How does Sup Forums combat dust? Do air purifiers work?

How does Sup Forums combat dust? Do air purifiers work?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dust-Off-Compressed-Duster-Pack-DPSXL/dp/B0025U3TQ0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1506131754&sr=8-8&keywords=compressed air can
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump for curiosity. I've been wondering if a dustrag + Pledge or something every 1-2 weeks was enough.

Plastic bag for controllers. Cardboard box for things not going to be used much for a bit. Don't leave the window open if you go out.

>Don't leave the window open if you go out.
Good point. Gotta remember to do that.

Microfiber cloths. Wipe twice a week, wash every two weeks, or every week if your apartment is super dusty. Also air purifiers do very little, a good fan and airflow is better as it stops dust from settling so much.

I swear I get more dust in the summer when the windows are closed than in the cooler months when I have them open. But I'm probably just not keeping track.

>plastic bag
>cardboard box
Sounds pretty ghetto; how well do those do for keeping dust off?

>in the summer when the windows are closed
>than in the cooler months when I have them open

Florida. It's opposite here. Windows are open most of winter.

>dustrag + Pledge or something every 1-2 weeks was enough.
just dust cloth once a week

>Turn on the ceiling light instead of only my closet light for once
>mfw all the dust surrounding me

Okay it's time to go into overdrive and Mexican maid this shit away.

Pretty good. Box is only for shit that's not going to be used for a few weeks. Could use cloth bag but plastic gets the job done. Got one of those cloths ment for cleaning glasses if I forget to put controllers in the bag or if the cable is dusty.

Anyone got one of these? I'd wipe my stuff but I got insane dust under my bed and on the desks. Doesn't help that my furniture is black..

Just clean every single day
That's what I do

These things can literally fucking explode. Not sure if it's every brand but i'd steer clear faggola

Clean the filter sheet or whatever each week. These machines don't catch everything but can make cleaning easier or less frequent. Spend a day dusting and washing your floor and desk and take your electronics outside and spray them for dust.

A tube of pledge wipes are cheap as fuck and if you wipe down your whole house/room/apartment every week there is no dust buildup. Takes like 20 minutes max to wipe down everything you just have to do it

>leaving his windows open when the air conditioning is on

you fucking retard

>don't leave the window open if you go out
ohh shit. you may have just solved my problems. the ther soulution would be to just not stay in my room for 8 hours at a time.

>These things can literally fucking explode
The fuck. Source? I've read reviews of that particular one and it's all good.

I can do that but I just hate cleaning the hard to reach/annoying places. Under the desk, behind the desktop where all the cables are and shit.

All you guys cleaning, what the fuck.

Prevention lets you be lazy. I chuck all my controllers in a plastic tub I bought at a dollar store. For consoles I got some nicely sized white squares of cloth, and when I'm not playing I simply leave leave them all covered. Everything stays immaculate like this.

I like my place to look like an adult lives there, not an autistic man child.

It isn't easy or quick to do. If you have time move your desk and take everything off it then clean it and the floor. Might be able to place it in a way to help with the cable soup or be easier to clean without moving. Cable ties might be useful depending on how much you have going on.

dust your walls
vacuum your floors

but why hide it? just be yourself.

So you have visible consoles everywhere? If you wanted to insult me you should've said you didn't want your room to look like a vacant 19th century house

I have a PC+Monitor, PS4 and tower speakers all plugged in to an outlet extender so a ton of dust/dust bunnies attach to the cables behind the desk. Cable ties are probably necessary. I'll pull the trigger on the Honeywell air purifier since I'm reading mostly positive reviews of it. See how much difference it makes in a week or two. Thanks user.

>used to have a metric fuckton of dust in my room at all times of the day, even after cleaning it
>it would stack up within minutes after cleaning it and I'd be able to draw in the shit if I wanted to after a few days
>get carpet pulled up and wood flooring put down
>suddenly no dust anywhere except around the litter box
I don't know why everyone copied that fat idiot Elvis and carpeted their entire house after the 70s. That shit stunk the whole street up outside before waste management took it away, too.

Carpet is actually better for dust than hardwood if you keep it clean.

Okay so great your controllers don't get dusty but you don't care about anything else in your house? lol

But hardwood is easier to clean than carpet so what the fucks the point, take your semantics elsewhere

>a material that's composed of fabric threads is somehow better than wood
I can't even begin to tell you how stupid you are, but I will tell your dumbass that I vacuumed my carpet twice a week and had it professionally cleaned twice a year. Dust levels with carpet were nearly out of control and now it's nearly spotless.

You can still clean, duh. But you don't waste time dusting the things you care about. And some electronics are a real pain to dust, the OG Xbox springs to mind.

>hardwood
>run a dust mop over it lickity split every two or three days
>carpet
>vacuum the shit out of it and steam clean occasionally and god help you if you spill some shit
carpets were a complete fucking mistake. also if there's a spider on your floor then you'll never see the fucker, it aint me down there.

>get compressed air can
>spray can at xbox
>????
>profit

>it ain't me down there

t. spider

How stupid do you have to be to think leaving the window open creates dust?

It's fucking dead skin flaking off your shut-in body you idiots.

Come on user you're not really this dense are you? You think ALL that dust comes off you? You don't think dirt could make dust? Or sand? Come the fuck on user think before you post this is downright embarrassing

>dust doesn't exist outdoors
Retards at 11

>You think ALL that dust comes off you?

Did I say all?

>????
>profit

amazon.com/Dust-Off-Compressed-Duster-Pack-DPSXL/dp/B0025U3TQ0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1506131754&sr=8-8&keywords=compressed air can

You'll need to explain how I can profit after blowing $8 on air.

My PC sucks it all into my screens, and then I take them out and clean them every once in a while.

Swiffer dust wipes works well on high gloss plastic open a window and sweep up but you should be doing that anyway

Maybe I shouldn't have used such an old meme youngun

cardboard boxes are strictly forbidden in network/server equipment environments because they are a source of dust

the layer of dust tells me which purchases i should be remorseful/regretful about

like the psvita

no wonder my room is in a dust smog

That makes sense. Boxes take water damage and wear pretty quick. Might go get a plastic tub this weekend.

My Xbone doesn't even want to stay on for 10 seconds and I'm sure it's the dust buildup inside it but don't have the tools and money to take it all the way apart so I've been trying to use a hairdryer to blow the dust out.

I put a decorative table cloths on top of my ps3/ps4, but I make sure the vents aren't covered. Every week I just put it with the laundry.

a thin bedsheet on top of my stuff when not in use. looks lame but i'm not in my room all day

The oak pollen down here in Florida is abysmally bad. Forget about washing your car for the first half of the year, because in a few hours it will be fucking coated in yellow pollen dust any-fucking-way. Or it will rain.

Clean your room on a daily basis, cover your stuff with plastic during night and while you're not at home, especially TVs and monitors.
Dust is only a problem if you're a lazy fuck, there are no magic solutions.

No joke I am SO FUCKING DISGUSTED AND MAD RIGHT NOW at the carpet in my bedroom and I want to rip it out and replace it with wood but it's such a pain in the ass. I have a carpet beetle infestation in this carpet and it grosses me out to no end. They huddle around heat sources, namely power sockets and power strips. The babies are these little larvae worms that burrow into the carpet and are impossible to find or vaccuum up. I've used the handheld suction attachment manually many many times with a brand new HEPA filtered vacuum and they still keep coming. It's like the eggs are deep in or under the carpet and there's no stopping. One female can lay hundreds of eggs in her lifespan. And I swear to god it's like they don't require males to breed that's how fucking bad this shit is.

>washable filter
ok as a fan that gets rid of some of the dust, but not actually an air purifier. Get something with an actual filter if you want to breath better (and not cough out of nowhere due to nasal drip or something like in my case).

holy fuck that's disgusting
how much does it cost to rip your carpet out and replace it

Vacuum and dust your surfaces every now and then. When I was a bachelor I would do that once every ten days or so and it never got out of hand and a pain in the ass to clean. Get some air canisters and rubbing alcohol as well, really helps to wipe down your controllers/keyboard and mouse.

Protip: Buy a $100 Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner. You need a vacuum and not a sweeper. It will suck them and their eggs out of the carpeting.

Cost me $8k to rip my carpet up and have WPC vinyl put in. Probably overpriced as fuck, but the people we had do it are the only semi-decent people in a 50 mile radius. The rest are price gouging bastards with bumblefuck workers who will destroy your home.

Buying a console with games.

Depending on how much money you want to spend. Stanley Steamer is pretty hardcore. They come in with an enormous firehose and pump hot water through your carpet. The floor is still burning hot hours after they leave.

>doing woman's work
lmao fucking beta nu-male

>cough out of nowhere due to nasal drip
Holy shit I've had this problem for like two years now. It's annoying since it's spontaneous as fuck and I was worried I had lung cancer or something.

I feel like the washable filter would work if it's cleaned regularly. I don't wanna spend the extra money on another filter especially after paying for the furnace air filter as well.

>bachelor keeping up maintenance like a true All-American
he's what every man aspires to be

It's a Russian shitposter, user. You can't expect them to understand what it means to be an All-American.

nah, real men get others to do paltry tasks like that for them.

>russian
yeah since my postID and flag are from russia right? get lost, Sup Forums is for Americans only you third world cuckold

>living in a pig sty
Stay beta, I'm sure all the anime pillows you bring home don't mind but a real woman doesn't want to stay in your dusty and dirty ass shit, little bitch boi.

As you get older, you will realize the massive drop in quality from doing that. You cut corners by relying on others, while they cut corners to maximize profits.

>"Mom, can you clean my room! Fuck just do it!"
Pathetic, I hope the GBP to dollar conversion rate stays high so you can buy some febreeze for your stanky ass shit, NEETboi.

>pig sty
it's funny that you jumped to that conclusion and completely glossing over the part where I have someone to clean for me. I shouldn't have expected an iota of intelligence from a beta orbiter.

I have a cheapo leaf blower from bunnings, I take my case out to the garage, plug in an extension cord switched off(to ground the case) and let her rip.

Beats paying for compressed air or being autistic with Q tips and rubbing alcohol.

Do this

>I have someone to clean for me
Hope you at least give grandma a hug when she comes down to your mancave, my man.

>Holy shit I've had this problem for like two years now.
i dunno how effective your furnace air filter is so maybe that's good enough for you, but i'd still recommend you try out a true HEPA air purifier since a washable filter is just not going to get everything.

i'm a frugal person too so I just vacuum the pre-filter since that's just for odours and to keep dust out of the HEPA filter. The HEPA filter only needs to be replaced once a year (~$40 depending on size). I'm sure there are more economical options outside of Honeywell too. I just use the tiny air purifier since I really only need it in my bedroom. I know the larger Honeywell air purifiers just use up the same HEPA filter but 2 or 3 at once. Regardless, I don't think this is something you should skimp out on.

other options would be supplements or whatever. I think my pharmacy recommended biotin or vitamin C in general, but I haven't gotten to trying that out yet. I probably should because I just go back to coughing if I've been out of the house for awhile.

>implying any of my family members are alive
I have a maid that works for free or I will report her to ICE

Better question: How do you prevent micro-scratches from dust on consoles with shiny/glossy plastic surface.

compressed air instead of wiping

compressed air for everything electronics really

alright well played, hope you offer her a fiver for a blowey too user.

Appreciate the advice m8. I'm gonna have to experiment with both to see their effectiveness. Counting on Walmart's return policy.

>this is the self purported "alpha-male"

>being sexually involved with 3DPD in any capacity
>being sexually involved with mudblood 3DPD in any capacity
Go away normalfag.

Chad Hardwood > virign soft carpet

good lord you are saltier than mcdonalds fries

>it's a "oh look, the thread topic is only tangentially related to vidya, so let's shitpost and bait the fuck out of it and get some sweet sweet (You)s" episode

>not having Yous disabled with CSS years ago because they are no different from reddit upvotes
Lurk moar newfag.

I have a really nice like $180 vacuum. It's just that these things are so small and so spread out not to mention they're probably under the fucking carpet anyway. I truly feel the only solution to removing them is to gut the entire carpet and nuke the whole room.

What worries me the most is that they might have infested packaging and other carry away things like furniture. I used to keep my old motherboard and CPU in their sealed box under my bed. I pulled it out one day to give it to my brother, and inside I found about 5 or 6 shell casings from when the little fuckers were inside, molted, and left. Who knows what else they got into and if they have eggs in them too. This shit is enough to make me go insane. I feel like the only true solution is to throw 100% everything out, demo the entire house and start from scratch.

Do not get bug infestations anons. This shit WILL make you go insane.

yeah. Air cleaners work great. Makes some good white noise as well

I just put a garbage bag over my tower when not in use lmao

>that side intake and front grille pattern
That's a HAF X isn't it.

Without buying the rest of the tool, I buy these dry cloth things that use static or some shit to pick up all sorts of dust, hair, etc.

Then I use a rag with a disinfectant spray because I'm germaphobic.

I used to do this once a day and things were dust free for the most part. But now I do it every one or two weeks.

I hear those air purifiers dry out the air in your place. People who have them complain about sore throats/dry mouths in the morning.

solution: get a humidifier too
the sounds it makes while you're trying to sleep? like asmr

>ASMR
that's actual autism, user. i'm sorry.

They are just tiny fans in reverse. They suck air and blast it through a thin filter. Eventually the filter becomes clogged and the fan keeps pushing air through the filthy thing. Unless you are constantly changing the filter, it's putting out as much garbage as it is supposed to prevent.