing some of the areas with new lighting effects is really cool) and is the superior version, at least in my opinion. There's some neat QoL improvements, and the stuff that most people here seem to be complaining about didn't hurt my enjoyment at all. I suggest at least playing it to see for yourself. I do miss the OP as fuck Mush Badges though, but I guess it was always like that in the Japanese version.

They are, I've gotten multiple ones in my run. Not sure if they're all there but they probably are.

So, anybody unlock the final stage of Minion Quest yet?
Anybody figure out how to get Bowsy?

>cackletta's souls hands are colored solely to make it easier to tell which bro is going to get hit
Dumbest casualization if I've ever seen one

>they made queen bean's breast bigger

isn't it to tell you which one is weak to fire and thunder?
in the original each hand was weak to an element and if you used the wrong one it fucking healed it. it was dumb how you had no idea how to tell which was weak to what.

Do they look the same?

It also tells you which elemental attack said hand uses and it's weak to. I'm honestly suprised how much casual-friendly they made the game, to a point I didn't even think it was possible.

Uh.No dude. They're colored after the element of their attack, even in the original Cackletta always had one hand that did the fire attacks and a hand that did the other attacks. It's just that now the arms are colored after it too. But it doesn't change who can get hit by which at all.

Oh hey is that doctor toadly I see?

>Do they look the same?
They look like normal Monty Moles with a bow from what I remember. Give me a minute, I'll look for one & grab a screenshot.

It is. He replaces Psycho Kamek as the hypnotist in Little Fungitown

you didn't really have a way of actually knowing which hand is weak to which element. it sort of incentivised me not to use the elemental attacks in the original (they were also really shit so thats a factor in there as well)

Cool. I hope he still has that dramatic voice.

Here you go.

She can't remix for shit apparently. In The Final, Adventure's End and Final Battle were good and all originals.
She's still samey as fuck though but I don't really mind a whole lot.

what the fuck did they do to the battle theme, it isn't as fast paced or catchy like the original.
youtube.com/watch?v=Sjs_63wEOAM

this too, the techno stuff sounds pretty awful.

There is no better proof then the Minion Quest battle themes:
youtu.be/XU_n3X1tkVE
youtu.be/vHOGkh-rRyw

>Bat Wear
>Stone Wear

I just picked up Dream Team's Guard Shell 2.0

What about this pipe guy? Still the same?

yeah, he looks good in DT/PJ artstyle.

I've playing through Bowser's Inside Story again right now and I gotta say, the music in this game is super underwhelming. The battle music tracks are really lifeless.

but it was, posting the only bad song won't make your statement true

I like the battle music tracks, but the overworld tracks are a bit weird for me.
I don't recall them standing out to me, but I can still remember a significant amount of them despite not playing in ages.

BINK HAS BEEN MURDERED AND REPLACED. HEAR ME ALL, BINK HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A JEALOUS SKELEMAN. THAT SKELETON IS NOT BINK!

As much as I want to disagree with Sup Forums, this really doesn't pack as much of a punch as the original, it's not bad, but they traded that heavy guitar effect, and put the organ at the forefront.

youtube.com/watch?v=_rg2QdJbTzw&t=415s

not him but it's still pretty weak. probably the weakest in the series.
the songs are too repetitive due to how short the loops are. GBA soundfont also makes certain tracks sound worse than they should. Some of the remixes are a bit better i'd say but they're still hugely underwhelming, what the fuck is yoko even doing?

Noice. What about this one?

pics?

Yes, he's still in & looks the same.

Working on KH3 & Xenoblade 2? I mean, the game was finished for months, and they're just wrapping development fo that last one, so...

Thanks! What about this fella?

Has nintendo addressed the leak yet?

Here, enjoy a screen shot.

just got done fighting him, he covers his little tree with his hands now after you hit it once, so I dont think you can cheese him that way anymore.

nope, and no relevant website is even talking about it.

>they'll never add add QoL improvements and remove mandatory tutorials in the other entries.
at least patch it into Dream Team. i fucking love that game as much as Superstar Saga but it hurts to go through the slow ass start of it.

Anyone want any screenshots of any enemy? I have a beaten save file so I can grab anything probably.

In 5 hour. Got to re fight the final boss in the main story thanks to luma screenshot for fucking up my screen when I was fighting the boss.

Waiting eargerly

neat, they're not just walking heads anymore.

Is this guy still locked behind that Luigi-only dungeon? (If not then I would like to see it in the new style)

Really? I though most of the attack patters were exactly like in the original. Any noticeable changes in other bosses?

Oh man they look so goofy. I love it.

what do I get for scanning amiibos in Bowser's Quest? It says it adds captains, are there unique amiibo only captains? I have some NFC stickers leftover and I want to know what gives me what

Weird. Figured they would've done something by now.
boo?

Never appease nostalgia fags

Just make new games with new OST

Nostalgia fags will never accept remixes

>boo?

The enemy Amiibo give you a golden variant of the captain.
Other than that, Amiibos are used for a stamp sidequest thing to get gear.

>always crazy with adrenaline and excitement

The only two M&L games to have any of these are DT and especially PJ

cute. Do they still make the silly faces?

Huh, so they actually kept the BUFF Chomp bro?

And here I was afraid THICK Hammer bros would be butchered, Atleast this is great

Not him, but Iggy and Ludwig were changed for their fights in Bowser;s Castle. Iggy messes with your sprites and Ludwig does an all-or-nothing attack that you have to continuously counter (like what any of the koopalings did when they were the last one left in a battle in Paper Jam)

show this guy too if you dont mind, pic-user
he's the only boss i've seen do something different so far. Enemies changes I've seen though:
-Chuck Guy's spear swiping attack is changed to a hammer counter
-Yo-Yo Bro doesn't take a turn to charge up his yo-yos to attack twice with them now
-Bob-ombs have a different attack where they circle you now, instead of them charaging at you and you hit the ground to make them trip

Is Mario & Luigi the only turn based RPG where it's possible to never take a single point of damage?

Do you still have 1 HP at the beginning of the final battle?

No they don't.

Yes.

you probably always go first now though since this game's code is based of the Japanese SSS

original looked way better, they even fucked up the battlefield

Yes, that is the case.

>Japanese SSS
explain thyself

Cackletta's Soul is a 3D model now, so she looks super out of place.

Japanese Superstar Saga balanced the game, nerfed the mush equip. and gave Fawful the same boss theme Cackletta uses on her 1st battle.

Superstar Saga's Japanese version got a lot of changes and fixes compared to the international version:
tcrf.net/Mario_&_Luigi:_Superstar_Saga/Regional_Differences

Basically updated version. Nerfed mush badge for instance

how does the jap mush badge work?

Still works but does WAY less damage.

Is this thing still a creepy shark skeleton?

Significantly worse damage boost

It works the same way, just nerfed the values.

Japan:
>0.078 - Mushroom
>0.098 - Super Mushroom
>0.117 - Ultra Mushroom
>0.199 - Max Mushroom

International:
>0.199 - Mushroom & Super Mushroom
>0.250 - Ultra Mushroom
>0.299 - Max Mushroom