Sup Forums claims to hate casualization of shooters

>Sup Forums claims to hate casualization of shooters
>claims to miss the good old days of hardcore arena shooters like Unreal Tournament and Quake
>constantly shit talks Overwatch, CoD, and Halo for being shit games made for casuals
>"I w-w-wish someone would do a hardcore arena shooter again! Fuck this casual shit!"
>CliffyB proceeds to make the most hardcore arena shooter this gen, harkening back to the old age of Unreal Tournament but even MORE skillful
>"I'm not playing that shit, CliffyB is a big meanie, and the characters are u-u-u-ugly! I'm gonna go play Overwatch so I can stare at Widowmaker and Mercy's ass and thighs!"

So Sup Forums, how do you feel knowing you killed arena shooters and ensured companies will only make casual shit like Overtrash from now on?

Ok den

You make me sick, scum. Trash like you killed arena shooters.

I wanted to play the game.
But with so less players now, and soon to be dead communities, I'm not gonna waste my money on this.
Not like i'm missing anything out anyway.

it doesn't have anywhere near the creativity options that halo and Cod had in the past, nor does it have iconic characters

That attitude will kill the game for sure. Buy the game and start playing, that will actually save it.

CoD and Halo have no creativity. Cis het white army guy with crewcut isn't creative.

for a hero shooter the characters are all utterly generic and "serious" with the only standoint being the prisoner with the electro-dreds.

and even then he's just as cut from the same art cloth as the others.

only one I remember is the blacky tranny with absolutely fucking hilariously sized lips and pockmarked skin.

try harder

>ridiculous amounts of rapid fire long range hitscan
>80% of the advanced movement is just single key presses or holds.
>no weapon pickups
>no powerup pickups
>classes with predefined loadouts
Stop saying its like Arena Shooters, its less of one than even TF2 was.

What's up Cliffy? Treating your hundred players well?

I just want MW4.

CODMWR engine but with new content.

I like overwatch and all, but lets have more games from the golden era of shooters (from Halo 1 to whenever COD stopped having no jetpacks.)

I was talking about gameplay, community creation tools to make new maps, and game modes and set pieces, that allows the game to last longer between official updates

white guys, any one who isn't whited, or dykes with nose, ear, cheeks, belly button, clit, nipple piercings, with clown hair isn't creative either

That black woman isn't a tranny, and the characters are supposed to be serious. CliffyB said the game was supposed to have a Tarantino movie vibe to it, not cartoon goof shit like Overtrash.

Sup Forums isn't one person you dumb fuck

% of the advanced movement is just single key presses or holds.

Meanwhile Overcrap has NO advanced movement

Those few people who want to play Arena shooters play Quake. Now go to bed Cliff.

i like quake champions and it looks to be heading in a good direction, and the boost jump cods are very quake like with the mobility but for some reasons people still shit on it

i pretty much 100% stopped playing overwatch after getting diamond every single season, its just such a chore to play now and theres no fun to be had, and i dont care about winning anymore if i dont have fun

Sup Forums said what they wanted, cliffyb gave it to you, and you pissed on it. Fuck you. Game developers should never listen to so called hardcore gamers, they don't even want the shit they claim they want. Sup Forums says they want hardcore arena shooters, when in reality they just play overwatch, pick sombra, and stare at her ass for hours then shut the game off

Because even tho gameplay is king the coat of paint fuking matters and that game is an eyesore to look at. I have no interest in spending time in that world.

the problem with the characters is that they are over-designed, whoever thought them up doesn't understand that simple is better.

half of them could be said to be "bad Pharah's", and I"m not saying that because they "ripped off Overwatch" I'm saying that in comparison.

Pharah's design works because the armor is simplified but looks powerful, also has a clear cut nod to Samus in its overall structure and her mannerisms. which lends a pop culture accredence to it.

OP's image alone has a tone of working bits colors lines, peices and shit going on, its a mess of design and fails to work in motion all of that is just going to be a complicated mess moving around, it only looks good in stills and even then its very generic so it doesn't even look good.

they couldn't make a single design that takes Pharah's, who is by no means Overwatchs best design.

Quake Champions is Trash with faggy character designs.

>If only you could, then we wouldn't get casualized garbage

>Calls Ranger, Visor and Doomguy faggy
>Defends that abortion of design that is Lawbreakers

Here's your (you).

but Tarantino isn't serious, its the most purposefully schlocky shit in hollywood, with half the actors breaking the 4th wall or going into long protracted monologues for humerous purposes.

THE DARK SOULS OF COMPETITIVE FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS

>how do you feel knowing you killed arena shooters
I didnt forced Randy or Cliff to pander to retards who dont buy vidya

golly gee, the movement system is 20% better than overwatch. What an achievement!

I didn't like the movement in it because of the inconsistent physics. Having part of the map low gravity and part of the map normal gravity doesn't feel good.

>Because even tho gameplay is king the coat of paint fuking matters

It doesn't for fighting games, why are you holding shooters to a different standard?

How the hell is that ISIS soldier in a hardsuit not overdesigned?

Pharah is a blatant ripoff of the Egyptian people from unreal tournament 2004

Why hasnt epic games advertised the shit out of unreal tournament yet? Its been in alpha/beta fo so long if player count is the problem all they need to do is throw like 1 decent you tube commercial get a couple streamers on it.

Ha, I don't think any playable cod or halo character has anything longer than a medium fade. Figures that cucks like you wouldn't know what a military haircut looks like

how does a gender neutral bathroom ruin a game for you? do you get mad over a billboard in a city level in a CoD game? jesus christ

>pander to demographic that dont buy video games
>main character of overwatch is literally gay
its free marketting if that shit trends on social media

because it isn't, the overall suit is very simple shapes and colors, with most of it being blue with gold highlights, its made purposefully this way she she stands out and you know the unit you are fighting is Pharah.

has many many parts and stuff to break up its colors/design, the fact half the cast are people in similar suits does not help.

What popular fighter are you talking about? I mean injustice I guess but it's not rly a mystery why that game sells.

>how does a gender neutral bathroom ruin a game for you?

Overcrap has some "tech".
>lucio bunnyhopping
>flinging yourself in the air with grapple as widow
>using pharahs conc grenade as a quick boost
thats basically it though

Sup Forums
>"Character design doesn't matter at all, who cares if the models in MVC:I/SFV look like ass? Gameplay is what matters!"
>"Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww this black woman in this shooter doesn't look like a white girl with brown skin like my Japanese games, fuck playing this well designed shooter!"

>two people of similar build in the exact same color-combo suits, blue and black

who thought this was even remotely smart.

also literally everyone but a single castmember are in overtly complicated space suits, what generic shit.

SFV and MvC I constantly are said to look like shit but the FGC loves those games and they're the most popular fighters/

Remember that faggot developer who got so mad at laughbreakers that he attacked overwatch on the steam forums because no one wanted to play his "dark souls" of FPS crap?

Not even randy or any of the battleborn developers reached that low

>Sup Forums is made up solely of weebs

well, cater to what we want or no one buys your game.

you can whine about it and point out the particulars, but its either put up or shut up.

you hand out waifu's and we hand out cash, otherwise you can end up like CliffyB, too stubborn and cocky to admit defeat.

As much as I love(d) Lawbreakers, the newest patch is fucking shit.

Enforcer, already the best class in the game next to assassin and gunslinger, got BUFFED

Everyone regens health now completely removing the need for health stations and fucking big time with the map design

Everyone has a shitload more health and the same damage/ammo count so securing kills is a crap shoot unless you're enforcer/harrier and the game now revolves around teamfights like Overshit.

They ruined it

those hardsuits look sick bro

also no one minds damn near every female in Overshit wearing a skintight hardsuit, gee I wonder why...

The difference is that they did that shit long after they made their money from OW

who rendered this persons skin.

who did it, because they alone probably costed this game hundreds of players.

also when you are RENDERING A PERSON IN CG, can you at least make them have a convincing smile?

But you said Overwatch was trash and still supported it because it had waifu shit. So which is it, do you want hardcore gameplay or waifu crap? Can't have both. Oldschool arena shooters didn't have that waifu shit in them, why should this?

>how does a gender neutral bathroom ruin a game for you? do you get mad over a billboard in a city level in a CoD game? jesus christ
I couldnt give a fuck about tranny shit on the game, but the fact that the characters looked so horrible made me stay the fuck away from that game.
I bet that the characters looking horrendus and Cliff acting like a douche its the reason the game failed.
But serioulsy, Cliff should fire whoever give him the idea to use the bathroom shit as its major publicity stunt for the game

and each of them stand out and look totally different from each other.

for gameplay reasons alone you shouldn't have two dudes in blue and black suits that look very similar..

Didn't sf5 have terrible sales and idk where you have been but MvC is constantly being ridiculed when I browse the catalog.

>Buy the game and start playing, that will actually save it.
caught you. you filthy shill.
Instead of asking the game to go f2p to boost the playerbase, just like other games did, you decides to fuck over consumers and asks them to pay for a dying game.
Fuck off, you shills. nobody welcome your kind here.

>fire whoever give him the idea to use the bathroom shit as its major publicity stunt for the game

that would be cliff himself

>Oldschool arena shooters didn't have that waifu shit in them
They had female player models

women's skin doesn't (generally) look like that.

that is the skin of a person who shaves their face alot, or had insane acne.

firing cliffy would probably save the game

That character looks fine to me. People don't look like anime, you know this right?

I can't tell the difference between tracer, widowmaker, and sombra

People also don't look like Saints Row rejects

>that fucking jaw and chin.

Tranny or no tranny, this an ugly person.

And this does too, your point being? The female characters weren't sexy back then either, not in Unreal or Quake.

Lawbreakers has NOTHING in common with Saints Row.

how can you not tell the difference from Tracer to Widow maker?

they have entire different color setups, skin colors, hair lengths, hair colors, weapons, heights even.

also, I don't play video games to play as ugly pockmarked women.

>People don't look like anime, you know this right?
And how many people who think that character looks good enough to buy a game with her are there?
Im glad CliffyB finally made a game for all those millions of people

doesn't have to be sexy, just can't be ugly as fucking sin.

The character doesn't look like anything special, it's not eye catching, it's not unique, who does it even appeal to? It's so normal that it's easy to just gloss over it entirely, the characters are boring and to the games detriment because games like this are built on the backs of their characters.

>“The person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know [BitTorrent] to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC.” -- CliffyB (2008)

Fuck him. He treated PC gamers like shit when he was making Gears, and now he comes crawling back?

I bought this game, and then I REALLY discovered how bad the characters looked for myself. FML they're all butter faces.

motifa?

lawbreakers isnt hardcore, its not fun, its not good looking, its not skillful, its notwell made. its nothing.

fuck off shill. this game is slow as shit aside from 1 class and even then the shooting is still straight out of call of duty. why dont you actually play the games you claim to have played before you start guacin shit about me

>Quake Champions is Trash with faggy character designs.
>compares it to LawBreakers.
What

shes cute desu...

>nor does it have iconic characters
Fuck off you scum, LawBreakers has tons of iconic characters like mickey pubes, jet tranny, Takeo jammies, Octodude, Sam Fisher's fag clone and no legs goku

>I like overwatch and all, but lets have more games from the golden era of shooters (from Halo 1 to whenever COD stopped having no jetpacks.)
>(from Halo 1 to whenever COD stopped having no jetpacks.)

the trick to good looking characters is to exaggerate them, to "cartoon them" up, people wrongly accredit this to "Anime-ing" them, but thats because Anime simply adopted the process earlier, the process of making characters exaggerated and cartoonish.

this doesn't mean make them cartoons, it means softening the edges and exemplifying the features that you need to make that character have, bigger eyes, perfect chins, yada yada yada.

Japs figured this shit out 2 decades ago, Western Developers mostly have not, they trudge ever forward, making their characters ever more realistic, and by extension, ever more ugly.

Blizzard was different, they knew the secret since Warcraft 3.

you are seeing this seep into more and more big budget adventures, such as The Last of Us, where the features of the main characters are much more softened and exaggerated than a "realistic" human would have, but not by a huge degree to make them actually cartoonish, just enough.

Cliffy B never learned this lesson, and he isn't one to "learn" much from anyone, he "knows it all".

Never Forgot

Is not dying!
We have a lot of twitch viewers yesterday.

None of that "people playing my game" bullshit.

a good "realistic but not" take on this is Geralt of Rivia in Witcher 3.

he's just exaggerated enough, by a very small margin

same with the rest of the cast, its by an incredible slim "cartoon" percentage.

Good names

I'm dying for a new fucking shooter. Is this actually good? Or bad? Or mediocre?

Of course, and Im glad there are tens of people who agree with you and are playing the game ATM

>I can't tell the difference between tracer, widowmaker, and sombra
Here's a (you) for you.

Is this Loss?

>None of that "people playing my game" bullshit.

It's not worth the 30$

>shit air movemebt
>class based
>wogs
Y-yeah just what us quake players wanted

Try harder.

just play Paladins because it's free.

Wait until Lawbreakers goes f2p.

criticizes Japan and Overwatch, two things where "white" isn't the mainstay, or at least not in the sense he's talking about.

Overwatch's cast is more diverse than his, ironically enough.

Zarya in Overshit is ugly as sin, how come you aint bitching about her?

>mickey pubes
Alright, you got me. Also, why have I never seen that dumbass with horns on his night vision goggles?

That's the goddamn point, they're normal people in hardsuits. Fuck sakes, people loved Mass Effect and that series was just normal people in hardsuits. Why is it a problem her?

He apologized, get over it man, it aint that big a deal.

i dont play this game dude shes just a cutie

>Zarya in Overshit is ugly as sin
And even if she was 10 times uglier laughbreakers characters would still look uglier

she isn't really ugly, she's just pretty butch.

nothing about her face or skin or look is "ugly" its just more masculine than usual.

she's still far more feminine than this thing

>n-no they're designed badly on purpose!

What works for a fucking action RPG isn't going to work for a class based shooter, even if that was true.

all those parts and pieces and doodades and just overcomplicated mess of shit.