Ace Attorney Thread

Why is this the best game in series?

best soundtrack
best Phoenix
darker courtroom(just the looks, it's comfy)

These are all true, but only the first two cases are good.

>best Phoenix
>super intelligent mastermind Gary Stu rather than goofy extremely relatable rookie
>best

Because apparently serious intellect-destroying brain trauma also affects your taste in visual novels
that or you're blind and/or idealistic enough to ignore it's many, many, MANY faults and botches to enjoy the potential it had

It's not though. I wouldn't say any of the cases are bad, but AJ definitely doesn't have the best second or third case in the series, the second case isn't very interesting until the second investigation, and the final case, while pretty good, does have some problems with it, like the MASON system.

what

can you be more specific

>I wouldn't say any of the cases are bad

I would, in fact i'd say the only case that isn't bad is the first one

>le bluff man xD
He grew up, and then was butchered in DD and SoJ

Honestly I guess that's what I hate about Hobo Phoenix, he ended up being a completely different character from Phoenix altogether.

>second case
>good
Yikes....

Well, what didn't you like about it? Yes, Wocky wasn't very likable, but it was an okay case that took until the second investigation to become interesting.

There's lots I didn't like about it, but I'll just let that remain my opinion. It just didn't feel very memorable, probably not helped by coming off that thrilling first case. That said it was still pretty fun at times.

Guess you hate 3-1 Phoenix because he was a completely different character from Phoenix too

>people remain the same all their life

Main character was improperly treated as a side character in a game with his own namesake.
Game says it's in the dark age of the law but for some reason has you fight against a squeaky clean fuccboi with less corruption in his whole body than Manfred's trigger finger (DD has this problem to a greater extent, but it's still there)
Wright shoehorned in with hard shift to edgelord and reasons for losing his badge are stupid
Plot near the end becomes so convoluted the game has to come to a screeching halt, kick Apollo out of the protagonist spot, completely shift focus, and take you on a long, technomagical time machine investigations segment just to make sense of it
And finally, the fucking third case of the game, where every person involved apparently decided to eat lead paint chips for breakfast and put on their retard caps that day. The faults of what is almost universally considered the worst case in the series have been pointed out and discussed to death, and unlike JFA, there was no spectacular 4th case to save it, only a spectacular mess I touched upon in an earlier point

not really my point, i'm saying he went from normal phoenix > hobo phoenix > normal phoenix which is just asinine

I can't entirely disagree with some of those points, but I will with some. First, Phoenix only says that the current court system of judging based on decisive evidence is not right, the 'dark age of the law' thing comes in during DD. Also, I thought Apollo was depicted as a main character well enough, barring the whole flashback part in the fourth case, as he performed pretty well in the second and third case particularly, even if he did have some help.

I remember when AJ first came out and everyone was shitting their pants over what they did with Phoenix's character. It's amazing how the passage of time can change people's opinions.

Mia kept bailing the fuck out of Phoenix in AA1 and no one said anything.

I'll give you 1-2, but it was Edgeworth in 1-3, and Mia only vaguely hinted in 1-4 I thought. 1-5 could have been Nick's inner voice since Maya wasn't there, or something?

>Mia only vaguely hinted in 1-4 I thought
Come the fuck on, she literally spoonfed him the answer

>First, Phoenix only says that the current court system of judging based on decisive evidence is not right, the 'dark age of the law' thing comes in during DD
Like I touched on before, the phrase "dark age of the law" was given much more lip service in DD, but it is stated once by Phoenix, specifically trying to justify being an evidence forging shit. But then out prances Klavier, a regular prosecutor that doesn't do ANYTHING dirty save for one thing in a flashback case, as well as things like mobsters trying to go clean. With everything being on the up and up, it makes that previous scene look less like Wright doing what he needs to and more like him turning into the people he fought against for no reason.
Also, Apollo really only had case 2, because as I said before, Turnabout Seranade is a dumpster fire of a case and using it as an example of any character being good is suicide for your argument. So that's an entire 4th of a game named after you where you're a central figure and actually doing well writing wise, not counting actual length, which probably shrinks the fraction more.

Didn't she say something like "He had to take the bullet" or something like that? I'll give you that, but I also believe she didn't tell Nick about using the metal detector or the DL-6 bullet to compare markings, to be fair.

Reminder that Apollo Justice literally made it so that Phoenix was a hobo longer than he was a lawyer.

AA + JFA + T&T = three years.

Nick loses his license several months after T&T, and spends SEVEN YEARS fucking around.

There's a reason why they ignore as much of this game as humanly possible.

>tfw Apollo Justice never got a proper trilogy because of whiny faggots like this one

That's not Investigations 2.