What did EU mean by this?

what did EU mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/whats-the-economic-impact-of-refugees-in-america/
politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-clinton-immigration-economy-unemployment-jobs-214216
fortune.com/2017/08/08/immigration-worker-shortage-rotting-crops/
juliareda.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/displacement_study.pdf
money.cnn.com/2017/05/23/news/companies/carrier-layoffs/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because piracy doesn't affect sales.

In the age of digital distribution where you don't actually own your games, these companies are making money out of essentially nothing.

Instead they're providing a serviceable access to these games, if the price is right people will simply pay for them, but if the price is too restrictive for what you get, people will look towards piracy.

Its developers problems for not providing demos, no one wants to pay $60 for a game they might not like.

So all in all, direct sales have not changed what so ever due to piracy, piracy is still illegal, but it doesn't affect sales because pirates simply won't buy the game, people who are interested in the game but don't want to straight up buy it without trying it first get a chance to do so, then might buy it later if they like it enough to have a more secure access to game updates, or the same people who shell out for games every chance they get will still do so.

In fact, according to valve's own studies into piracy, it helps sales as it gives the market more exposure to a game or series.

That their research could not prove that being able to pirate a game has an effect on the amount of copies being sold

It's not about recouping sales. It's about punishing people for using things that doesn't belong to them without paying.

That article is about sales being affected by piracy, which clearly they have found it does not.

Its not about punishment of the illegal activity, which again, is still illegal, but doesn't affect overall sales because if there was 0 piracy, there would be less people playing and talking about said games, which lowers market exposure, especially today when all good games are usually found via word of mouth.

>It's not about recouping sales. It's about punishing people for using things that doesn't belong to them without paying.
Then why are the only people going after pirates the game industry, and not justice departments?

It is still stealing. You should feel morally wrong for making the developers hard work worthless.
Only millennials feel entitled to free media.

>it should be about punishment
The fuck does it matter to you?

Only millennials are gullible enough to buy something before trying it.

Typical entitled child. Shame your parents weren't better at raising you.

>y-you should feel bad
Fuck off. I don't feel bad about it

Thats how my grandparents raised me you mook.

You severely underestimate the number of people who could have bought the game they like but just don't give a shit and treat piracy like a part of everyday life.

Here's a clue: it's a very large amount.

You sure weren't raised right since you don't even know the difference between being entitled and being self-entitled.

Not enough, apparently

then you should be punished for using things that don't belong to you without paying as well.
>b-but I nev-
Hogwash. EVERYONE has, at least once in their life.

Someone who pirates a game was never going to pay for it.
With that said, I pay for all the games I'm interested in whether it be the day it launches or eventually when it's on sale.
I don't give a shit about the manchildren who do pirate however they should be aware that if everyone was a pathetic NEET like them and didn't pay for games, there wouldn't be games.

The same thing Trump meant when he ordered a study on the effects refugees have on the economy and the study came back that they were actually positive.

Facts end where my agenda begins

>I'm a heathen so everyone else is

They aren't getting sales out of nothing. They're getting sales out of the hard work they put in planning, developing and refining the game. Now stop being a freetard and actually program your own shit.
(pro piracy btw. I'm just not a freetard)

>EU
Unironically, opinion and report disregarded.

>previous articles state that the EU suppressed the said study
>current articles state that the EU published the said study
I have the feeling that journalism has reached a new cancer stage.

>le edgy fedora man
tell me why I should feel bad

Not really. It wasn't the media that initially released this info but another politician using this report as leverage for her/his campaign. They're just regurgitating his/her words to gain as many clicks as possible before other news outlet starts fact-checking the details.

Explain what is bait about it?

does it hurt to bend over backwards to be contrarian?

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOWWWWWWWWW

pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/whats-the-economic-impact-of-refugees-in-america/

>The distributional consequences come in two kinds. First, some workers face increased job competition, and their wages can be driven down. If lower skilled immigrants come, then lower skilled American workers may see a decline in their wages, whereas business owners may see more workers at lower cost for them.

The second kind of distributional consequence is that migrants get social services. And if they pay less in taxes and receive social services, that’s kind of a tax on the rest of the society. So economists point to both the labor market impacts and to the fiscal impacts.

politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-clinton-immigration-economy-unemployment-jobs-214216

>What does it all add up to? The fiscal burden offsets the gain from the $50 billion immigration surplus, so it’s not too farfetched to conclude that immigration has barely affected the total wealth of natives at all. Instead, it has changed how the pie is split, with the losers—the workers who compete with immigrants, many of those being low-skilled Americans—sending a roughly $500 billion check annually to the winners. Those winners are primarily their employers. And the immigrants themselves come out ahead, too. Put bluntly, immigration turns out to be just another income redistribution program.

The world isn't as simple as huffington post portrays it to be.

i think nier was the only single player only game i've bought in the past 2 years, i bought a couple of fighting games and shooting games but games like fallout 4 and wolfenstein and stuff i pirated

Not only worthless, I make sure I download as many copies as it takes to make them fucking homeless.
If 1 download is 1 lost sale, by now I have successfully reduced entire studios to dumpster diving and sucking dick for sandwiches, and it feels good.

Read up on any of the countries that allowed mass migrations for more than a minute

Reminder to stop Corporate totalitarianism:

>Draconian DRM measures must be outlawed
>Lootbox Gambling in games like Overwatch and CSGO must be heavily regulated
>Bans or other punishments for "toxicity" (aka acting in a way I dont like) and "hate speech" (banter) that erode the principle of free speech must be outlawed
>Let's Plays must be ruled as Fair Use in a court case (hopefully the PewDiePie vs Firewatch dev one

If we get all these things we will be making good progress in removing the left wing corporate choke-hold on Western video games.

fortune.com/2017/08/08/immigration-worker-shortage-rotting-crops/

Nope. Apparently, when those jobs that the supposed refugees/immigrants are stealing away from US workers are given back, said US workers didn't even want them.

FOR THOSE IN THE THREAD WONDERING WHERE TO READ SAID REPORT

juliareda.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/displacement_study.pdf

proof by anecdote. Wtf, I'm liberal now!

The only reason DRM exists in the first place is because of piracy.

>To make the jobs more attractive, farmers are offering salaries above minimum wage, along with paid time off and 401(k) plans, but even that’s not proving enough.

Wow imagine that, they didn't want jobs that paid barely above minimum wage compared to immigrants. Stop the fucking press

*It exists because of the false belief piracy affects sales
fixed

>video games are basic utilities
lmao

Bullshit, the industry has been pushing the narrative of how it harms developers and how much money they lose because of it for years.

>The world is simple
The wages of fruit pickers has been kept at a criminally low rate simply because foreign workers are allowed to come in, its been a practice for so long that that industry has not been able to adjust for inflation, rising costs of legal labor by US citizens, and other contingancies, such as competing farming markets having better overall automation.

And of course you have the insane subsidies these industries get to boot, farming is an insanely corrupt industry in the US

Speaking freely in a video game to other players should be a basic utility- and people are removed when they do this sometimes, even when there's a mute button.

No, it's not about justice or punishment.

It's about them having a convenient boogieman when their shitty game flops.

>It was dem dirty pirates!

All of a sudden a game with a 50+ mil budget is tanking not because its shit but because 20 neckbeards downloaded it illegally, sounds legit.

Piracy of video games has never affected sales because 90% or more of pirates would've never bought the game. But when they play it, talk about it, add to the hype it increases the number of people who hear about it and can/will buy said game, potentially being a sale gained from a pirated copy.

That literally doesn't change anything she said.

Did developers and publishers feel wrong when they released a shitty product ?

They mean that there's no way to prove it or to disprove it, it can only really be called "potential" losses.

Has EU did a study of how long Sweden has until it's no longer a country anymore?

Video game developers aren't even required to include a chat function. Your place to talk freely are platforms like Twitter, Facebook, even Sup Forums or Tumblr; places where communication is the primary focus.
Video games are like a basketball court to the websites' debate hall or public plaza. You can get forcibly removed from a basketball court for shittalking, but in the plaza, you are free to say what you want, legally speaking.

Sure, but if they do they should be required to respect free speech.

>Online video games are like any real life scenario

Kill yourself.

>I don't want people to make copies of my game because I simply don't want them to
Brainlet's almond=roasted

Why should they be required to respect free speech any more than a basketball court?
Although based on your final sentence, I'd say you're out of arguments.

>get removed from a basketball court for shittalking

lmao sheltered kid who's never played basketball detected

Then why do companies keep trying to fight it?
And don't say it's trying to save face; they can always kill off anti-piracy measures discreetly.

So if I go to a basketball court and start calling everyone a nigger and telling them to kill themselves, the court authorities will take no action?

Because they offer a chat box for you to communicate with other members of the public through.

If they offer more money, they might as well switch over to automation and eliminate those jobs outright. Do you think US companies that can pay minimum wage can compete to nations that pays their workers lower than that?

money.cnn.com/2017/05/23/news/companies/carrier-layoffs/index.html

Here's another example. Either they move their business elsewhere for cheaper labor cost or just outright switch to automation and cut labor outright.

Yes, they are offering it. It's a privilege they're granting, not a right they are required to provide.

Why don't companies just make an automute feature for very sensitive users (who are a tiny minority) to employ, so whenever some kid says a word they don't like they can choose to autoblock the message and mute the person?

If pirates were never going to pay for it, does that mean that without piracy they would move on to a different hobby?

Reminder, if you pirate a game and play it completely without buying it, you are a lost sale. You literally cannot argue this fact.

Facebook and Twitter offer the exact same "privilege".

I'd support that course of action too. I'm just saying it's not required that they allow people to use their chat services.
Those sites, in my opinion, are held to free speech because speech is their primary purpose. With video games, that isn't the case.

>Why
Because 50k people playing your game without buying it is 50k people playing your game without buying it. Are you autistic that you can't understand this? If I make something, I want you niggers to pay for it.

Except I've seen people here who say they enjoyed a game they pirated so they ended up purchasing it.

How am I a lost sale if I'm not going to buy it regardless of whether I can pirate it or not?

Every heavily pirated game is also commercially successful. There is not one single case of a game that was heavily pirated and also bombed in sales.

The research begs to differ brainlet

How could there be a question of ownership over something that has been duplicated? You make no sense

>"Jury fails to find suspect guilty"
It's all in the way you word it.

Purpose shouldn't matter. If you offer a public chat service, you should respect free speech.

What am I if I buy games on GOG and pirate anything that's steam only?

>If I didn't plan on buying it then how am I lost sale
Are you playing it? You're a lost sale. The only time you are not a lost sale is if you do not play it. I can't tell if you niggers are autistic or you're being contrarian on purpose at this point.
>research
>Not even peer reviewed
No wonder they suppressed it.

LMAO BUYFAGS BTFO
enjoy paying 60$ for shitty jewish propaganda about "good" communists and black men. LMAO AT YOU MEGA ULTRA C U C K S

I'm actually reading through this and an overwhelming amount of their conclusion is based upon surveys and questionnaires, and how truthful people are when asked about if they had pirated anything. After that, a whole lot of correlation and some guestamation on sales/lost sales as lot of the sales numbers is actually not made public. Without it being peer-review, this thing is as worthless as a random guess.

trips of truth don't lie, fedora man

Game chat is not a public forum. In my opinion, a public forum is the only place free speech matters.
That's why I believe Sup Forums, Facebook etc. should be held to respect free speech as public forums since everyone is free to view and contribute, and why it doesn't matter for a game's chat box, which is not, since it's only for the players of the game. Perhaps you could say a global chat needs to be held to free speech, but that's as far as I'd go.

can Sup Forums stop fucking falling for blatant fake news? this is like the 20th time i've had to report this retarded bullshit today. can you braindead retards be any more fucking brainded?

>a report commissioned by the EU
>fake news

>If lower skilled immigrants come, then lower skilled American workers may see a decline in their wages, whereas business owners may see more workers at lower cost for them.
So basically like everyone with a brain has said- The poor are hurt the most by immigration, whereas business owners get richer off of cheap labor. Leftists support the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

so EU are liars now huh? if they did the opposite you'll be posting "pirates btfo" huh cuck? lmao enjoy 60$ jewish propaganda crap white boi, Imma fuck your mama with my BBC

Of course it fucking is. You go into public matchmaking and play with other members of the public in a public match. Furthermore, it's a COMPETITIVE public forum where bantz needs to be allowed and even encouraged to flourish to weed out the pussies and faggots that shit up games and even real life- see my pic.

People need to be forced to grow a thicker skin. Free Speech is the solution to this fucking cuck boy autism that is cucking the West to hell.

>inb4 it's just amazon turk quentionnaires taken by pajeetbots

underage here thrive on spreading bullshit and "fake news". There are anons that daily make threads with shopped screenshots trying to shit on a game or blatantly false information to shitpost. Welcome to Sup Forums, an awful place.

>calling someone a nigger in my video games is going to defeat feminism and leftists!
lmao

>Lootbox Gambling in games like Overwatch and CSGO must be heavily regulated
I normally don't like it when the government imposes heavy regulations, but my god would this be great. I wish some people would get together and say that these games are getting children addicted to gambling or something.
Lootbox and f2p shit are the biggest cancers to happen to video games and I just want it to go away, even if it means the government sticking their dick in and regulating the industry.

KEEP FIGHTING HATE SPEECH COMRADE

>outright switch to automation and cut labor outright.
better than flooding the country with immigrants who will be displaced by automation soon anyway.

I'm fine with people saying nigger. Notice I'm typing it out here with no qualms. I just don't get my panties in a twist when someone tells me not to say it around them (or when using their property) because I have basic human empathy and - get this - a 'thick skin'.

>so EU are liars now
>now
lol

>basic human empathy

how's your wife's son?

>doing what you're told
pretty cucked 2bh

>Only millennials feel entitled to free media.
That's funny because baby boomers are the on who think you are an idiot for paying someone that you can get for free.

Their methodology in describing how they came up the questions are pretty hilarious. It's like the most politically correct way of writing them up. They didn't want to trigger anyone by using words that implies what they did was a crime so they answer more truthfully.

dude so edgy lmao
I bet you don't care about anything, so cool!

unless you're a nigger yourself the word you're looking for is sympathy

Funny you should say that Sup Forumstard. My gf doesn't have a son, but she does have a daughter from her previous marriage. And guess what? She's my daughter and I love her.