Unforeseen Consequences

Doctor Freeeemaaaaaaaan...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VHaVdRk3Gtg
vocaroo.com/i/s1BCBWt3bNKb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Well... well, shit...

I realize this moment may not be the most … convenient for a heart-to-heart, but I had to wait until your friends, heh, were otherwise occupied.

There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crow … bar coming at them down a steel corridor.

When. I. Plucked. Her. From, Black Mesa, I acted in the face of objections that she was a mere child and of no practical use to anyone. I have learned to ignore such nay-sayers when... quelling them, hmm, was out of the question.

Still, I am not one to, squander, my investments, and I remain confident she was worth far more than the initial , appraisal. That's why I must now, extract, from you some small … repayment … owed for your own survival.

See her safely to White Forest, Dr. Freeman. I wish I could do more than keep an eye on you, but I have agreed to abide by certain … restrictions.

Well now, listen carefully, my dear. When you see your … father, relay these words: "Prepare for unforeseen consequences".

>Still, I am not one to, squander, my investments, and I remain confident she was worth far more than the initial , appraisal
They really were laying the groundwork for episode three, weren't they?

>There will never be another out of left field moment in gaming as good as shit

No joke this spooked me in such a good way. That immediate feeling of dread then rush of excitement. I loved it.

I think Gman is what sets Half Life apart from other shooters, makes you feel like you're never in control of what's going on.

So what exactly the fuck is G man?

WELL MAYBE IF FUCKING VALVU4E EDIDJA SFDFHNJK SA.ADM,GJIOHASDFGLDN/S

Such a fucking awesome moment, they couldn't have picked a better moment.

youtu.be/VHaVdRk3Gtg

>e3 2018
>stage goes dark
>Dooooctoorrrrr Freeeeemaaaaaan
>orange lambda etc.

It's not fair

Gabe even said in the ep2 commentary nodes that ep3 was right around the corner. Whatever happened, we may never know.

inb4 dota/hats happened, I know that. But something must have occurred immediately after ep2 went gold where everyone on the project either moved onto other things or got a red light from someone else.

it's at the point now where all valve have to do is rent out a stage at E3 for 10minutes, have Gabe walk onto the stage with a shit-eating grin and hold three fingers in the air while the crowd collectively orgasms for the other 9 minutes

A surviving nihilanth or an interdimensional Ayy CIA spook.

I like to think it's some sort of modification of Cave Johnson, considering that Gman is his polar opposite (CJ is always warm, lighthearted and well spoken while Gman is cold, calculating and almost unhuman in the way he speaks). Kind of like how Glados is an imperfect copy of Caroline's consciousness. He'd be involved with the events of Half Life by settling old scores with his rival (Breen and Black Mesa) and uses portal tech to zip around as necessary but can't influence events directly due to his weak body and fear of being found out.

On that note, the only acceptable ending for the Half Life series as a whole would be using the Borealis to go back in time so Gordon can kill Breen. Kind of like Terminator 2.

Nobody at valve wanted to make levels using hammer any more. Also, ep1 and ep2 are just copied and pasted mechanics.

>flashing Breen in the background
What did they mean by this?

cmon user, CJ aint even a real character, just an excuse to have a voice talking over older aperture chambers in p2
Gman being alien in human body is most common theory that people agree on, too many things point out to that.
and why would you go back in time to kill breen if he is just a person who can and will be replaced? gman brings crystal to black mesa, and guess what, he wants it to be experimented upon, dont mater if its breen behind desk or not. resonance cascade will happen regardless. each hl game ends badly for whoever side player was on, next hl game (lol) defo will end like that.

we know the Gman was directly responsible for the events leading to the Resonance Cascade, which was the reason the Combine managed to invade and completely fuck Earth
but we also know that the Gman is interested in directly and indirectly helping Gordon, who's the main force against the Combine invasion
so why is that? we'll probably never have an answer, but I believe it's because of the Borealis
the Resonance Cascade happened precisely after Aperture was done constructing the Borealis technology, but before they could properly test it
this forced them to teleport the ship away hoping it would stop the alien invaders from having such technology but also ruining their chances to have it for themselves
I feel that the Gman somehow knew about the ship, and wanted that technology for himself
he needed humanity to build it, but he couldn't allow humanity to master it or they could become dangerous enemies
unfortunately Laidlaw's pl,ot for Episode 3 doesn't help this theory a lot, considering the doesn't stop Gordon and Alyx from destroying the ship in a futile suicide mission

another possibility is that the Gman is simply looking for people of use for him
he causes a cataclysm on Earth in order to discover humans who seem reliable for whatever his needs are
he's not really helping humanity or the Combine invasion, he's just using the event as a way to find some fine niggas

Well, Laidlaw did say it was just a single draft. The final product could've been completely different.

thanks for making this thread.. rewatched all of the gman sequences for the goosebumps alone.

RIP HL

vocaroo.com/i/s1BCBWt3bNKb
BADA BIM BADA BOOM
ASHES

Time, Dr. Freeman?