ITT: Bad game design

ITT: Bad game design

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BZ0csuFo5vY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ITT: Shit OPs currently undergoing a chocolate enema.

doesn't the scanner show you exactly what you need to do there?

Why is this bad game design?

I was stuck in this part when I was a kid, just found what I had to do many years later.

Oh come on. I'm not particularly bright, but I figured that out when I was eleven years old.
You have a huge bomb and the tube looks extremely fragile. Whatever must you do?

Metroid is about figuring out how to get into places. It's not like its out of left field.
Asshats these days must have everything handed to em.

Go to bed, Pauly.

Literally how?

I haven't played in like 20 years, but if I remember right, the tube doesn't appear under the scanner, which is what first aroused my suspicions. So yes.

The turbo tubes level was pure bullshit.

what are you talking about this was great
trace memory used it too
it's pretty damn neat

Zelda has a lot of these kind of "puzzles" where the game has to flat out to tell you the solutions, this goes all the way back to stuff like the lost woods solution being told to you by an old man.

I solved this by accident. Closed my DS to go read up game faqs.

>there's an owl statue that tells you to kill the prisoner first
>bad game design

What's wrong with this? it gives you an easy riddle and all you have to do is figure out the riddle to proceed.

Didn't the minimap hint that that area goes beyond that tube?

youtube.com/watch?v=BZ0csuFo5vY

Any RPG that gives a game over if the lead gets KOed alongside enemy AI with random targeting

I know this is bait, but I just love explaining this. You see this early in the game. You pass is multiple times so it's stuck in your mind. Even if it's in the back of it. When you beat Phantoom, you can explore Wrecked Ship, get the gravity suit, and eventually find a way into Maridia. The path you take from that entrance will lead you to a map station for Maridia and a tube that looks just like the on in the OP, but it's broken. Then it drops you right next to this tube. t that point you just use all your weapons and figure out that power bomb breaks the tube. It's actually an example of great game design since it makes the player feel smart for figuring this out, even though the game is really hinting at what to do.

You retarded piece of shit.

that one ramp that you have to jump off of is the only part of super metroid I ever got stuck on

You talking about the one in Norfair? With the speed booster?

such a good game

I honestly don't remember where it is
but there's only one ramp in the game you're supposed to run at then jump off so that's probably the one

I got stuck on this part of the fire temple for a while. I blame the fire wall, and the fact that the platform is at an angle and usually jumping into angled things was bad in OoT.

You're probably talking about how you get the Grapple Beam, if I remember there are blocks there that can only be broken by speed boosting which is your 'hint'.

I looked it up too.

that seems like a shit hint but maybe I'm just a retard
I'm surprised they haven't remade super metroid. maybe it's next on the list after a proper 2D sequel

worse design choice in OoT wa the secret areas you had to use scarecrow song to get to

Or the hidden time blocks in various temples.

But those only gave you rupees IIRC

>TFW didn't even know that was a thing until almost ten years later

Motion controls.

Reminder SFZ is objectively trash even when motion controls aren't part of the picture.

That's not that bad. An owl statue tells you what to do. Zelda 1 and A Link to the Past are really the only two that have a bunch of cryptic shit that you just have to know.

Wait, are you saying you jumped from that platform in the pic? Can you even make the jump from there?

>Look at me, I posted it again!

Do you have 13 other 'janitors_doing_their_job' pictures?

___ ___

I love Sonic 2 but the enemy placement in these two zones is just so fucking annoying.

You know I heard that kid was actually able to beat the game. Yeah he turned into a bit of a meme but at least he didn't give up. Assuming it's true that he actually did beat it

Same here, fucking hell

get a life

When a Lucio at full health can't outrun a Symmetra beam using an amplified speed boost, you know something's wrong.

>Jellyfish

Surely someone corrected him at that point.

I think the worst part is, is that retards like you actually thought he was serious despite blatant troll posts like and pic related.

Based Pauly, exposing retards one at a time.

So shit game design just means something that frustrates you?

Not him but

Considering the only image of this I've ever seen is "Why can't Metroid crawl" and with how often kids tend to think Link's name is Zelda I don't think it's a stretch for me to think that he was being genuine.

That is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen.

The entire zone, but also most of Sonic CD in general

i dont get it

Fair enough but if you STILL thought he was serious after stuff like this then I don't know what to tell you.

I have no compelling reason as to why I'm going to spoon-feed you, but here it goes: He's referring to the metroids rather than the player character.

I fucking love Wacky Work Bench

>Shattered glass tube in nearby area
>Power Bombs established as "find all the secrets in the area" item
>Unshattered glass tube
Hmm...

Past or future?

The worst part about this is that the "counter" they printed also counters my stupid fucking Explore Un'goro deck. A card that was already bad made even worse by the existence of a card that just deletes your deck if you played Explore. Surely they could have designed a better counter.

Past

You don't? Is it your first day on Sup Forums?

I'm sorry the game didn't tell your retarded ass "Use a fucking power bomb here" because maybe you would have some imagination and try out all the different weapons you had in your inventory. I really do feel sorry for your generation.

nope it tells you to kill the "pols voice" first. If you didn't have the guide (like me) you had to figure it out. Luckily I knew what the stalfos and keese were already, so by process of elimination...

But I don't think they even said what pols voice is in the manual

WHY WOULD YOU PLAY EXPLORE ANYWAYS?
sorry caps

>sorry caps

Because I think it's fun to mess around with shitty decks sometimes. I know it's shitty, but that's no reason to make it even shittier.

>tfw that was my last skulltula

Fuck this crab.

huh? Something is really activating my almonds here

I just can't quite...

Don't fucking bother. The average IQ of people have plummeted by 20 on the last decade.

Even if you don't, there's only nine combinations you can do and as long as you go through it, it's guaranteed you'll figure it out as long as you know it's that room.
Worst case scenario is you don't know what ANY of the monster names are, in which case you're rightly dicked up shit creek with no paddle

>it's just a joke, we weren't ACTUALLY racists
>it's free speech
>Sup Forums is the best board!
There were signs of decline since early Sup Forums, but we didn't listen, we rode the slippery slope into right winged mental degeneracy.