Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog

Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog.....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f-Fiie47-6A
youtu.be/k--he9UKCTU?t=5m40s
youtube.com/user/WindiiGitlord/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first game to make me cry

>He was my hero and I wanted to be a great scientist just like him. But...did he really mean to destroy us?
>I DON'T KNOW BUT WHAT I DO KNOW IS WE DID IT TOGETHER

>Sayonara
What the fuck did Maria mean by this? She was clearly not Japanese so why did she throw in some fucking Japanese saying goodbye to her literal only friend right before she dies? Is she a weaboo?

Fucking fox boy.

Then in shadow the hedgehog, his grandfather was good.

ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL, RIGHT?

>Chaos fucking destroys an entire city and Tikal got gangbanged
Fuck off Tails

Fucking kino

Because in the Japanese version, Sonic says Adios.

Simpsons brought sayonara to mainstream and most people assume its spanish or something

retconning at its worst. The entire point of Eggman's monologue at the end of SA2 is to show that he's realized the man he looked up to all this time, the man who influenced every single thing he's done up until now, wanted the entire world dead. It finally hits him and he realizes how evil he's been all this time. He turns a new leaf and goes on to use his IQ for good.
Heroes got this right by having him not be an antagonist at all. Shadow destroyed the lore

How many people died in that incident, I'd imagine in a town that size it'd be in like at least 50k, and sonic just fucks off after the fight

She was actually hispanic, or at least her family to a degree, Maria is a hispanic name, and in japanese, she actually says "Adios", not sayonara, I assume the Japanese is the canon version, or at least the one Yuji Naka or whoever wrote the story meant it to be.

BTW, this game is Kino, or at least that ending scene, fuck off idiots who just picked up this game.

I love how much Japanese dialog was kept in the english dub. SA2 is a fucking cornfest.

Shut the fuck up Tails.

Apparently everyone evacuated to safety which is fucking bullshit because Chaos fucking levels everything in under 50 seconds

L I V E A N D L E A R N

It's adios in the Japanese version, no idea why they changed it to sayonara in english but I know atleast around that time sayonara was a thing people said. Old memes and shit.

SA2 had the best story, Heroes felt like a lighter continuation of it but it wasn't bad. Then Shadow game shit the bed and it's never recovered though his story in 06 was alright.

>then Shadow comes back in Heroes

>Sonic will never get stories as good as E-102 Gamma and SA2 Shadow.
I enjoyed some post-06 stuff but it still feels bad man.

>people are unironically defending SA1 and 2's storytelling and demanding that it return

The stories are entertaining in how much they take themselves seriously, SA2 more so than SA1, but to call them "good" is to be blinded by nostalgia. Now, were some of the elements and concepts behind these stories potentially good? Sure, maybe. But the execution is undeniably bad and in the end that's all that counts.

Forces specifically bringing this style of storytelling back is a huge step backwards and I cannot wait for it to backfire on Sonic Team.

>Eggman wasn't an antagonist in heroes
He was though.

how do they "take themselves seriously"? I've seen this complaint numerous times but no one explains it. The first game is just eggman feeding a lizard chaos emeralds so that he can destroy a city and create eggmanland on top of it.
The second game's a bit more complex but just comes down to Eggman using his grandfather's tech to conquer the world, assisted by one of his grandfather's experiments, a hedgehog. In the end his grandfather turns out to be evil and everyone works together to save the world.

Oooh wow so serious

Pathos was a mistake

>AS SOON AS I CONQUER THE WORLD, I WILL PAY YOU!
>AS SOON AS I CONQUER THE WORLD
yeah try again buddy

The voiceacting in the english version was a huge part of it not being as good as it could have been. Some were definitely better than others, the writing was't even terrible if you really think about it.

BEFORE THE CANNON FIRES I'LL SLAM DUNK IT IN THERE

it was Metal Sonic my dude

Does anyone know why Maria had glorious long lashes in the Dreamcast version and they are non-existent in every version after that?

The antagonist is Metal Sonic. He impersonates Eggman throughout the game. Eggman's held captive by him the entire game

>as soon as i conquer the world with my new healthy eggsalads, I will pay you!
please let the man finish next time

show me

>eggsalads
You mean tomato sauce.
youtu.be/f-Fiie47-6A

Chaotix find Eggman imprisoned on the ship but he reveals he's flat broke and can't pay them so they beat him up.

youtu.be/k--he9UKCTU?t=5m40s

>horns intensify

Are the audio levels just as fucked up in the JP track?

Don't know why it didn't work, but go to 5:40

I thought that was intentional.

The audio mixing is all fucked up, but I never played the JP tracks.

Tch, had I known what they were going to do with Shadow's personality on revival, I'd have wished he stayed dead.

>8:48
>Oh, now I get it

What was the joke here?

I don't think timestamping has every worked on embedded youtube videos, at least not on Sup Forums

And at the tender age of 40, go figure.

Is it yaoi?

Had I known what they'd do to all of Sonic in 3D, I'd have wished the series to be buried with the Saturn. Also
>Tch

Fujoshi could very, very easily draw Sonic and the OC having some passionate alone time, yes.

So basically Eggman did literally nothing wrong the entire game and still got beat the shit out of.

I remember this. God damnit Evan. Good SU arc though.

Except Eggman mentioned in the Chaotix ending that once he conquered the world, he would pay them, so he clearly wasn't good during the game, just held captive.

He hired them to come there. That was the only team that had contact with eggman. Everyone else met metal sonic.

Who's the man? Gerald? I only played Battle but he seemed like a good person.

>Programs the A.R.K to crash into Earth
Hahaha

>As soon as I conquer the world of conveniently priced household appliances!

>the scene when Shadow and Sonic are talking before their final duel
Fuck anyone that says the story wasn't good

You see moving cars on a busy street get fucking slammed by a tidal wave, there's no way those people made it out alive

>Maria is a hispanic name
"Robotnik" sure as fuck isn't

A couple people cheer offscreen for Sonic so some survived.

Tails is still a dipshit though.

>He thinks Robotnik is canon

Don't bully Tails, he tries his best.

She's a fair skinned, blonde haired, blue eyed girl. The Robotniks have Eastern European roots, going by their name and looks.

マリア・ロボトニック my dude

I don't speak Taiwanese? Why are you posting this?

Which is the best Tails characterization
>innocent, kind, and impressionable shy child (Sonic cartoons)
>innocent good kid and mechanical (Sonic 2)
>innocent good kid and smart boy inventor (Sonic 3K, Tails Adventure, Sonic X)
>genius child inventor/mechanic who's actually a retard (Adventure/Adventure 2/Heroes)
>smug and self-absorbed genius child scientist, engineer, mechanic, etc (Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory only a gay fox) (Colors, Lost World, Boom, later comics)

I love Tails. He knew the perfect lines to ruin Adventure's endings.

I think when people say that SA2 has a bad story, it comes from the perspective of either looking at things from a technical perspective, noting how many weird inconsistencies exist, or from the perspective of not being able to take the scenario seriously due to the fact that game stars Sonic and co., literal bipedal talking animals.

I think there's a really good flow to the story though. It extrapolates the hallmarks of junky shonen anime and injects it with a bit of genuine sentimentality and moral ambiguity. Don't misread me; I'm not calling SA2's story perfect by any measure. Even the things it does well could've been done better. But if you aren't bogged down by the logic problems and the character interactions manage to grab you, then it more than makes up for it. SA2 is the Episode VI of gaming.

I give you 2 and Heroes, but when did Tails act like a retard in Adventure 1? And no, that shitty line he says at the end doesn't count.

I never understood why at the end of the Adventure games, Eggman is all chummy with the gang but then next game he is right back to being evil.

He crashed his plane.

After being blasted out of the sky by Robotnik.

I think user's talking about at the start of the game
>"Watch out! You're gonna crash! Ah!"

He's a villain. It's a paying gig.

I always thought of him underestimating the emerald's power but yeah that can count as a retard move I guess.

>when you play the Japanese Sonic Adventure for the first time and everything suddenly makes sense
Amy isn't a whiny cunt, Tails is clearly a literal child hanging around with his "cool" older brother figure, it's astonishing how much they managed to fuck up.

Ironically, Sonic is the only character that sees a slight improvement in the international release, simply because his obnoxious engrish is less jarring.

Junichi's engrish is cute as fuck you bitch ass nigger

Good to know we'll never s this superior version due to none of us being able to speak moon runes

If only it were possible to learn enough of the language to play a children's game.

You get used to it, I guess it doesn't have some of the real lows that the dub has. It's still fucking annoying if you know english, though.

There's a guy subbing 3D Sonic on Youtube.

Best part is an Eggman that can be actually taken seriously. I'm glad they fixed him in SA2's dub.

I actually like slight goofball Eggman better. best part of the comic since he was deranged.

>Are the audio levels just as fucked up in the JP track?
The Dreamcast version has the best audio. No idea why they fucked up the audio so hard on every other version. The Japanese version doesn't have characters talking over eachother though.

Do you have a link?

youtube.com/user/WindiiGitlord/videos
Sonic Adventure is kinda fucked up but 2 is literally the most off script translation Sonic Team has ever done. There's entire pieces of story that make no sense.

Why did Sonic gave Shadow's Ring to Rouge rather than Eggman?

For the longest time I thought sayonara was some mexican shit or something.

It spells Maria Robotoniku

>bringing this style of storytelling back
In terms of tone Forces sits in line with '06, not Adventure.

they were prob sexually involved or something

I don't know but I DO know the worst personality.

The one who goes to parks

>Eggman taken over 99% of the planet
>Sonic will be forced into another reboot because they let the 2006 Director fuck up Sonic lore again
>If they don;t it's going to be awkward as fuck when Sonic lets Eggman off the hook for the 50th time even after he beheaded Tails on live Television

The Adventure games are a little camp, but they're basically stories for kids anyway.

Gamma's story alone blows everything else made by sonic team out of the water.

FUCKING STOP