This game is literally perfect. I couldn't name a single flaw ever even if you held a gun to my head

This game is literally perfect. I couldn't name a single flaw ever even if you held a gun to my head.

k

Jokes aside, Original Sin 2 is the neat little appetizer while I wait for the full main course that Deadfire will be. Pillars of Eternity 1 was better than all Divinity games and Pillars of Eternity 2 looks like it's gonna be even better

How do people stand the pseudo turn based combat in PoE/Tyranny?
Either make it fully real time or turn based but that combat system completely ruined both games for me.

Ever played Baldur's Gate? Icewind Dale? Neverwinter Nights?

It is a pretty great game, 40 hours in and having a good time, I haven't even completed act 2 yet.

I thought the armor system was weird at first, and I'm still not totally sold on it because I feel like occasionally one of my dudes just gets one-rounded when two mobs pick on him at once, but overall its good and the combat is fun.

> tfw all the fire when fighting the magister on top of the oil platform and that dumb nigger sourcerer kept setting everything igniting all the oil and then causing it all to get cursed

all 3 are bad

They have taste.

I agree, for some reason I just couldn't get into those pause centered CRPGS whatsoever.

you shouldn't be here.

>shitty armour system
>shitty initiative system
>can't have more than 6 AP
First game had much better combat.

Game needs better companions almost everyone is an asshole.

really? damn.

>TFW elder RPG kino like pic related and wizardry has been forgotten, no one has any reference points older than the infinity engine games

Best of luck to the new Looking Glass guys and Underworld (and System Shock 3 too)

Those games has those combat systems because they couldn't afford to make better systems. Same reason jrpgs were turn based for so long. Only hipsters trying to fit in prefer this dated shit.

what? Maybe at first, but everyone comes around to a point.

That's not true. The game is modified format of D&D which is a genre of its own, but hasn't been done to this standard in a while. Pillars of Eternity and DoS1 were the only things that could really compete and neither of them were all that great.

So I assume you only play action RPGs. You're a massive faggot and I hope you expire soon.

I don't like crpg

why is wizards shit at converting their properties into vidya these days? You hire a good studio or make one with inhouse talent, make a good enough base campaign with official DnD rules and then you attract people with tools for creating and running their own games, you can even sell official rulesets with assets to accompany it as DLC

I'm not saying I dislike the game but the horrible click-to-move interface is a HUGE flaw. Simple movement keys, more direct camera control with the mouse and a 'use' key would do wonders for making this game drastically more playable.

WASD would feel like shit for a game like this, not even Diablo does that. And what more can you ask for with the camera? It zooms and rotates at will, pans with the mouse, and nothing is ever in the way thanks to a nifty transparency thing

Just use a controller if you want direct player movement I guess

>muh poe
every fucking time

>can respec at any time, allowing you to respec to bypass every challenge or skill check in the game, making builds entirely useless

>being autistic

Naming a major flaw with the core gameplay is not autistic, it's called constructive criticism.

>still being autistic and wasting time going back and forth to the mirror

>Having no self control is a problem of the game

I finished the first game. The first 1/3 was great but the last 2/3 was ass. Is this one gonna be the same shit? Where everyone calls it the best rpg ever then stops playing after the first act?

I actually tried that because I really crave direct movement but it's Xinput only, so that's useless.

>And what more can you ask for with the camera?
You're thinking about what I am saying wrong. The camera is fine for a click-to-move interface but if you introduced movement keys the camera would have to be reworked for that playstyle. In WASD-mode mouse movement would rotate the camera, not pan it by default, and you would click (or hold) to switch between camera and mouse cursor modes.

native support for the best controller ever made, nothing wrong with that

nintentoddlers are begging to this be ported to switch

>larian's shitty writing
>tons of shit, none of it is fun

divine divinity was the best thing they ever did and even that game was a nauseating nightmare to play.

pillars of eternity at least actually has compelling writing.

how about some Lands of Lore

>pillars of eternity at least actually has compelling writing.
fuck the backer fan fiction inserts, walls of purple prose that do nothing for the world of the game

>perfect
right.

terrible writing, visuals, art direction, music, loot system, crafting, lore, humor, companions, voice acting, ui, lack off day/night system, slow combat, dumb ai

>look guise i'm a fucking underaged mouthbreather and I have no standards! This pseudo crpg shittyy co-op game is perfektion xD

Kill yourself. Sup Forums is dead.

i didn't even mean the inserted kickstarter characters, which are jarring, yes, but it's better than larian's undying desire for everything to be slightly comedic and anything serious to be overwhelmingly cliche.

stay away from Terry Pratchett's books then, the Discworld is what Larian Studios reminds me of when they made Rivellon

>that bettle with the girl necromancer to free the ice dragon

Whi the fuck designed this fights? It's hard as fuck if you don't want to lose someone.

advice taken. i like a bit of comedy, but here and there.

No you fucking idiot

I like the game but why most battles full of ranged enemies? They are OP as fuck

>hid party isn't 4 scoundrels

use the fucking terrain to your advantage, there's a big ass choke point right before you enter that bug pit
send someone out to teleport that witch closer to the chokepoint, retreat with your lure, then close the chokepoint with fire, fire, and more fire
you then only need to concentrate on the flying beetles

Is the first game CRPG beginner friendly at all? This looks really awesome and I want to give it a try.

>he doesn't play to the best of his ability at all times
Casual

don't bother with the first game
unless you like diablo, divine divinity clones the combat from that
or if you meant DivOS1, that's like going from Baldur's Gate 2 to BG1, DivOS1 feels outdated by comparison