youtube.com/watch?v=Vrx1sZYgp7E
youtube.com/watch?v=J5XZzTq_gzI
youtube.com/watch?v=tZyZIZ1MfuM
youtube.com/watch?v=UjFL1g09558
youtube.com/watch?v=8PflC61uktU
youtube.com/watch?v=rG2ikOeXkyU
youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaj3VGJ2A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IV is an ugly unbalanced mess. Haven't even played Final yet.

shit "dungeon" design

nothing

How do we go from this
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=s64FSgwez5g

>Haven't even played Final yet.
Same, did they fix the overworld?

holy shit I don't want Apocalypse now

yes, Tokyo isn't a maze anymore

this is my main problem with SMT IV in general, does Nocturne have better dungeons?

Every Atlus game has better dungeons than IV except for Persona 3 and 4

>does Nocturne have better dungeons?
yes, the early ones aren't great but they get better and the optional kalpa dungeons are fantastic

The Diet Building is still my favorite SMT dungeon.
>All those illusions and mirrors

>play SMTIV
>get all 4 endings and even hunt some fiends
>play IV:A
>stuck right after killing friends because I'm not that much into it
It's been months since I left it there and haven't continued.

After that there's a retardedly huge dungeon. The final boss is fun though
Also Krishna Boogaloo is a pain in the ass without friends

The Tokyo overworld theme is better in Apocalypse.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc5rboSunV0

Apocalypse killed my hype for the next SMT game. Atleast it won't be in the shitDS so maybe it won't be an eyesore

IVA added worse characters but everything else was significantly better.

Curious, but why do people like IV:A more than IV?

It's on the 3DS

waifus

IV's OST was better.
youtube.com/watch?v=eHyf8fHloow
youtube.com/watch?v=EcZHm4VllDs
youtube.com/watch?v=Vrx1sZYgp7E

holy shit you're not helping
they also nerfed the hunter's association theme iirc

Both are almost the same anyways, and IV:A's addition are great
youtube.com/watch?v=tZyZIZ1MfuM

youtube.com/watch?v=UjFL1g09558

Better gameplay

Not enough friends to kill

youtube.com/watch?v=8PflC61uktU

Nothing. Final fixed every gameplay problem from IV. And even has the same GOAT ost with some new tracks. IF definitely has superior atmosphere but isn't a large detriment.

Combat, dungeons, negotiations, fusion, whatever else gameplay improvements had to offer.

IV's bar theme is too lewd for a 15 year old protagonist and heroine
youtube.com/watch?v=rG2ikOeXkyU

You forgot the biggest thing Apocalypse fixed as it was borderline broken in IV.

how was smirk fixed, just curious

I thought 4 was a really fun game, but it had so many story ideas that were kinda halfbaked and never really seemed to "get there." It was still great though, IMO. Exploring Tokyo was cool, and the sidequests were generally entertaining as far as I remember. Wouldn't mind replaying it, but I haven't played 4A yet, so maybe I should just play that instead.

That falls under combat.

It no longer gives you 100% evasion. Instead it only prevent weakness effect (example: if you are weak to fire, smirking and get hit by Agi, ther will be no bonus damage and press turn, but you still take the normal damage)

I've never really seen people say why exactly 4A is "better." Having never played it myself, it just looks like more of the exact same. Honestly I thought 4's atmosphere was top notch, and I think it'd be really hard to beat it.

In addition to what the other user said, you also have more control over it. You can remove smirk on enemy demons and add smirk more easily than before.

you know, I never strategized around having smirk during the enemy turn. mostly I would attack 8 times (gaining a smirk and then using it in the same turn)
was the trick to get leave 2 characters smirking and then alternate or what

Persona 5 doesn't

>2d SMT despite previous games in 3d

I refuse to play mobile shit in modern times

Very true.

what are you even talking about? the game is in 3D

4A improves on
>combat
>fusion affinities so you don't have Jack Frost with Agi
>difficulty curve isn't retarded
>best dad, cool villains
And they went 10 steps backwards on the fucking cast and alignments. Bonds ending is so conventionally happy it makes IV's neutral end looks like Blasted Tokyo

probably crying about the battle screen.

oh, that's silly

SMT IV has a sick 90s anime feel to it. The OST is really good.
I'm guessing he means the battles and interactions with characters in rooms that are just 2D sprites. Kind of a sad thing to complain about though.

Don't mind me, just being the bast combat system.

>Apocalypse's cast is bad meme

Got all four ending, beat dlc bosses, and finished the compendium in IV. Didn't even finish IVA once. Couldn't stand the characters even though the gameplay was improved.

2D is better than 3D because battles go much faster. I hope the Switch game has 1st person dungeon crawling and 3rd person for the normalfags.

>I'll follow you no matter what you choose
>wtf dude you can't kill your friends

>I hope the Switch game has 1st person dungeon crawling
this would be the best but it will never happen

You want an option of first or third person is what you're saying? How would it work?

>First person dungeon crawling has never happened on a Nintendo console befor-

The UI is great though. It's fast and convey enough information without unnecessary clutter

it took five years to reset after you die

He never said that. Atlus won't make the game with all the pretty HD models a first person dungeon crawler though.

why does nobody mention the tediousness of just going through apocalypse?

80% of the game is rehashed enviornments, not even an over exaduration.
forced sections with narvaere's dagger along with unskippable cutscenes.
at least 4 unwinnable fights.
having the fight a handful of bosses multiple times with unwinnable battles (divine powers(doing you a favor counting them as 1), shesha, and adramelch)

Nocturne has 1st person mode on NG+ I think

>exaduration

>3D, HD models and backgrounds presented in a 2D fashion, Etrian Odyssey style

Nocturne port to Switch when?

I feel that they'll keep SMT in 3rd person and maybe try to bring Etrian Odyssey over for the first person DRPG fans.

This is the real jam

Fuck you, i enjoyed watching my characters animations and spamming Gaea Rage.

They got their fucking priorities wrong making the open world 3d instead.

Games should NEVER downgrade in later sequels technically.

I like Final more. It's fun. The cast is retarded and pretty much all share the same views by the midgame, but the issue is largely that they never shut up. They're always around you and always going on and on about shit. The only respite you get is when the Divine Powers are around, or when Dagda decides to say a few words deriding all the help your friends have given you. The world also feels smaller than in IV but that's because not only have you largely gone through it before but there's just no reason to wander around and explore it. Everything else about Final I liked more.

It's done in half a year, of course there's rehashes
Unwinnable battles are shit though. At least the DP has a damn good talk and battle theme

I dunno if I hate Apocalypse for ruining a decent side character from the first game, or like it because you can resurrect her into a brainwashed fuckdoll for all eternity.

>2D is better than 3D because battles go much faster

But that means they only need to make animations not that long, do you think people complain Persona 5 animations take long or the battles take forever? Your argument is fucking outdated since that ain't a problem nowadays.

Nothing they were great only a bit easy.

>that's nozomi
wtf

Because the old Boss theme also gets playing in Apocalypse?

Should have said "I'll love you no matter what you choose" because that's what actually happens. All well, proved Dagda was right and Asahi was better after all.

3D battles were just used to lure in retards too young to enjoy 2D combat, they're functionally the same thing but the former means significantly fewer demons.

Luckily an option still exists for easily impressed feebs like you, the modern Persona games are right up your alley.

This only happened because of nintendo's dual screens. That's why they never ported these games on PSP/Vita.

They won't do this shit on the switch

>implying that SMT IV was only "a bit easy"

Are you kidding? Minotaur wasn't even that hard and the difficulty throws itself off a god damn cliff after you beat him. Nearly every single boss after him can be zerged down in the blink of an eye by nuking weaknesses.

Step aside for the real boss theme in Apocalypse.

youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaj3VGJ2A

>Fuck you, i enjoyed watching my characters animations and spamming Gaea Rage.
that shit gets old as hell, dude

Having a supporting cast

What's the point? It's a fine option but it's not like the game will actually play like the old first person crawlers.

Always enjoyed the freikugel animation.

Best girl.

Only that one time against Medusa if I remember. That was a nice fight
I just want Minotaur back though. He was a cool dude despite his dumb Labrys Strike

yup thats smt/persona games

Persona 5 was still pretty slow for me. Not only that but by trying to make it faster they ruined the whole aspect of Persona, the fucking Personas. You barely see them and there wasn't a lot of them in general despite the large gap between 4 and 5.

*blocks your path*

What is this trying to prove? Portable games are automatically worse than console ones?

>Dicking around doing nothing while fairies get ravaged.
>Snitches on Nanashi even though she does literally the exact same thing with Dagda's mom.
>Attack skills are useless 99% of the time.

She's mildly useful for *record scratch*'s battle but probably not even the best option there.

>SMT
>flagship

>they're functionally the same thing but the former means significantly fewer de

Go suck dick, i want to see my character actually pull of the different attacks he does instead of the same damn sprite image. 3d and 3d changes nothing about the difficulty you dumb fuck and there is no excuse now since they already have the 3d demons worked on from P5 to rehash.

Megami Tensei is the flagship, silly boy

graphicsfagging is the most shallow way to engage with a game

it builds off the already pretty good battle system (except making things a little slower for some reason, but its not that bad)
you can choose your ally
actual dungeon design
difficulty doesn't plateau after the 2nd boss

>that shit gets old as hell, dude
Could say about the 2d animation in the 3ds smt games, atleast in 3d you get different animations for different attacks

>MT3 never ever

Since IV:A/F trashed *record scratch*'s system, will they try something else for V?

I think the point is is that Persona is on a console with ten times the presentation values while SMT is relegated to two 240p screens.

the animations go faster in 2D so they aren't really an issue

dumb ass, he's implying that it'll get old no matter what, so 2d is superior because it's quick and snappy.
>at least in 3d you get more animations to get bored watching
missed the point entirely

I don't see what your point is other than nitpicking over nothing.

and my point is that it doesn't matter to people with tastes. SMTIV has a lot of problems but none of them have to do with the game being on 3DS or having 2D battles.