Bethesda creation club is basically paid mods

>bethesda creation club is basically paid mods
>NBA2k18 has a fucking $150 digital collectors edition yet still has microtransactions for shit like character stats
>square enix is talking about games as a service
>shadow of war has lootboxes with randomized loot

When will it end? It feels like people care less and less about this shit so the industry tries to go all out with their money making schemes. Every fucking time you think they've hit rock bottom they come up with new shit to make some extra cash.

>Thinks slippery slope is real
It's always been like this

But when does it fucking end? There has to be a point where you can't charge people anymore.

It ends when your bank account is empty and your credit card is maxed out

They will charge as much as the market will bear. Unless you think videogames are some special snowflake industry and that the rules of basic economics don't apply.

it'll end when you stop paying for it

The bigger they get the less risks they're willing to take. So instead of trying to create new legitimate revenue streams they just try to further exploit what they already have. Rather than making new content people would like, they cut out existing content and sell it. And they're all hiring psychologists that tell them how to maximize profits by manipulating consumers into thinking they're not really wasting money.

The industry is growing, do you really think that people joining in now will stop giving them money?

then face the fact that you're no longer the target audience

Games have had dlc and micro transactions for quite some time. None of these games require you to pay for any of these and it makes no sense for developers to stop micro transactions when a large portion of people buy them just to bypass grinding or to add a different look to the game. Literally no game is negatively affected by these unless you are one of the guys that likes to complain about everything.

>The industry is growing
The console industry is shrinking actually.
Bear in mind that the 360 and PS3 alone sold a combined 150 million units as of 2013.
The PS4 and XB1 combined haven't even hit 100 million yet, and even including the WiiU and current Switch sales, they don't come near that 150 million figure.
And let's not even talk about handhelds.

The mobile industry is exploding though and they thrive off micro transactions

>to bypass grinding
>Literally no game is negatively affected by these
Let me get this straight. You are saying that content so bad that people pay to bypass this content is not negatively effecting a game? What about NBK2k18 where you literally increase your characters stats through microtransactions? Is that not negative enough for you?

The mobile industry is irrelevant to most of the rest of the industry.

STOP PREORDERING
STOP KICKSTARTING
STOP KEKING FOR DLC

Why would that negatively affect me in NBA2k? Its not like I'm playing against a person who is boosting his character. I will make my character and play him fairly. It positively affects the person who is willing to spend money, but doesn't affect me in the slightest. Everyone wants instant gratification now but that doesn't mean YOU need to take advantage of the system. Bypassing grinding in mobas doesn't really affect anyone but the person who boosts since he's going to suck when he gets to max level. Also don't tell me you are the petty one who sees the skin of the OW character you love and say psshhh he prob bought a fuck ton of loot boxes

Not so much anymore. A lot of indie developers are making their games available on mobiles, and Nintendo and other popular companies are making mobile games. Its pretty stupid to say that they don't affect the industry at all

when you're talking about the consumers it is, since there's fuck all overlap between them

It's never going to end, fucking early access has demonstrated how retarded the majority of the community can be. Now that company's have seen this they are going to suck out every penny. Pic semmi related

in the new nba game they reduced the amount of ingame currency you get from playing to like half of what you got from older games and unlocked stuff no longer carries between characters. the ingame currency is required for everything in the game. anyone who doesn't pay will be stuck grinding almost twice as much as what they would have in a previous game.

Never. People don't care about it. I don't care about it. When I care about it, I don't spend my money on it. If too much is locked behind a paywall, I don't spend my money on the original product.

Maybe be a responsible adult and don't give a shit about what other people do with their money. There are plenty of games, why do you need to invest in all of them? Do you not have a backlog?

Broadband internet is what allowed all of this shit.

they'll stop giving them money when wages keep stagnating but prices keep increasing

2k have gotten so fucking greedy. They’ve become EA now.

The problem is normies. Fucking everyone who browses Sup Forums, no matter how shit their taste in vidya or their skill level, knows far more about video games than the average person. I would also guess that most people here have been playing video games for 15+ years (or, if you're a teen cunt, half of your life). We notice these new jew tactics because we are on top of gaming trends and news. However, there are a metric fuckton of people who "recently" started playing video games when it started to change from a hobby only weird neckbeard turbo virgins liked to a broader market. The people who buy yearly installments of the same game (CoD, Madden, AssCreed, FIFA, ect) or follow the herd (PUBG, Overwatch) just don't give a shit about these new policies because they don't know better.