PUBG creators are unhappy with Fortnite: Battle Royale, considering ‘further action’

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wQqe1
youtu.be/L8ZqSW5j-AQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The beginning of the end for PUBG.

Give me an archive. That title is way too clickbait. There's no way they would actually attempt legal action.

>PUBG creates fiaco over Fortnite Battle Royale just before its official launch
>they give it massive amounts of attention
>Fortnite is going to be free to play at launch
>people jump ship from PUBG because it's actually nice looking and more fun
>PUBG can't even sue because their game isn't even original in concept at all
>PUBG becomes Battleborn/Lawbreakers tier within a month or two

>OMG HOW CAN YOU PLAGIARIZE THE SAME SHIT WE DO!?!!
>WE DID IT FIRST!

archive: archive.is/wQqe1

>“We’ve had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG’s development as they are the creators of UE4, the engine we licensed for the game,” Bluehole’s Chang Han Kim said in the press release. “After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.

>Despite that expectation, Chang Han Kim suggests the similarities between the two products are too close for comfort. “The PUBG community has and continues to provide evidence of the many similarities as we contemplate further action.”

"let's take legal actions against the company that could withdraw our license to THEIR game engine"

You can't make this shit up. I hope the Fortnite publisher win the case and ask for the shutdown of PUBG. Literally the best outcome we can ask from this.

"smart" move if they want to jump ship and have a "reason" to abandon the game, dudes already probably made millions.

Does Mr. Greene actually think he owns the concept of Battle Royale?

I hope H1z1 sues pubg after that and then Dayz sues H1z1 and then the original Battle Royal ip owners sue all the copycat devs

He doesn't care, this is all Bluehole aka gooks getting mad at this

To be fair though Fortnite is ripping it off pretty hard & since PUBG uses Unreal Engine it's kinda in bad taste since they have a partnership

Hasn't fortnite been in development for like 6 years or something? I remember when it was first announced when the announced UE4 and it looked more like a tower defence FPS kinda thing. I haven't looked at it since and didn't realize it was a 'battle royale' game.

>Epic takes PUBG's rights to their engine away
>tfw when a jew gets out-jewed by another even bigger jew

But it says "creator" and he created the game.

It is a tower defense, but they added a battle royal game mode.

Take action? Are they retarded?

At the same time though Unreal devs still enjoy the game as they mention, and they can advertise Fortnite as a substitute knockoff while PUBG is viewed as the real deal. Even then though why do the devs constantly act like they're in a stupid mindset, especially when they're considering legal action against the team who's engine their using? Did people forget about what happened to Silicon Knights when they tried to sue Epic for Unreal Engine 3?

in development for that long but the battle royal mode probably didn't take long to make. Few months max after the game was done.

>He doesn't care
Kek, yes he does

How to give free publicity to your competitor 101

>world of warcraft launches
>becomes one of the most popular mmos out there, even today despite the drop in players
>tons of wow clones pop up over the years
>blizzard doesnt bat an eye
>developers has also made diablo clones as well
>blizzard still doesnt bat an eye

jesus fuck, why are the pubg developers acting like such babies?

>Public Goy is jewing people

Woah...

>PUBG is a South Korean game
Ah, that explains the player numbers for such a mindless game. It also explains the mental retardation of trying to pursue any action against Epic Games, when they built the game on Epic's engine.

PUBG created battle royale. They own it. If you copy it, you'll go down. The sooner you kids realize it, the better off you'll be.

>licence the game mode
Is this guy retarded?

Haha, now I'm more interested in this since it's free to play

How awesome would it be if they took the license from them and people couldn't play the game anymore?

It's a game mode. It's like trying to take legal action against people using Team Deathmatch.

>From when I first started making the Battle Royale game-mode in ARMA 2, I have always wanted to make a good game.

Every single time the PUBG devs are mentioned, they always come off as complete fuckwads who have no idea what they're doing.

Please don't fail Fortnite

Glad I didnt give this dipshit money

>team deathmatch
and Activision has the right to sue you for it.

>fortnite
oh yeah, that exists
so what's this battle royale doing differently to keep it from being the same as pubg?

fortnite shills btfo, pubg is shit but I hope devs will contain their cancer in ONE game. I hope those gooks will sue every game with BR mode.

But they didn't invent the concept of teams fighting with each other. They don't own anything. This idiot did not invent the concept of a Battle Royale.

Exact quote is
>The PUBG community has and continues to provide evidence of the many similarities as we contemplate further action.

this is similar to when the fine brothers tried to trademark "react" and got bullied in the corner by everyone and just gave up

Actually working and being able to build

>Created battle royal (What is just a large deathmatch game)
How dumb can one person be?

yeah but people can copyright the word "candy" you think jews wont copyright the exact wording?

Also add how pubg is fucking over normal players in favour of streamers. Beginning of the end.

If Brendan Greene is the owner is the license, then nothing goes through without his say-so. Blue Hole can't just decide to take legal action against Epic Games without his say so, he could just let it slide. If they actually took action it's 100% him telling them to.

Why and how is that?

They can try to copyright Battle Royale, but they can't copyright the game mechanics

I did not think of this for a second It would be a perfect world until other genres start trying it.

>mfw Epic revokes Bluehole's licensed use of UE4, effectively killing pubg

Yes he did, and yes Call of Duty started Team Deathmatch.

Resource gathering and base building, plus it's way more casual and arcadey.

From what I heard they ban "stream snipers", people who watch streams so they know where their opponent is on the map.

Except they just keep banning everyone who plays well against a streamer I'd imagine.

Two teams fighting each other is not a concept that Activision invented. Have you never read a history book of watched sports?

>Completely F2P
>Microtransaction only cosmetic - no mechanical advantage
>Small building mechanics that significantly increase depth
This is what smart business looks like folks. You make Battle Royal free, get people in, and people will buy the full game/microtransactions. The pubg devs have also just outed themselves as hacks riding the wave of a lifetime. Instead of considering 'further action', how bout you ignore it and focus on developing your game? Start with the horrendous UI.

expect EVERY AAA game to have BR mode. RDR 2 will have it, unless blue point manages to outjew the jews. I really hope those gooks will pull this through.

>taking action against the people who made the engine their game runs on
Great idea

They have no ground to stand on

Greene owns the supposed license. If they take action it's all on him. He could tell them to let it slide.

>391167153
youtu.be/L8ZqSW5j-AQ

oh look a fortnite shill. kys. pubg is cancer just like your shit game.

is battle royale going to be on steam?

Are they going to sue H1Z1 next?

Good riddance
>paying money for 1 game mode

Bluehole wouldn't be scared if they weren't such a failure of a developer. They couldn't fix Tera, they sure as shit aren't going to be able to fix Pubg either.

Why did Brendan sell his game to them anyway? What a moron.

He owns the license, he has the right to sue.

Yeah, sure.
Not Quake, UT or Doom.
How new are you?

I hope bluehole gets the silicon knights treatment

They can try to copyright Battle Royale, then they'll get blown the fuck out in court, by a completely different team of lawyers.

No but the Epic launcher is extremely lightweight and runs well. Takes literally 15 seconds to install and get running.

>"let's take legal actions against the company that could withdraw our license to THEIR game engine"
>Epic takes PUBG's rights to their engine away
Business relationships don't work like that.
They paid for the shit,they have a contract.
Terminating the contract out of spite when you get sued is the most retarded thing Epic could do and it would open them to more lawsuits.

Then Bluehole could actually sue them.

blizz couldn't do anything if they wanted, since they themselves started as an everquest and dark age of camelot clone.

They're upset because Fortnite's looks more polished then their janky looking bullshit

Player (((Unknown))) on suicide watch.

>PlayerUnknown thinks he invented the battle royale genre
Pathetic. Fucking ARK Survival Evolved was doing this shit before him.

Nope. It's in the UE4 ToS. They can terminate a developer's usage of the engine for any reason they deem fit.

I 100% hope this paddy faggot actually tells them to take legal action and gets BTFO out of courts so badly he has to run back to Brazil.

PUBG is just a clone of ARMA 2 mods. It's not like they can actually do anything there either. Bohemia could end up swooping in and kill the entire genre if PUBG opens this pandora's box.

funny thing is Epic still take a cut from PUBG sales.

>‘further action’

I hope Koushun Takami sues all of them, tbqh

>license
of what? all BR forms of anything? How do you hold a license of a genre?

How the fuck can the people who made PUBG whine that someone is "copying" them when their game is literally just H1Z1 but less broken? And H1Z1 isn't even original, either.Everything about this is retarded and BR games are all shitty anyways.

>Except they just keep banning everyone who plays well against a streamer I'd imagine.
This doesn't happen

lol

He made the Arma 2 mod.

Anything that kills PUBG is good in my eyes. Fuck streamers, they actually beat pirates as my most despised vidya demographic.

I assume he means the engine, and it doesn't mean anything

What exactly could they possibly use that wouldn't backfire on them? It's not like they can copyright concept behind Battle Royale or Hunger Games.

He made the most popular one, not the first.

You are fucking delusional.

I know it's cool to be reactionary and hate all game launchers except Steam, but the only shitty launcher these days is uplay.

Can someone explain to me the difference between Battle Royale and Deathmatch?

He apparently owns the BR game mode license. I hope he takes action and gets BTFO.

But PUBG is just a ripoff of ARMA.

Honestly, if Blizz couldn't take out Dota 2 when they tried, then this has absolutely zero hope of working out for Bluehole.

I mean, Dota 2 was literally the EXACT SAME GAME, and all Valve had to do was change a few names around.

This is the most retarded shit I've seen all year. It would be like somebody trying to copyright the concept of a laser shooting into the skies of New York in an action movie.

Epic owns the engine pubg uses, though.

>"well made"

How does one own a genre? Pubg isn't the first BR game ever created.

PlayerUnknown licecened the game mode to Sony Online Entertainment for H1Z1. Not sure if really legally owns it tho.

Apparently Greene "licence'd" the game mode so he could screech about that in court if he tries suing EG.