Are let's plays legal or illegal?

are let's plays legal or illegal?

Other urls found in this thread:

playscripts.com/help/rights
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's never been brought to court to show definitively one way or the other but most lawyers think they'd most likely be ruled illegal if ever brought to court. There's a reason why no one ever tries to fight Nintendo's copyright strikes.

Legal, but shit

They're legal now because they haven't been to court, but if brought to court lawyers will probably argue that they are illegal and succeed.

There's probably going to be some kind of distinction between elements that are interactive and elements that are not, ie It'll be fine to stream Rocket League because it's all interactive, but not fine to stream TLOU because a lot of its enjoyment is non interactive

they should be illegal

illegal but nobody cares enough to enforce it.

>ywn see ai drowning in the semen of a group of overweight middle aged japanese men ever again

This
If anything it would probably kill lets plays of movie "games"

A wise man once said that video games are the paints and brushes used to create let's playing works of art. Dwell on this, OP.

>lets plays become illegal
>people start pirating them

>she retired
Fuck.

Don't remind me that she's retired, user. ;_;

Her "trip" to bumblefuck Africa was interesting.

bump

best girl

This. Anyone who gives a different answer doesn't know what they're talking about.

Posting a much better girl

interesting point. all I ever stream are "cinematic" games that don't look fun to play but have pretty graphics/interesting story.

just post the nudes already so I can jack off and leave, faggots.

and why do they think that? if anyone is at fault it's the developers for making not engaging enough content that warrants a purchase/playthrough. that's a form of false advertising.

So what you're saying is we need somebody to bite the bullet and make a shitty cancer channel. Then have them contest any strikes against them in court. After that the entire gay fucking e celeb shitpile will combust what little is left of jewtube.

All we need now is a proper replacement.

>girl

Fun fact: If someone does something in a let's play, and you decide to make a video and the same thing happens in your let's play then you will get your video pulled off of youtube for "copyrighting someone else's let's play".

t. Happened to Yogscast. They crashed a moon lander in an episode of one of their LPs and because some other kid did it before them he got some of their vids pulled.

More like most companies are happy to receive free advertising.

EKDV-339

So, after the Pew Die Pie incident I'm to understand that the mainstream of the youtube commentators now think reviews using gameplay footage or commentated footage (riffing/ranting) is ok, but lets plays and streams are technically illegal and everyone has the right to fuck you in the ass for doing them?
Can't they see how hypocritical this is?
Especially TB that keeps trying to suck up to Jim "Fat Fuck" Sterling despite being considered persona non grata among Jim's circle of friends?

Not if they use the proper gaming and copyright/IP licenses in their videos, then they are legal.

Rat faced slut.

does anyone have the pic of this elephant but he looks surprised and he's dropped his peanuts

delet

got you senpai

thanks senpai

>but not fine to stream TLOU because a lot of its enjoyment is non interactive

first casuals get their own vidya, and now they get their own laws!

>It'll be fine to stream Rocket League because it's all interactive, but not fine to stream TLOU because a lot of its enjoyment is non interactive

are you really expecting the government to evaluate something as subjective as that

>EKDV-339
thanks pal

She looks like Ai Uehara.

Not really, it's obvious that content in a review isn't a substitute for playing the game whereas in a stream it is. So the former would be considered fair use and the latter a copyright violation. It's exactly the same with reviewing an album or movie versus uploading it for viewing. I don't really give a fuck about copyright laws since I'm pirate regardless.

>I don't know what fair use is

That is Ai Uehara you dumbfuck.

name?

I dont think the comparison works

Uploading music or a movie is the same as uploading the game to download

Reviewing one is like reviewing the others

But lets plays are more equivalent to someone describing a movie/album to you. You receive all the content information, like how you can be told every note of a song every lyric etc. But its not the same as consuming the song by listening to it.

Same as watching someone play is not the same as playing yourself, as the game is designed as a product for input, not to be watched

Unless its a movie game or some shit with bare minimal inputs

Ai Uehara was so pure and then she just had to get blacked in Africa.

my sides

How do you pronounce her name?

Ayy Ooh Eeh hara

What is Ai Uehara's last work before she retired?

So you're saying in the future we can quantify actual movie games vs actual games by if you're allowed to lets play/stream them?

They'll just ban Sony games.

Pls respond.

>Tfw just finished fapping to Anri

>Musican plays someone else's song.
>Gets permission, pays royalties.

>Little Theater or High School drama club performs someone else's play.
>Gets permission, pays royalties.

YouTuber records an annotated playthru of someone else's game.
>Gets pissy when the game's publishers say "Hey, wait a minute."

It's not difficult, kids.

Is this the JAVfu that does anal? I forget her name.

>>Musican plays someone else's song.
>>Gets permission, pays royalties.
>>Little Theater or High School drama club performs someone else's play.
>>Gets permission, pays royalties.
Do you really think this happens outside of major public events?

All JAV is awful, I've only ever found 2 that made me diamonds. One was about a gyaru being a gentle femdom to a kinda meek kid and another was a random video of a girl meeting up with a guy to make a sex vid and she really enjoyed herself.

Wish I could find the 2nd one again. She brought 2 guys back to her apartment. One was the performer, the other was the camera man. She squirted a bunch, it was amateur. She wore grey pants for a bit.

man she's so ugly in real life

>TLOU because a lot of its enjoyment is non interactive
i feel like we're missing his joke here. heh

It should be. Imagine if you could upload full movies with some random comments like "that scene was pretty good" thrown in here and there AND make money off of it. Completely unethical and flat out lazy. You're just mooching off someone else's work.

They are legal, they qualify under fair use if you monetize them.

Doing it for fun is just free advertising for the game really.

Just because you don't get caught breaking the rules doesn't make it ok to do

Sounds like MST3K, which already exists.

So big youtube/twitch channels have to pay but smaller ones don't?

you got alink to the gyaru one mate?

I mean, if there is high editing involved I guess it could be considered fair use. Like Cinema Sins.

>netflix
No idea what this is, but I'm fairly sure that's a false equivalent given that it's not exactly some random nobody giving you the movie for free.

Cinema sins is fine I think. You can't substitute his videos for the actual movies.

>it's not the same as consuming the song by listening to it
Let's say it's a JRPG where half of the appeal is the story. You are consuming part of it, a good chunk actually since some people can completely diss a game for having a bad history.

I unironically respect her even as a whore, I just feel appreciation for anyone I think has reached the top in their field.

>her pics are great
>her vids are horrid

Fucking JAVs, I will never get used to that shit...

Yakuza 0 constantly made me feel sad knowing the female characters had essentially thrown their lives away.

Oo-ay-hara

What is this and why I should care?

Let's say that there is a game that is only good for one playthrough based on being heavily story influenced. By a Let's Player streaming the whole thing, it makes the purchase of the game pointless for thousands upon thousands of people.

i'll never have a cute gf like her...

Yes. Theatre people in particular are hardasses about this.

playscripts.com/help/rights

====
All performances must be licensed by Playscripts in advance -- regardless of the size of the audience, and whether or not an admission fee is charged. The writer -- like a costume shop or makeup supplier -- must receive compensation whether or not you charge admission.

If you are a school, you still must pay royalties.
If you are a non-profit institution, you still must pay royalties.
If you do not charge admission, you still must pay royalties.
If you invite an audience to a dress rehearsal, you still must pay royalties.
If you perform the play or musical at a school competition or festival, you still must pay royalties.

Exceptions:
• Currently, royalties are waived for the performance of excerpts lasting less than 10 minutes at adjudicated school theatrical festivals or competitions, unless otherwise noted. These particular performances, and only these, are automatically authorized by the playwright when you purchase books of the play you wish to perform. (Note: Any other cuttings must receive prior approval from Playscripts.)
• Royalties for certain in-classroom performances may be reduced or waived. Performances at school assemblies do not count as in-classroom performances. Neither do performances at school festivals and competitions. Your eligibility will be assessed automatically when you order "Performance rights."
====

ching chong ding dong

Like VNs?
I see, thanks for explaining.

Can this bitch do anal already?

Depends.
If its edited down like a CowChop or OneyPlays video, it more than likely could be safe under Fair Use for being Transformative.
If its just literally hours of some guy talking over unedited footage, that could easily get slammed for copyright infringement. Its why Rifftrax don't include the movie they're talking over, just the audio.
Of course slamming a Lets Player with a lawsuit is bad press for anyone who isn't Sup Forums, so a case will probably never be made, just DMCA takedowns and companies monetizing videos.

Can't find it again, but I remember she hard a sparkly shirt collar on throughout the vid.

Anri is hot as fug

Must be that I don't speak japanese but she looks like a nice person. What JAV actress will help me forget about Ai?

That bitch is pretty hot. I'm mostly into pantyhose and heels, she does have one great ass and legs.

kek

>I'm mostly into pantyhose and heels

Great taste.

kəm-slət

IS THAT A NIPPLE??

>NIPPLE
MODS MODS MODS
Also uncensored Anri Okita when?

>uncensored Anri Okita

user... she retired

Doesn't stop the Yakuza for releasing Ai Uehara uncensored.

This girl is pretty cute, couldn't she make money with her looks without sucking cock? Is she not what japs look for in a model?

You could argue that it depends on the game and what not. For games that are more story based, probably. For puzzle games, probably not.

Not sure how one would curtail LPs though if they were found to be illegal.

>that one jav where she actually did fuck Whites
>no one in the video looked like they wanted to be there

what? ID NOW

I want to be those boobs

ok can jap girls stop looking so fucking cute? i'd hate to make their genetics less racially pure as someone who's against race mixing.

as long as your not brown its ok , keep your shit skin else where.

it's a serious problem, coming back to burgerland after 2 weeks over there I just feel like I'm surrounded by horrendously fat and ugly people

As long as youre not black or arab it should be fine. Even poos or beaners can keep offspring cute.
t. Beaner with mexasian baby

>i'd hate to make their genetics less racially pure as someone who's against race mixing.

*tips stahlhelm*