Metroid

thoughts on neo-Justin Bailey?
also, can some CFWfag with NTR do screenshots of the SR's Justin Bailey/Fusion Samus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LXEl2Agbwcc
youtube.com/watch?v=BZeGC7e9M_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this is a "chad" metroid superboss

>Hits the boss with four power bombs and rapid-fire shots to take it down
What is this pussy shit? It'd be better if she could hit a button to instantly counter its attacks and one-hit kill it instead.

Post yfw 2d/10

I've only played AM2R and SR, so I'm wondering, was there a robot boss in the original Metroid 2? Or is it just a coincidence that the new bosses in both of the remakes are giant robots?

I didn't have power bombs when I fought this, it was an extremely tough and satisfying boss. Zetas on the other hand, just tough.

how do i into metroid? i dont have a ds but im willing to get one if there are decent metroid games for it.

No, literally the only non metroid boss in the og game was Arachnus.

Learn to type first, then emulate SNES, GBA and GC/Wii.

Zero Mission is the perfect Metroid game to start with. If you like it then branch out from there

Play Zero Mission first. Then you can try the Prime games, or go straight to Metroid II, or either of its remakes. Then Super Metroid and Fusion and you're done.

hello newfriend, I hope you enjoy your stay here on this website

The later sections of both games have tons of robot basic enemies, so they were likely inspired by that and took the concept in two different directions.

You can literally emulate the entire series with all the best 2d metroids on a toaster. You can emulate the only three 3d games with a semi-decent pc

Coincidence.

>Posting the disgusting NA box art

somewhat decent bait

I'm talking about your capitalization and punctuation, retard.

>Metroid 2 got 2 kickass remakes
>FE2/Gaiden got remade
>the official "mastered" rom of Star Fox 2 is getting leaked in a week

>yfw Zelda 2, VB Wario Land, and Kirby 64 is next up in line

I really don't think Samus Returns should be played before Super Metroid. Sure it comes after Zero Mission chronologically, but it really builds upon gameplay mechanics first introduced in Super, so playing Super afterwards might feel like a step downwards

Does this need an update?

>The equivalent of this area in both remakes involves a giant digging machine.

Hilarious.

I thought this was a really nice touch.
Hopefully she finds her way into the next Smash game as an alt.

Yeah and the same goes for playing Zero Mission before Super, who cares

it's not bait user, he really is a faggot

Fuck AM2R for using Fusion aesthetics

youtube.com/watch?v=LXEl2Agbwcc

sure thing buddy

Other than the speed booster, Zero Mission doesn't really take anything from Super at all. It's pretty much a just straight remake of Metroid 1.

In SR, can I see the credits roll and still load the save to get 100%?

Fusion has the best art direction in the series.

It takes everything from Super, and goes further to add elements from Fusion.

Give me more AAAAAAAAEEEEEIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN

Aether sucks! SUCKS!

the ability to aim in 8 directions isn't taking shit from super, it's just a basic improvement

if it weren't for the speed booster zero mission would literally just be a graphical and control improvement

>Waste time killing that damage sponge blue Zero
>It doesn't drop a red X

FUCK YOU

I don't really get the love for the GBA style.

Like, it's nice enough and was effective for a handheld like the GBA since the colors made up for the terrible screen quality, but it's hardly the peak of the series. Super Metroid has much better atmosphere and spritework, and I'd argue that Samus Returns takes full advantage of its 3D elements to make its world feel like a real place. The sense of immersion and atmosphere in those games is top notch, and while Fusion creates tense situations through its writing to make up for the changes in art direction it's totally lost in Zero Mission and AM2R.

thoughts on the Chozo R&D team?

And the space jump and the gravity suit and the plasma beam and the beam stacking and the power bombs and the map and the charge beam and the wall jumping and the shinespark

hug fluffy moth

>Super
>Better atmosphere
*inhales*

Is AM2R worth playing immediately after RoS or are they too similar in layout/progression and it will feel redundant

Not bad.

As retarded as the Forerunner Lifeworkers.

Completed Fusion Mode for my first time, but your record puts mine to shame.

They're very different, but beware that AM2R is a significantly harder game.

>the space pirates are retarded
>the federation is retarded
>now we know that the chozo are fucking retarded too

Is there anyone in this series that isn't retarded?

So fucking good. I hate to be 'that guy' but I really do wish that there was a new 2D Metroid game in HD with sprites with gorgeous pixel art.

It's quite different from AM2R, even if it's closer to M2 than SR.

>AM2R is a significantly harder
>harder
kekekekekeke

The Luminoth weren't that retarded.

A lot of their mistakes came from just lack of knowledge instead of "Destroy big threat with bigger threat"

t. didn't do Torizo

Samu-
>Left Ridley alone after he got knocked out.

Yeah it doesn't have autoaim or a counter button that turns every enemy into a one-hit kill encounter

both games are hard if you play them on hardmode

only difference is you don't have to play through the game once in baby mode first for AM2R :)

I guarantee you that you will not find a single person in existence who would turn down a 2D metroid game with high quality HD pixel art.
NOT A SINGLE PERSON

Nice

I found it easier

They should go with a hand drawn style instead, Hollow Knight is the best looking sidescroller ever and Ori's not far off.

>Chozo created the X to kill boredom
>Chozo created the Metroid to kill X
>Chozo created Samus to kill the Metroid

What was created to kill Samus?

What about the part they decided to keep every surviving member of the species sleeping while a single guy defended them alone with his life on the line?

Or the part they actually figured out the Ing were made of darkness and had the WISE IDEA to use darkness itself to ''overload'' them?

Something like that would be way too good to be true.

This is what I hope they do for the next 2D Metroid. Either that or give us a REALLY good art style that encapsulates the Metroid mood.

The Federation Force.

>he actually struggled in AM2R and is proud of it
Good for you, user :^)

my monster deick lol

Either a hand-drawn style or HD pixel art would be perfect.

>Something like that would be way too good to be true.
Not if you find the right person. Which may never happen.

Absolutely, considering we're talking about the visuals.

Fusions atmosphere comes from the story set pieces. People hate on its linear nature and mission structure but that's how it creates its atmosphere. Being in the middle of a mission only to hear a core meltdown announcement, rushing you to another area before the ship is destroyed. Defeating bosses that tear the ship apart and open pathways to areas Adam wont let you access that contain dark secrets. The blackout that turns the games world on its head. All the scripted SA-X scenarios.

But thats not the art direction, which is mostly passable. The B.S.L. is probably the least interesting places in the series to explore and never feels like much more than a collection of Wario Land levels.

Other M

>Not if you find the right person. Which may never happen.
Honestly, if I were Nintendo, I'd find a bunch of indie game devs willing to do it, pay them handsomely and let them go crazy with their own 2D, sprite-based HD Metroid.

Did Sakamoto warn us as early as 80s?

>i-i-it's japanese i-it's better...!

Yeah, hard if you are a freaking casual. Any person that has minimum experience with plataformers would kill those things easily.

No its better because its not trying to sell the action but the atmosphere and creepy elements as it should because metroid isnt guy with a gun number 3244352382
Also what the fuck is with mufasa Ridley

>he says as he struggled in MSR

Nothing in Zero Mission is creepy or atmospheric

The music in Kraid is, and the area almost manages to be too

>implying nintendo would ever do something that good

>everyone is a noob like me

You bet your ass Super's got atmosphere.
It's one of the only 2d Metroids that gives off that "you're alone on an alien planet" vibe throughout most of its entirety.

Thank you for admitting.

Good that you know you suck at these games

How come Lower Norfair is allowed to get a remix every single game but nobody ever touches Kraids Lair

Its one of the best songs in the series

RANK THE BOSSES

Diggernaut > Proteus Ridley > Queen Metroid > Zeta Metroid > Omega Metroid > Alpha Metroid > Gamma Metroid (for real though, fuck these things)

>he says as he struggled in MSR

Diggernaut > Proteus Ridley > Queen Metroid > Zeta Metroid > Omega Metroid > Arachnus > Alpha Metroid > Gamma Metroid

Where's Arachnus
Diggernaut > Queen > Ridley > Omega > Zeta > The rest

>he says as he struggled on the far easier AM2R

youtube.com/watch?v=BZeGC7e9M_w
It was rearranged for ZM.

I'm sure that music will get remixed next time Kraid is in a game
So never ;_;

I mean, they had to.
But aside from that it receives no love

Kraid as a lategame boss when?

>am2rfags are so retarded they now resort to spam

>enemies literally flash and telegraph their attacks