Deus Ex

About to start this bad boy. Any mods I should install first? What should I do to feel as cyberpunky as possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pFQP-pWgWTw&t=1s
kentie.net/article/dxguide/
dxm.be/navigator.php5?lang=en&content=202.
youtube.com/watch?v=4tsGb5v9qBc
youtube.com/watch?v=C09mVotXmHI
youtube.com/watch?v=rKHPtfammNY
youtube.com/watch?v=dT7sjoH8Sqc
moddb.com/mods/gmdx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I take it he was agreeable?

Stick with the prod. Prod with the prod. Just in case though we're police.

you played it before? If not, vanilla

Oh ok
Are any of the skills "useless"? They all sound good except swimming.

swimming is one of the most useful skills (esp for shortcuts and secrets)

This, can't remember how many times I found an alternate route and extra loot with swimming

Would Trained be enough? Don't see why I would need to swim like a dolphin ever.

>not being a cyberdolphin
>not having a cyberrape cave
>not being an integral character in a short story
You WILL need dolphin level swimming once you get far enough in, there's a number of difficult encounters you can bypass entirely just by taking the waterway.

You don't need to upgrade swimming more than once, but it does make moving around underwater much faster if you keep putting points into it.
You shouldn't go farther than that unless you have a lot of extra points to spend.

THeyre fucking with you or genuinely bad. There are rebreathers and eventually you will have good enough health regen to stay under water very long periods of time. Fuck swimming and fuck environmental protection.

Put points into whatever weapons you want to use. Put points into electronics. Put points into lockpuxking if you're unwilling to just blow doors up. Honestly, you really can't fuck up skills in Deus ex even if you went full swimming/environ. There is always a way for any playstyle in that game. Upgrade legs and go real fast.

Don't let the first level turn you off. Get past Hong Kong. The story becomes undeniably engrossing at a point. Explore and experiment. Play vanilla. Miss later if you want.

GMDX is all you need.

youtube.com/watch?v=pFQP-pWgWTw&t=1s

don't listen to them swimming is the most overpowered skill in the entire game and you should put all of your points into it from the very beginning

All I have to say is that you shouldn't cheat.
Once I found out how easy duping was I ruined the game for myself and couldn't stop it.
Also save regularly. Sometimes you break your legs and it's not like EYE where you can push a button and fix them.

Let him experience normal DX. No need to play an overhaul mid first time

>being this much of a dude sex shitter
bet you didn't pick the dark age ending either, fagets

Stop baiting

>purposely leading him astray by giving advice against swimming

It's perfect vanilla.
Just blindly picking skills is pretty much fine as well. You can't go wrong or get stuck.

Though low-tec weapons gets the most broken thing in the game about halfway through.
That said, it's so broken you don't even need much low-tec skill or the melee augment.

Take your time to read and take in the world. Keep a pen and paper nearby to write down codes and passwords and shit as you get them to save navigating the logs.

I legitimately think GMDX is the massive patch that Deus Ex always deserved. And it fixes the oldest complaints people have had like how Guards don't notice dead/knocked out bodies.

I don't think I'll ever play Deus Ex vanilla again. GMDX just polishes up content and there's really no downside. And the visual upgrades they did just make sense, as opposed to that horrendous Revision which was just made by amateurs.

You'll want kentie.net/article/dxguide/ and dxm.be/navigator.php5?lang=en&content=202.
Don't install any overhaul mods like GMDX on your first playthough.

Its not just a patch. It's massive. It changes level design and mechanics in a way that's a completely different experience than classic. Better as you might think your still going to rob someone of experiencing the actual classic game that's become a time piece. Let him play the mods after he has a appreciation for DX.

These people are memeing you.

Swimming is horrible never put points towards it.

Get the best at hacking as soon as possible.

Hacking is purely useless. Literally just saves you time

Then is it really useless?

UNATCO?

>Swimming is horrible never put points towards it.
Ok, good luck beating the nano-augmented shark boss fight without it.

Always put one level in swimming. It gives you around 2.75 times the swimming speed; you swim like a toddler without it. Don't bother upgrading it any further.

Yes? We're talking about 10s of seconds. There's nothing you can do with hacking you can't do without. Max heavy weapons and legs and sprint while lighting people on fire. Fuck hacking.

No, Savage.

>not having a maxed piloting skill so you can use the submarine's miniguns

NOOB. Everyone knows you gotta put points into Swimming and Medicine.

Easily cheesable with cigarettes + environmental protection

That forces you to fight the lung cancer boss near the end though

I've got lungs of steel.

don't bother with any weapon skill except rifles.

>lung cancer boss
That's not a real thing though, stop trying to mislead OP.

meant to reply to

Swimming is a must.

You should get a job.

HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP

>I only played DX once: the posts
Bet you didn't even unlock the return to return to return to return to return to Heck's Kitchen where youtube.com/watch?v=4tsGb5v9qBc plays

youtube.com/watch?v=C09mVotXmHI

>There was supposed to be a moon base level with antigravity, but it got cut

GMDX. Modern renderer, fixed a couple of things and adds modern graphics features. Along with better AI and other things.

youtube.com/watch?v=rKHPtfammNY

Only if you're going to critique it, would it be needed to play it on its own.

>recommending mods on someone's first playthrough

youtube.com/watch?v=dT7sjoH8Sqc

>Recommending what is essentially an improvement in every way, not only in compatibility, but also rendering, for modern system. But minor changes in gameplay is somehow bad

Boohoo, some added trashcans here and there in the level.

Point me to any in depth criticism of the mod and I'll admit I was wrong. But so far I've seen nothing but the opposite.

Okay, where?

UNATCO

The biggest problem with GMDX is that the AI is obnoxious. Having an AI that reacts faster and cheats more does not make it better.

>kill one guy without a stealth weapon
>everyone within twenty meters instantly knows where you are

>kill one guy with a stealth weapon from long distances
>everyone within twenty meters instantly knows where you are since there was another guy near him, even if he wasn't watching the guy that got shot

>alert some enemies
>they begin spamming grenades like a bunch of chucklefucks until they suicide

>alert some enemies
>instant PS20 does a bazillion damage

>run away from enemies around a corner
>enemies glue to that corner like retards in the same way every time since they poorly added in a corner-cover mechanism for the AI

All in swimming and environmental training
Stick with the prod

Prod with the prod.

We`re cops afterall

>What should I do to feel as cyberpunky as possible?

Go back in time to when the game first came out. Cyberpunk stopped making sense in the mid-2000s when "social media" took off and computers and the internet both stopped being mysterious.

You're gonna burn alright

>using mods the first time you play a game

Never do this

I like to make a silent take down.

You mention a lot of examples. But there's no way for me to argue them since I've experienced none of them, and from what I know none of those has been recorded.

>alert some enemies
>they begin spamming grenades like a bunch of chucklefucks until they suicide

This one I know is false since I played through GMDX.

>run away from enemies around a corner
>enemies glue to that corner like retards in the same way every time since they poorly added in a corner-cover mechanism for the AI

In the GMDX video they show a comparison of the vanilla AI running out in the open around a corner rather than the modded one sticking close to the corner wall.

>what should I do to feel as cyberpunky as possible?
Take pills against my orders.

Hum the main theme to yourself everytime you head up in an elevator

Hum it backwards if you're going down

>about to first run this
>what mods sho-
no
stop
and kill yourself

New Vision, make sure to tick the box for kentie's launcher, it lets you disable mouse acceleration, and set resolutions beyond Deus Ex's defaut max. Don't install anything else until after you finish the game.

There is nothing wrong with mods that have rendering upgrades and gameplay fixes in them.

Always take the GEP gun from Paul.
>best lockpick
>best stealth weapon
>best heavy weapon
>most silent way to take down Manderley

I partially agree, only because HDTP looks ugly as fuck.

You're acting as if mods purely for stability, more readability and bugfixes dont exist, like tafferpatcher and things of that sort

Texture packs isn't even something included in GMDX though. Especially not the one you're suggesting.

Something I just discovered recently:
>brooklyn shipyard
>the room by the crane has a bunch of toxic gas
>open the door
>leave it open
>gas starts leaking out
>gas will leak several dozen feet away
>gas will only go away once you close the damn door
Does all toxic gas in the game in closed environments do this? I honestly never noticed it before.

Wasn't talking about GMDX, that mod is actually good.

HDTP is included in a some mods (like Revision), but it is originally a mod in and of itself.

Gotcha. Was another retarded user then.

Any of the coop mods completed yet? Thinking of replaying this with a friend but we can't find any, yet youtube shows that some people have played it.

I think deusexe is required on new systems with windows 10 or something. Can't tell for sure, it worked pretty well on w7

kentie DeusEXE and enhanced open-gl renderer.

We truly live in a world of terror.

This.

You could get them individually or simply download the New Vision package which gives you the option to add those.

Most overhaul mods come with their own problems. Happened with VtMB too, where people say the plus patch is a straight upgrade and there's no reason to not use it your first time but there are plenty of people who prefer the vanilla game. Better to play vanilla first and decide for yourself. Deus Ex is good enough and varied with different builds to warrant multiple playthroughs anyway.

play it with this

moddb.com/mods/gmdx

dark age ending is shit, even though kaczynski was right about everything

don't dare do this

Unlike OP I have beaten Vanilla DX like 5 times and want to play GMDX for the first time. What are the biggest balance changes as in what sucks and what's good now?

Stamina bar. It drains from regular running, and I found this very irksome.

I played around with it on Liberty Island a bit and didn't find it that annoying even with athletics on untrained. It takes a while do deplete and it replenishes pretty quickly. At any rate if it bugs me I can just turn it off.

The password is iron cock

UNATCO hurt my weenie.

dont, save yourself the headaches.
its a clunky ugly piece of dog shit which was shit even at reale and now its even more shit.

...there's been some activity at sea, I'm going to watch the coast.

>clunky
Get the laser attachment for your pistol and you will never miss a headshot ever again.