What is the point of undocked version? Did they presume that gamers would go outside to play?

What is the point of undocked version? Did they presume that gamers would go outside to play?

>Asks question in first sentence
>Answers question in second sentence
What is the point of this thread?

A better questions is; what's the point of the docked version?

I haven't had my Switch docked ever since I got it user. Don't even remember where I put that thing.

>"Portables are for outside" meme
Portables are for playing in bed. Or not being tethered to a TV.

Taking a shit

>Not replacing your 3DS and Vita with the Switch
>using a handheld console as a 'home console'
Pleb

The Switch is for comfy playtime in bed with headphones.

Well, a lot of people travel for work, me included, and it's really nice to have something to play when you're stuck at a hotel.

This. I beat Ganon on the toilet.

I take it with me to play it places while I either have to wait for things like appointments or my in the car if my wife's running late getting out of work. It's nice, I never feel like I'm torn away from it. I can also play it in bed since it's button don't click as loud as the ds's. Idk why they're not sending these shits as hurricane relief aid. Has the power to keep the attention of four children while their parents get back in their broken ass homes. Jesus imagine what that would do for PR

I use my Switch docked and undocked. It's become my primary console for gaming. All the games that I love playing I can just pick up and take them wherever.
Doctors appointment? Boom play BOTW. Long road trip, play Sonic Mania. Itching for multyplayer at home? Splatoon 2.

It's just the perfect onsole for me to play games on. With DOOM and Wolfenstein, along with Mario Odyssey of course, the switch's library seems like it'll keep me busy for the good majority of it's lifespan

First of all a lot of people who play video games are children who benefit massively from being able to take their video games with them. Think about when you were a kid and you had a gameboy, how cool that was. Second, handheld is useful even if you don't take it out in public. You can use it in any position without having to adjust or replug things in. You can take your game from your bedroom to the kitchen while you wait for food to cook. You can then take it and lay down on your couch all of this without any interruption to your gameplay. If you wanted to do this with a PS4, you would need to stop playing while you cook and then unplug the system from your room and plug it in in your living room.

>First of all a lot of people who play video games are children who benefit massively from being able to take their video games with them

That is true to nindendrones

Go figure, the biggest fucking foil to this, is children.

If you have children, you might get 15 minutes before your putting the fucking thing down and seeing what the fuck that noise/lack of noise is, before getting back to what you were doing.

It's still great because I can sleep mode a game, and then pick it right back up, but kids man, they really fuck with the flow.

I almost never take it outside but still play mostly undocked. I don't have a Pro Controller so playing on the TV is pointless unless it has no battery left.

>to the kitchen while you wait for food to cook
I do this a lot I cook every meal my family eats and I have an intense fear of fire from leaving food unattended. It's nice that it sleeps in a single press too

I tried to play maryoh kart with my friend on a plane flight but you cant disconnect the controllers and use them while in flight mode

im a sperg and like to play it on my lunch at work

t. Retarded westerner ignorant of other countries cultures

Guess where people play games on the go? Japan.
In Japan you get exactly 3 periods a day where you can play video games.

1. On the train to work
2. Lunch Break
3. On the train home

This is where 40% of gaming happens in Japan.
The other 60% is high schoolers who also meet up in public or play after school when theres clubs

when you have a kid you will understand

Are you me? Cause I feel like, as a parent, we both get it.

it's so you can play on a shitty small 720p plastic screen with cramped controls and a constant hotspot under your right fingers and poor battery life

good huh

D-do you have a switch?

If so how big are you hands that it gets cramped in handheld mode?

Whoever made these threads clearly hasn't spent time living in Japan. There, portability is a huge positive sales incentive.

Say that all you want but all you "Adults" play fucking candy crush and other shitty android games that are knock offs of other games that are likely knock offs themselves while you sit and wait for the train/bus/car. So you can't say shit to me or anyone in this thread who has a 3DS, a Switch, a PSVita (LOL) etc. So again, think about what WE have vs you.

>>Nintendo
>classic and amazing games
>>Android/iPhone
>Knock off games over and over with "Freemium" bullshit
OK

>I can't tell the difference between docked and the portable mode but I will try to sound cool and edgy

Why can't you faggots just be happy and not rage? What is so hard about this?

My family is always hogging the TV so I always use it undocked

>I can also play it in bed since it's button don't click as loud as the ds's

Why would that matter, is it past your bedtime user?

Uhm... Japan?? Hello?

Obvious, in hindsight.

also maybe little Tommy Tanaka wants to play his Dragon Quest while Okaa-san is hogging the TV with her dramas

yes i do. all of the buttons are too small and clicky, mushy buttons are far better. the sticks have almost not travel to them and remind me of the vita sticks. the wii u gamepad is far more comfortable. the switch doesn't even have a d-pad!

Get yourself a monitor and some speakers or a really long headphones. That's what I do.
>Lives with his parents as an adult
>can't make fun of him cause I do too
>Have my own space
>have my own desk, computer, setup and everything works well
>have old VGA monitor
>have VGA to HDMI adapter
>have stereo
>everything is plugged into it
>switch plays fine on VGA (for now) while plugged into the aux
Seriously, it's not that hard user.

chronic insomniac but married
yes it's point of contention

Not him, but I also like that about it. I tend to stay up about an hour later than my wife, it's nice to have something to do in bed while I wind down, and the switch is great for that purpose

>Can't play 3DS games on it
Whats the point of that? I can't play handheld games on something your supposed to be able to play handheld games on.

This. I’m fucking out of town doing basically nothing for 12 hours a day, and living out of a hotel, for an entire month right now (normally 2 weeks average is my stay). I just got paid and I am this close to going to Walmart to buy a switch or something since my Vita is getting really dull.
>what to play today?
>ecchi game?
>indie game?
>ecchi game?
>ps1 game?
>ecchi game?
>MORE JRPG?
>newest ecchi game?
What do I do user?

this. the screen is TOO SMALL for full console games. even octopath felt like it was barely compatible with that screen.

Holy fucking angry much user? Also android is almost as powerful as the switch lol and has just as many old game ports as the switch along with endless emulators.

Mobile>Switch

True, I can't argue with that. My only real gripe is to those who tell me that "nintendo is for children" wne these are the same people who play COD or BF or GTA for the online EXP and then turn around telling me how they "miss the good ol' days of anime, nintendo, games" When they never really played them and if you found their old data, it would be filled with 1/2 asses Pokemon, sessions, and so on.

Can you really blame me for being a little mad?

>be happy and not rage
I-is, is this supposed to be ironic?

To a point user. I agree I lost it a bit

Oh yeah I get it

Why not ?