They made all the koopa troopas the same in the mario rpg remake

they made all the koopa troopas the same in the mario rpg remake

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TNIY2Z5T8Jc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

same thing for the toads.
Not a big deal, but disappointing nonetheless

it is a big deal
nintendo is losing its mind and taking it out on the consumer by trying to ruin everything

>remake paper mario
>all the toads are regular toads
it's a big fat deal
such poor attention to detail reeks of romhack-tier quality

So? They still kept most of the unique designs.
I don't get this argument: didn't people like this series for more than the characters?

nintendo fucks up every remake they do

>Mario spinoffs are getting more safe
>mainline Mario games are getting more creative
What's going on?

>didn't people like this series for more than the characters?
Of course, but how does that excuse Nintendo fucking up the characters? It doesn't.

>mainline Mario games sell okay
>spinoffs sell more
>force limited creativity on spinoffs
>spinoffs stop selling as much
>go off the rails with fun and interesting stuff in the mainline games
>

The remake was okay, the only way it was worse was a slight reduction in charm and the awful controls

It's not really fucking up the characters. Generic koopas don't suddenly become unique just because you put some clothing on them. They're just generic koopas with clothes

>actually defending Nintendo being lazy with the remake by not giving everyone proper designs

I hope they bar Miyamoto from touching any future Mario game beyond seeing the final product.

Same thing happened in the past 2 paper mario games because Miyamoto won't let them be creative and create new character designs for some fucking reason. Even though it seems minor, part of the enjoyment of the Mario RPG games is stuff like this, expanding on the Mario universe.

>ports are getting more lazy
>mainline mario is getting more bland and generic
I seriously don't see what people see in oddesey. most of the assets look like they were bought online from amateurs. That snow level is so unbelievably generic I honestly can't believe its still mario

>because Miyamoto won't let them be creative and create new character designs for some fucking reason.
Gonna stop you right there. Miyamoto simply told the staff that he didn't like how out there Super was, so they should dial the originality back.
He did NOT, however, suggest the generic shit. That was Tanabe.

You and I seem to be in the minority in thinking that

This. The only appealing thing about Odyssey is the possession mechanic

We've seem like ten seconds of it.

Where have you been? There's a ton of gameplay available online for viewing

>every remake
Mario got the short end of the re-make stick. Shadows of Valentia and Samus Returns are both good and Twilight Princess HD was surprisingly pretty. A botched/uninspired remake couldn't have happened to a better game though, Superstar Saga is easily a top 10 game for me.

Theyre remaking Mario RPG?

MM and OOT remakes are notoriously bad

Source? Every where I looked said Miyamoto asked if they could make a game using only pre-existing Mario characters. Miyamoto also was the one who said to strip out story and RPG elements since it was too similar to TTYD. Not to say Tanabe isn't to blame though, he's the one who went forward with these decisions and whatnot. Miyomoto did influence them though, he isn't completely blameless.

from top to bottom
>remake is better
>original is better
>original is better (since remake looks lit up like a dutch brothel)
>remake is better
>remake is better

All i see are improvements
Get your head out of your nostalgia riddled ass

The remake looks better except for the moon

Piece of shit soul-less plastic rehash only modern nu-nintendo fanboys will waste money on.

>koopa the quick in the remake looks exactly what the original was trying to go for
i don't know what you were expecting someone called "koopa the quick" to look like.

besides, his original N64 model leaves a bit to be desired.

>being this fucking assblasted

You've convinced me to buy it. When's the release date anyway?

Of the snow level?

Removing the Sonic eyes from Koopas really made them fucking ugly. See PM64 and TTYD, also.

The atmosphere was totally destroyed in favout for cheap looking modern looking bright colours, Nu nintendo fanbosy really have no fuckin taste at all, they are fuckin literal babies.

Only of the Hat Kingdom, Luncheon Kingdom, and Seaside Kingdom.

>im easily impressed by over saturated colors

>I hope they bar Miyamoto

i don't think getting him drunk will help at all

>implying i give a shit about modern nintenbro
They found the right demographic long ago, retards with no standards, go waste money on amiibos or whatever, i game on PC and old consoles since long ago.

that's a strange way to spell original

>they're clearly showing off the bad stuff
>the good content is the stuff they haven't shown off yet!
I don't think that's how marketing works, user
You show your best shit

October 6? Thanks bro, I'll check it out.

I'm just telling you they've barely shown off the snow level when you said there was tons of footage of it your fucking retard.

I didn't say that. I just told you what they showed. Because that's what they showed. I'm sure they'll show the snow kingdom eventually. It's all about pacing.

Ah, I was speaking in general how there's a good amount of footage of the game out.
Not specifically of the snow level
That was some other user.

>i love technical limitations that hinder visuals
Remakes are literal improvements on everything from the original

>nu-nintendo
Your cringe buzzwords are never going to catch on, pokebarneyfag

>reply to posts without reading what they're even talking about

Of course they reused sprites when they could. It seems like a stopgap game before they're forced to work on Switch titles.

Nigga, did you play Samus Returns? The Queen Metroid isn't a boring piece of shit for one.

>Muh rainbow stairs

Should have expected this.

Nu-nintendo didn't make Metroid, it's a Spanish studio with actually talented people with passion for their work.

>MercurySteam
>Talented

That's a good joke, my friend. It would have been a pile of shit without proper direction.

The brighter colors make sense when you keep in mind that it's on a portable system with a small screen. You saw the same shit going on with GBA ports. It's not nearly as noticeable when you're playing on the actual system it's designed for.

In fact I'm pretty sure this shit was done to alleviate the double image shit that was going on in OoT 3D due to 3D kind of getting fucked when the saturation isn't uniform.

>literal improvements on everything
i honesty pity people like you

The third party developers are terrible.Expect Metroid Prime 4 to be shit

>flat 2D texture for an enemy is better than a fully rendered 3D model

>Getting mad at someone's preferences
Are you a scrawny white guy?

You wouldn't care if scuttlebug didn't become a meme because of pannenkoek. In fact, you'd probably like the new scuttlebug more if he did his parallel world shit on a DS64 version.

Go look at how fucking saturated most GBA games are.

Remember what SMB2 looked like? It was bright for sure, but nothing like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=TNIY2Z5T8Jc

This is to help make things easier to see on a tiny screen.

Never seen that dude's videos outside of a webm of getting red coins on the first level super fast. Popping into this thread to say the left absolutely looks better.

I'm not autistic, what's wrong?

I think the old design has some amount of charm to it, but it is lazy as fuck. They just took some abstract texture, slapped it on a circle and put googly eyes and legs on it.

the worse evil of the GBA ports (including Mario World, LttP) was inserting sound bytes for whenever you did anything, at all

True that. I don't think increasing the color saturation is an inherently bad thing anyway. It often looks worse when blown up and compared side by side, sure, but it ends up being better for when you're actually playing it as intended, on a fairly small screen.

For some reason the mainline games ironically seem to dodge a lot of Nintendos more controversial decisions.

>Censors everything.
>Turns Great Fairies into prostitute jokes.

Why does Nintendo homogenize everything they remake? Is it just out of laziness?

Fuck, just give me something a little unique for once. I'm tired of seeing the same goddamn toad/goomba/bullet/koopa in every goddamn game.

Remake looks better, deal with it.

clearly you are brianwashed by pannacock if you care that much about him

only if you have autism would this be a big deal

You should see romhacks these days, they pay far more respect to the source material than nintendo

you're right

It's literally cost cutting

Nintendo being cheap and using one generic template instead of paying artists a stupidly small amount to polish up their games.

Look at that water, boys.

>I seriously don't see what people see in oddesey

>first 3D Mario to play like 64/Sunshine in a long time
>chock full of new gameplay elements and throwbacks to older and obscure Mario games and appearances
>great OST
>capture mechanic has tons of possibilities
>it's all portable
I can understand not being interested in the snow kingdom but we haven't seen very much of it and it'll likely stay that way until launch