Final boss is a floating blond angel man with colorful wings who hates humans

>final boss is a floating blond angel man with colorful wings who hates humans
What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M5JNqS2eiJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

old yggdrasil

Why did they have to mean anything by this?

is this a tales game

Yes.

My heart hurts every time I think about Velvet and her story.

Reminder that Eizen is the our guy

she's had a rough life man

Tales of Xenoblade

Post more smiling Berseria characters.

What the fricking h*ck was her problem?

Nothing, it's just a cliche that won't die.
I thought your pic was from Xenoblade for a second.

>cheeky Berseria characters

Is that bootleg Mithos?

It's a fusion between Mithos and Van to be precisely

mithos was a way better villain desu

No need to be so mad babe

>want to enjoy Berseria
>""""""dungeons""""""" are more or less just straight lines without actual puzzles like in Symphonia and Abyss
>most music was forgettable except velvets theme
At least the characters were good

>Satomi Arai's golden voice
>they kill her off immediately
>then they kill her off again
I know the reasons why, but I don't like it.

with a dash of Yuri

where's his peanus weanus

Would Velvet have done the "oishikunare" (become tasty) spell for some food if Phi asked her to?

WWWTTTTTTTFFFFFF SPOILERS DUDE!!???!!? I'M AT THE FUCKING BEACH ISLAND YOU FUCK

The Palamides temple was noteworthy in terms of puzzling.

It's a throw back to Dhaos, not just Cruxis and Yggdrasil.

"Idk, lets kill God now."

-Every JRPG ever.

Velvet themes were amazing though, but yeah almost anything else sucked

>Mother 3 makes you fight god
>Mario and luigi makes you fight god
>Wild arms makes you fight god
>Dragon quest makes you fight god
>Lufia makes you fight god
>Star Ocean makes you fight god
>Souls makes you fight god

Try playing some real RPGs isntead of reading into stereotypes, racist fuck.

Sounds a lot like Satan to me, or at least some depictions. I feel like that kind of character makes a dope final boss.

>innominat
>God
More like the fifth wheel

>Symphoniafags screaming mithos

Typical.

I wanna honk this clown

>Harlequinn mage
>Clown

>liking any Dhaos besides Sweet Ass Robe Dhaos or Sweet Ass Robe Dhaos: Autistic Girl Edition
Nice try, hipster-wannabe.

Zesteria was better in everything but combat, and Berseria ruined Zesteria's story. Velvet being "lord of calamity" is such a fucking cop out.

>Wanabe hipster

Oh you want to fucking go mate? I'm the guy that rivals fucking legendiafag when it comes to Phantasia. worship

>Velvet being "lord of calamity" is such a fucking cop out.
How so?

>dyel arms and shoulders
>wide hips
for fucks sake, this is why no one takes weebshit seriously

Sounds like Griffith

>Those hips
>Wide

I don't think you've ever seen a real woman user.

>Zestiria was better

She's proof of the adage that many comedians are actually miserable when "off stage".

nice metroid decal

He's right though

(You) tried.

He was a whiny little fuckboy who was overcompensating for his crippling sister complex, how fucking bad is THIS guy?

Who wins 1v1, Yuri or Velvet?

It was. Better dungeons, signifigantly better music. The return to Light Vs dark hero Vs villain was refreshing after the convoluted tech-crap xillia was.

Berseria bugged me for many reasons, and the primary one was pacing. Unlike any other Tales game, Berseria had no form of pacing, it was all over the fucking place and the therions were a dumb goal point, because the plot remained msotly stagnant. It upsets me ebcause I had such high hopes too, but the story of velvet screaming at artorioas and doing stupid shit that jeopardizes the team constantly is just plain bad writing, and it made me despise her as a character. Hell, I ended up liking laphicet more, and I HATED laphicet. And that just leaves eizen, Rokuro, and magilou, who feel like tag ons that do virtually nothing at all for the sake of the story.

>ywn do stand-up with this

Yuri is one of the weakest MC so Velvet BY FAR.

They meant "I'm a creatively bankrupt JRPG and no one seems to give a shit so fuck it"

>Uhh you dont get to complain that your sister was killed by people who want you dead, lol just shake it off man, its not a big deal

>giving a flying fuck about a Tales story

Just pretend he is a punching bag to do your combo

Why would I not care about one of the only JRPGs that actually knows how to tell good stories? Fuck the combat. Tales could eb a visual novel for all I care. Last thing we need in our fanbase are platinum-tier fags who whine about combos

You're not really given anything to compare the two by.

wew forgot the link
youtu.be/M5JNqS2eiJo

The Heavenly Steppes dungeon did a lot to extend the play time. Grinding for those Void Scraps was fun for a while.

>goofjob
wut

>>Dragon quest makes you fight god

I know you can fight him as an optional boss in 7. He then joins the party

Fuck void scraps, FUCK THEM.

>Lufia makes you fight god

Isn't that pretty much what the Sinistrals are?

It's not so bad if you follow a few steps.

>the perk that gives you more of whatever you're wearing
>items and titles that increase drop rates
>dangerous encounters
>dark bottle
>hard or intense mode

>game has bosses
ugh grow up kid

It's like naizuri but she makes funny faces

>some games are now avoiding having final boss fights because it's "too video gamey"

In the Japanese version they're literally called Gods.
English called them Sinistrals to get around Nintendo censorship.

Personally I do prefer Sinistrals, makes them sound like some alien species.

mfw they made the monado look more retarded than the x-blade from KH

Wolf Knight Artorias is the best Artorias.

Star Ocean 3 actually does make you fight "god" though, or at least makes you fight the guy that literally created your entire universe.

I never really thought about the similarities between Mithos and Birdman before beyong the obvious similar costumes

>Mithos and Atorius both used to be idealist working to make the world better
>Both lose their most precious loved one. Mithos loses his sister to racist humans. Artorius loses his wife and child to muhlevolence beats (which we later fnd out is a curse created by racists seraphim)
>Both end up creating their own version of the church which acts as a cover for their real plan
>Both their plans involve turning everyone in the world into emotionless husks to end racism/muhlevolence
>Both are exactly the thing they claim they hate. Mithos fucking hates humans, Artorius is the most muhlevolent after Velvet
>Both are unrepentent after theyre defeated by the heroes

The only difference was that Mithos had his side plot to create a new body for his sister's soul while Artorius physically got his wife and son back almost immediately but rejected them as nothing more than tools

No shit. Baba has been trying to draw in symphonia fans to keep the series afloat. Its completely intentional.

Tales of games tend to have anti-hero antagonists. Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, Graces, Xillia, Zestiria, and Berseria all have villains that are either sympathetic or taking extreme actions that they believe is necessary to save the world.

Tales' battle system has always been the only reason to play the series. When it comes to story Tales has always been painfully generic and your standards are really bad if you consider it to be the only series that tells good stories.

Tales reuses tons of shit all the time, this shouldn't be surprising. They've used the "second world" plot twist like 3 or 4 times.

Tales main story is generally generic.
But the characters can get pretty detailed personalities and the conversations between them can be entertaining.
Few JRPGs flesh out their characters like Tales does.

What the FUCK was this guy's problem?

Hasn't Velvet suffered enough?

They never have "did-nothing-wrong" tier villains though, Gaius was the closest to having a better motivations than the protagonists.

He suffered more than Velvet, becoming god made him kind of crazy

Innominat is edgy

this was unironically a good twist

Literally Mithos and Zanza fused.

>mfw I literally don't remember anything about Xilia

Thats not a crime. Anything psot vesperia is pretty forgettable. I consider myself a die-hard tales fan, and replay the games more than most people play a single library, But even though I've played Graces 3 times, Xillia 2, and Xillia 2 4 times. I barely care to remember shit about the, They were wholey un-interesting and not worth revisitng again. Zesteria and Berseria were like a one-time play fodder. We haven't really had a decent game since Hearts (DS not that awful vita-report) Tales of is pretty much dead.

Pretty much everything Gaius did was done in the interest of his nation and not really out of any sort of evil intention at all

>had to think for a whole minute to remember who Gaius was

Has anyone made a virgin/chad meme with Emil and Lloyd? Seems like it would write itself

>holds sword backhand to hide his weak grip vs. holds two swords for double the power

Van in Abyss tried to genocide the whole world and then replace everyone with clones in order to rid the world of its dependence of the score

hearts r was good shut the fuck up faggot

>Emil
Who?

Man, Xillia had by far the most satisfying ending sequence to me. Everything about it was perfect and made me (temporarily) get over my shock at the game actually ending right after they introduced an entire extra continent/world.
>2v1ing Gaius
>Gaius and Muzet fucking up Maxwell
>Gaius going full super saiyan
>Jude finally fully resolving himself and finding what he wanted to do
>the way each of the four characters played off of each other and their narrative
>the music build up culminating right as the battle actually started
>that banter during the battle
>Gaius and Muzet actually using the same Link mechanic as you
The way your team mates showed up out of no where was the best fucking part of the whole thing though.
>getting my ass hammered and nearly die
>suddenly can't move as I get knocked down
>start mashing the sticks and buttons to try and get a response
>mfw Now, shall we begin?

wasn't it that she literally had her emotions broken?

Which is funny because all he did was written in the score and he just didn't read it right,

Mithos was bootleg Dhaos

>Jude finally fully resolving himself and finding what he wanted to do

I felt Jude's final payoff wasn't really strong enough to redeem him from that time when he was acting like a massive faggot and had Leia take a bullet for him

Dhaos was bootleg Bowser