When did you realize video game journalism was a joke?

when did you realize video game journalism was a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/EPNetworkTV/featured
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When I was a freshman in high school 15 years ago.

Tommy has more guts than you ever will. You may not always agree with him, but he has a distinct taste.

God I fucking hate Tommy.

Hi Dobson

Tommy's distinct taste was that he only liked games he did the music for. He had zero valid reason for hating the games he reviewed and was clearly there just so the show had a "good guy - bad guy" theme like Siskel and Ebert.

When I learned they get that shit for free, of course they are gonna go easy and shill anything if its given to them.

Since I was young, like 11 or 12. There's this magazine called Club Nintendo in Mexico and I NEVER saw a game getting anything lower than 8/10 or 4/5 or whatever review system they used. I got memed into buying shitty games more than once.

When BotW got 98 when its easily a 73

Reminder that Tommy gave Melee a 3 solely due to Kirby being in it

Kane and Lynch review, that one.

are you serious

I met Tommy Tallarico once. He is the fucking Chad Stride to Victor Lucas' Virgin Walk.

The guy runs that whole Video Games Live program. He goes on tour with orchestras playing vidya music, and rocking out with his Spider-Man guitar on stage. He's actually the cousin to Steven Tyler, look it up.

Meanwhile, what the hell is Victor Lucas doing?

Every time I watched a Yahtzee video and it seemed like he was confused about something trivial

about the time Skyrim and Fallout 3 were hailed as the saviors of and precedent for video games to follow and I recognized both for the overhyped bullshit they were and the deathknell they meant for the hobby. We're still reeling from that "every game has to be open world and open ended" precedent these 2 helped set us on and I eternally despise them for that if nothing else.

the title alone triggered me, they say taste is subjective but god damnit when i see shit like this

Thousand Year Door was ass compared to the first game.

Mario RPGs follow a distinct pattern of the first game being amazing, and all sequels being of decreasing quality.

When EGM died for the first time. Shoe-era EGM was quality stuff.

TTYD is garbage though.

youtube.com/user/EPNetworkTV/featured

Actually I just looked him up.

>28k subs

Oh man...

>"The Sixth Axis" gave NBA2K18 a 3/10
>Very accurate score for the game because it's essentially P2W
>2K PR got into contact with the sites editor and "persuaded" them to remove the score or put it as pending because it knocked down the Metacritic by 3 points
>People find out
>They had to reinstate the score

Why don't gaming journalists have balls or morals? I would have made an article calling out 2k and their practices.

Tommy pls you need to go and stay go

I never really took Tommy's reviews on Judgment Day very seriously, he gave games shit for the most absurd reasons so he was just funny

Besides he gives video game music the prestige and love it deserves with VGL so I can't hate on him

>Dobson
>Ever

He would literally hate games he outright said were good because of something completely superfluous.

how the fuck do you people not know how this works by now.
>I'm a gaming site
>naturally people come to me to read my reviews
>If I want to have the best coverage, I need to get reviews done timely and regularly
>companies offer to send me review copies
>I say yes, I do reviews, people come to me because I have reviews of upcoming games, all is well
>but I get a game that sucks ass once
>print review on site that says so
>sales tank
>company realizes that I gave their game a bad review
>naturally don't want to send me anymore review copies because I just destroyed some of their sales with my honest review, and now my site is less visited because I'm missing early reviews for some games
>repeat a couple times over
>I get no review copies now
>no one comes to my site anymore
>I have no job

why do you think the lowest you'll ever see for a game is a 6/10? If you EVER see a game reviewed for anything less than a 7 that is the reviewer telling you the best way he can that its complete and utter shit. If they lose the chance for review copies and the like massive profit goes out the window.

>It's a footsteps episode

a complete joke? The aftermath of Kane & Lynch 2, and what happened with Gerstmann.

If that didn't tell you videogame journalism is corrupt and a joke, nothing would've. Not even that cumdumpster german would convince you.

The moment I laid my eyes on my first GameInformer magazine.

Number 3 what, Offended Octavio?

When I stopped caring the opinions of random assholes who can't into video games.

Tommy's balls never dropped.

I can't believe Sup Forums of all places is getting triggered over Tommy Tallarico. That man gives absolutely zero fucks. Hell, half of the Earthworm Jim 2 soundtrack is just classical music adapted for console soundchips.

And to be triggered over a TV show from a network that literally doesn't even exist anymore, you faggots really are losing your edge.

>this has too much reading

Shut up SSS fag, the remake is superiorly better, go whine about MUH DESIGNS elsewhere

tommy was literally Sup Forums of the show.
he just hated stuff for no good reason.

Paper Mario was never good

>G4TV
>Watch Judgement Day
>Tommy Tallarico and Victor Lucas best bros ever

Man, I love the chemistry between the both of them. Tommy was the charismatic loudmouth brutally honest dude who just came off so funny how Victor riffed off of what Tommy said. Victor was like the calm intricate type that explained all of the small nooks and crannies and was very passionate with all the games he's played.

So fucking mad they had to disband.

On the other hand, Tommy is doing great with his Video game orchestra concerts he's been hosting across the globe. He's still fucking wealthy as fuck too.

>still mad