Xenoblade 2 thread

Xenoblade 2 thread

Excited for Xenoblade 2? Got the CE version? Pro controller? Hope/Fear?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/911123680733806592
youtube.com/watch?v=z3Ef1WhfBzo
youtube.com/watch?v=dyGFyl7NMdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just want a story that

y'know.

Ends.

Never played XC or XCX, though I'm really hyped or Xenoblade 2 because I've always wanted to play the original and they helped develop BOTW. Going to get the special edition if I can.

Will this game have unique worlds?

>Excited?
YES
>Preordered CE?
YES
>Hope/fear
I hope that the story is as good if not better than Xenoblade 1. My fear is that the story will end on a cliffhanger and, like all of Takahashi's multi-part stories, never get completed.

Overall, looking forward to it. I was a bit turned off from the gacha-blade mechanic, but fuck it, besides, weapon switching sounds like fun. Hope Nia and Tora can do that as well.

The first game's story did end, though.

I really want the pro controller but it's not on amazon and sold out on gamestop

I just want a Gramps pushy!

What do you guys think of this guy?

I'll save judgement for the 3D model. Not a big fan, though.

How much does this resemble WRPGs?

I haven't been following this too closely besides the trailers, will I have to import if I want Japanese UI + dialog, or will it work like it did with BotW?

No one knows.

since this is a sequel it clearly didnt.

We've seen Nia do it. Tora will probably switch between different Poppis.

We've seen the 3D model, though.

twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/911123680733806592

Do you think every Final Fantasy is part of the same story, too?

>“It’s a completely different world, with completely new characters. It’s a different game.”

>“The way I see it. I feel as though Xenoblade 1 and 2 are connected and linked in the sense that they’re linear and story-driven games, whereas Xenoblade Chronicles X was more focused on open world and exploration, and maybe an online aspect. I feel like I’d like to continue to create games separating those two aspects out.”

Off work and back home just in time for the nightly Xenoblade thread.

Who /chillin'tillJapanTime/ here?

I hope the tits are fat

>expecting Japan Time on weekends
user...

>pushy
Did you misspell that again or is this something I've never heard of?

Preordered the pro controller today. Pretty hyped

Don't know but it was my phone that did it.

I want to get this game, but I have no motivation to finish Xenoblade. Do I purchase or wait?

Did they ever drop a schedule? I don't think we have any reason to doubt it's coming until it doesn't.

did u draw this user? it's cute

No, but they started doing these daily tweets last week and stopped for the weekend. These kinds of daily updates barely ever happen on weekends; the ARMS twitter also took most of them off.

Nah, drawthread delivery some other user got. I can't draw for shit.

I can't be havin' this shit. I need something to help me get through the long weekend work days.

How will the gacha system work for duplicate Blades? Or are you always guaranteed to get a new one every time.

>How to trigger the Xenoblade fandom

>YOOOOOOOO intensifies

>how to trigger the xeno fandom

>Hopes
A lot. I think the game will be great. I loved both XC and XCX so I don't expect this to let me down either

>Fears
Enemies look like pretty big damage sponges. I know "BUT A NINTENDO REP SAID THEY BOOSTED UP THE HP LEVELS" but that's been an excuse for shit countless times that turned out to be false. The enemies we saw in the direct were also pretty big damage sponges, though they might have just been bosses

Also the gacha system. Either they put a lot of thought into this system and it will be balanced even though it's random, or they'll have put it in as a cheap effort to pull you into the game and it'll be mediocre. I'm hoping you can't just randomly pull out any blade from level 1 and that the pool you can randomly pull from opens up as the game goes on.

A part of me remains hopeful that one day Takahashi would get to finish Xenogears

the story themes have most likely been integrated into different games at this point

Select your characters!

Nia, Train-chan and Pirate.

Tora, Train-chan, and Vandham.

Hopefully you can mix and match characters instead of having to always have Rex in the party like how you always needed to have Shulk in the party for visions, monado arts, and mechon fights

Not the Pro controller. It feels weird wasting what could be another game for a single controller, but if it doesn't sell out I'll buy it.
The combat is like a MMO if it counts for anything

Melia still isn't happy. Her man got taken.

>shulk in the party for visions

no you don't, you don't need him in your party for mechons either after the first 1/3 of the game outside a few fights

pirate
Vandam
Nia or train conductor

Shulk is so boring to play after a few hours, Reyn is way more fun and effective under player control

>Really want the pro controller
>Best Buy and Amazon are sold out of it

Is there any place to buy this shit that won't cost me more than it's already ridiculous price?

Accent's I heard so far

Northern British (Yorkshire) (rex's voice)
Canadian
Scottish (train chan)
Australian (that dude with the pompadour)
American (pyra and that smug looking fuck)
Welsh (Nia's voice)

Anything I missed?

I have a love/hate relationship with the last two games, so I'm not sure if I'll buy a Switch just for this one. So far this looks like the first Xenoblade with better environments and better combat but with much worse characters

>Canadian

Same here. Feels bad man. So far I have a limited edition controller for my ps4 and xb1, I want one for the switch as well. Fucking cunts, make more.

>
>CE version
Nah. Not a fan of spending 40 bucks for an artbook.

Who is canadian?

Xenosaga covers the pre-Eldridge stuff to some extent (discovery of the Zohar, interstellar war, origins of Deus etc.)
Pretty much all of that is accounted for (except for part 6)

What I meant by visions was arts like speed, armour, shield that can save characters being stuck to Shulk. The Monado having cool powers is great and all but it being exclusive to Shulk and only Shulk limited your party choices alot. A fix to this would be if other characters had special skills that could replace Monado arts, but there's none. Also, 1/3 of the game is still a lot of time to be stuck playing as one party member.

Just go to an actual gamestop store. You can preorder it there.

Ima do that tomorrow then.

In terms of the world? Not at all.

Train
Train
Train

Thats what Im trying to find out, it's the only one I can't put my finger on it.

If they say "eh" at the end of their sentences, they're probably Canadian. What's so hard about that?

All the English accents other than Rex's, like Dromarch's RP or whatever Azurda and Bana are talking in.

Dromarch is posh

Azurda is most likely Received Pronunciation

RP is pretty posh.

Ah, one Google search later and TIL what Upper Received Pronunciation is.

Im still trying to figure out who's the fucking Canadian, also I swear XC made me addicted to bong voices even though im a american.

I must have autism

What piece of dialogue are you referring to in particular?

Nah, that's pretty common. To the point that they used it as a selling point for the N3DS port and it's probably the only reason NoE got put in charge of this one.

>There hasn't been a dog race in any Xeno game
Takahashi confirmed cat person?

ANSWER ME

>At least 6 titans all with a different biome and look
So yes

At least 8 probably.

Tora, Train, Nia.

Anything's better than NoA at this point.

Does Torna even have a Titan?

They've got a bitchin' sub.

I'm pretty sure I saw the whale that's been in some art swimming around when they started talking about Torna.

>Excited for Xenoblade 2?
To the max. I haven't been this confident for a game for sometime.

>Got the CE version? Pro controller?
Yeah boy. Feels disgusting since I already have a pro controller, but fuck it.

>Hope/Fear?
Only hope the side quests aren't ass like XC1.

Anyone else feels like Hikari will be Pyra's replacement when she inevitably rips Rex's poor little heart right out of his chest and stab him in the back half way through the game? youtube.com/watch?v=z3Ef1WhfBzo

I imagine the unique Blades will be 1-time drops whereas the more generic blades will be randomly generated.

>September direct says that the theocracy has control over militasry affairs

Who else got Xenogears vibes from this?

I hope not.
Red heads > blondes

>Pyra betrays Rex
>Hikari is the rebound bitch
>the second half is a revenge story
It would certainly add some spice to the whole "boy meets girl" thing.

If NoA wanted to run the localization for this, they would be. The fact that they aren't means that they deliberately handed it off to NoE. Not sure why that is, but I'm not complaining.

>I imagine the unique Blades will be 1-time drops
I wonder about that. Would they really make it so that each unique Blade is forever locked to whatever character actives their core crystal?

He looks like Raiden combined with the Vasara from the wrothians (btw they share the same name, Vasara)

Maybe it's 1-time per person? There definitely will be some way to either sell or discard Blades if you can actually get duplicates.

Of course. It's one of the first reasons I wanted a Switch enough to actually get one.
>Got the CE version?
NA the best. Everywhere else stinks.
>Pro controller?
Got it too.
>Hope/Fear?
I hope it's a 10/10 and delivers enough sales to continue the series. I fear Azurda dying/turning bad. He's the best.

Got CE and Pro, but trying to finish XCX first.
>24 hours in
>Only barely able to do chapter 5

Dude take as long as possible to explore/do sidequests on foot before you get your skell. Trust me.

I sure hope one of the unique Blade has a design based on the Hercules beetle.
youtube.com/watch?v=dyGFyl7NMdE

Don't rush the story, it's underwhelming anyways. Sidequesting is where it's at. Much better than the original's

Looking forward to it, hopefully it marries the exploration from XCX with literally everything else from the first

>Got the CE version?
Collector's Editions are a huge meme

>Pro controller?
I don't even own a Switch yet, will probably get one next year.

should i get a switch now or wait until this comes out? Not sure if i want to risk not getting one but also dont want one just sitting here collecting dust for months.

But I need to fly, this damn plateau probe spot bothers me.

Eh, I like it so far. It isn't an epic journey or anything, but it's different enough.
That said, all these affinity missions are addicting.

Its probably not going to get a price drop for at least a year

Basically the only reason I bought mine now

Yes. A lot. No. Maybe. A little. GOTY. Meh.
I just wanna play it, man. It's a shame that I'm not feeling hyped and determined to love it like how I felt with X, but fuck, this game just came out of nowhere and is being released soon out of nowhere. I have no way of even feeling anymore

I hope for nothing but dual audio. They just need to confirm that and i will buy 2 copies right now

Oh, that's a good point. I know thematically you get a Blade because you activate the crystal and they form a physical/magically bond with you. That leaves me with a lot of questions actually.

1) You can only hold so many blades right? So there must be some way to either store or delete them. It wouldn't make sense (unless a compromise was made for the sake of gameplay) for the blade to be transferable between characters. Then again maybe it WOULD make sense. Maybe there's some transfer ritual or something that we don't know about. If so that's 100% going to be some big plot element with Rex & Pyra.

2) They're unique blades. Logically it follows that only one of them exists. If there really is a storage / deletion system does that mean that you can resummon them after deletion? Maybe so long as you own that blade it removes it from the gacha-pool but then deleting adds it back in? Or maybe there's a system where you can resummon any lost blades for a fee (this probably would only apply to unique blades).

3) Let's assume there is in fact some sort of deletion system. You'll be rolling for a lot of blades (I assume) so this would make sense. Is it a trash can or does it instead function like a recycling bin where x amount of "crystal remnants" or whatever can be merged to create a new usable crystal? Can we combine x number of usable crystals to form a "powerful crystal" and get a guaranteed powerful common blade / unique blade? There are a lot of possibilities here.

I fear that the combat is going to be shit like the first 2 games due to atrocious AI party members with no effective way to manage them.

You shouldn't be relying on your party members