Monster Hunter Stories

FEAR

MHS thread.

What genes are the worst to find for you? For me, it's any of the decent neutral genes.

Armour skills necessary for post game stuff? I mainly focus on element reistance so far rather than skills.

I rather want to make something Dragon but I don't have many good genes for it at all, even in the postgame.

I feel as if raw defense > skills >> elements in this game.

Would you?

Why do those fucker appear during battle, recently got two beware notice and those pickles showed up.

Have you played mainline? Deviljho is famous for crashing parties and ruining everything while you're trying to hunt something else.

Haven't touched mainline yet, but MHS makes me want to do try it, so after completing it and waiting for EOV, I'll play either MH4U or Generations

Jho didn't crash hunts that often for me in 4U and Gen, I counted once in 4U and none in Gen, Rajang crashed my hunts a few times in 4U but in Tri/3U he would crash a hunt very often, probably every third hunt in my experience.

What N64 game is this?

Post riders

Just bought the game after completing the demo and I gotta say network battles are surprisingly fun. Love those stickers too

>Seregios
Good taste in monsters.

I took a break with this game to finish the new Metroid and I start back up right at the start of the postgame and I have this Rathalos egg I don't remember getting. Is it something you get for beating the game? Is it supposed to be Ratha's kid?

Nah

toot

Any reason I should use him over Crimson?

anyone here using Luma CFW? How do yall take screenshots manually?

I took user's advice in the other thread and started tooting for Azure Los, it only came one time and wasn't HR either. I already hated this piece of shit in mainline, now if he's the rarest fucker in the game i hate him even more.

Is there a better way to grind than doing repeat trips to Tower 5F?

I just check the island in the middle of the lake for Azure Los, tooting gives me too many Kut-kus and Arzuros.

I'm using Miiverse, but I think it requires a N3DS.

If you just need HR you might have better luck popping a rare nest charm and raiding rare HR nests. It's still an annoying low chance but you'll also get eggs in the process, and once you do find one you won't have to worry about LR cockblocking.

Yes, Tower 45F

Maybe if my monsters were strong enough to take on the rest of the tower, sure.
I just reached high rank and I'm getting my ass kicked.

WHO THE FUCK DECIDED DOUBLE THUNDER CRACK WAS OK FOR RAJANG TO SPAM EVERY ROUND
FUCK I'M MAD

Got ntr plugin? I'm using that and upscaling uploading to waifu2x to upscale

Been considering getting this for awhile is it good? I generally like turn based stuff but it seems kind of similiar to digimon world or dragon quest monsters which I dont particularly like

In reality i just need it for the materials since i have to upgrade Silver Los stuff and make the armor in the future.

That's right. However once you're a little stronger outside 16, 23 and 27 the first 30 floors aren't so bad. You get gold and silver eggs at 19 and 29 so it's worth it.

Also can someone draw my character taking it in her behind with this face? Thanks. Don't bother with armor.

I love this shit but I also love MH and I love monster raising. If you don't like monster raising already then this is unlikely to change your mind. There's a hefty demo if you want to try anyway.

NTR.

Best way to grind lvls? I'm ready to go for 99.

Is there a lot of RNG that can fuck you over?

Yeah

Yep, retreating monsters, egg smell and weight, gene typrs and gene layouts, its a bitch but its fun

I've been grinding hr barrel cats in the labyrinth, I've found quite a few in there

In the start it seems painfully RNG because the very most basics of the combat system involves some rock-paper-scissors shit, but as the game opens up and you get more options the RNG aspect falls away somewhat and becomes more dependent on your preparation and customization. When I'm in danger and not confident in the RNG rolls I can go for attacks that ignore the r-p-s system instead. It still feels dumb when the monster has been doing paper three rounds in a row and suddenly goes for rock to crush your scissors, but the game isn't hard enough for that to really break you.
There's RNG hell in getting the best monsters too, but later in the game where that actually matters you can brute force your way through a lot of it with items.

Us red Khezu the normal egg found in the snow area or did I get a rare one?

Red Khezu is mkre uncommon than rare. Heavier and smellier the egg, the rarer and better it is

Red Khezu's like an uncommon upgrade to the normal one.
Also a really solid monster, I'm getting to lategame and still using it

Red Khezu is really solid for those electric moves, better than Zino in my view. Slap on Zino's thunder charge and you're good to go.

It depends if you want buffs for yourself or debufs against the opponent, and Crimson Peco is a bit stronger as well, with slightly more ATK. I change them around to complement my Hunting Horn.

This egg fragment RNG for the special network battle rules is really screwing me over

The cutest poogie. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

I tried the demo and I really wanted to enjoy the game
but the combat is so awfully simple I can't like it
it's even worse than pokemon and that's hard to achieve

If that means anything to you, as the game progresses and you get more skills for you and your monsters, the game gets a good amount of depth. The game also gets much more challenging than your usual Pokemon game.

So are there any solid strategies against Teostra aside from spamming healing items and praying?
I killed it, but with one heart remaining after using both Ancient Potion and Vital Essence. Christ.

does that really change the combat?
I was just selecting one attack type the whole combat because the monster always used one.
And just anticipating the attack type and spamming autoattack feels dumb

It's just that and riding a bulky fire resistant monster too, since Teostra mutilates a lone hunter, and when you're riding he seems to use regular power attacks more often

The one I fought didn't use a single basic attack. Breath, blast, and supernovas everywhere. Was it because it was the named quest one or was I just supremely unlucky?

Does the level up skill Might L stack with the gene Might L?

I don't think quests make any difference, you were just unlucky, the one I fought was at the end of the labyrinth, and would use Power attacks every so often while I was riding Ratha for dear sweet life
Shit was still close as hell, and I ended up using Ancient Potion, Vital Essence, and a moxie gem, while also using copious amounts of megapotions and that 300HP AOE healing item

>does a game becomes harder as it goes on
mmh really grinds your gears does it

I've stacked about 7 dragon genes onto my Seregios so it has 11in elemental attack and 6 in resist but it still is regarded as non elemental.

Does he have a damaging Dragon move?

not all games become harder as you go user
not all games become easier as you go user
hmmm it really fucks your anus

It still takes a dead boar's brain to figure out that the early game is easier than the rest.

In any RPG there's also a lot of RNG involved, it's just that in this game you have more control over it with the rock-paper-scissors combat. You get all kinds of skills and options in battle you find on any other RPG, from elemental attacks, area attacks, buffs, debuffs, also this game has much more usage of utilitary items than other RPGs, with stuff like traps, bombs, throwing knives, but instead of having just the neutral "attack" option in battle, you will have to face a head-to-head against your opponent if you end up attacking each other. But the importance of the rock-paper-scissors element never really goes away, so if you really don't like it, the game is not for you.

Spread dragon breath and dragon shroud are his dragon moves

Just a shot in the dark, but did you save edit the genes in?

If you did you'll need to fuse something onto him for some of the changes to apply, i.e. by placing one of the desired genes onto some channel fodder like an herbivore and copying over it

Just completely destroyed a HR Rajang.
Got a Dash Combo going with my Brute Tiggy while it wasn't enraged, and as soon as it enraged I hit it with a shock trap. Two free turns of full-powered Dash Combo tore it to shreds.
Just like mainline, remember that we have traps, and use them.

Must be, I save edited the genes for bingo. I was already drained from farming Jhos, Stygians amd Green Narg for evasion+2

Don't die yet thread, have some energy.

So is Rajang as bullshit as a monstie as he is your enemy though

Um I'm pretty sure energy drinks are green...

So does this game get better? I picked it up after hearing a lot of glowing reviews and seeing a lot of people praising it but I feel like I've been duped.

I just purified a big crystal in the forest and I'm about to enter a snowy region and all the fights so far have been "oh it uses technique and almost nothing else. Time to push power until it's dead"

You're right at the very start, give it a little bit of time

Alright user, will stick with it a bit longer then.

Aside from the dull combat mechanics so far I gotta say the only other thing I can't really wrap my head around is Chevals writing. Every line he has said is such a huge cliche that they might as well blare Attack on Titans theme each time he talks.

Toot!

For life, yeah, but for stamina they are yellow. Stories doesn't have stamina so i dunno who the anime made lilia make stamina potions.

The game does have stamina drink, I just don't remember what they are for.

I must get rid of bulldrome, it literally can carry you to the endgame but it doesn't look cool.

To prevent sleep status like the main games

I have my pog in a frog suit.

I can't toot a barroth

Hwere's the pickle?

Any good healers besides Pecos? I'm in post-game and stat-wise Crimson doesn't look too hot.

You can move the healing skill tonany monster

Toot

I want Avinia to /u/ me.

Somehow managed to get a pink rathian on my way to Gilgamesh. Is it even any good. I can't use 4star yet.

There really needs to be a sequel/expansion with more monsters

Where i can get legs girl monster?

By the time you can use rank 4 monster, the more powerful rathalos will ne forced into your party.

Barioth? I'm still a newbie but I got her Frostfang from the amiibo, you can use the save editor to get it as well.

>teostra
Man fuck this shit

Why you assumed i am a piratefag?

Chill, I was nswering your question the way I could. I hope someone else can tell where to find it in the game.

Barioth is pretty much endgame in the frost field

I love this nigga, he just 600 damage a fucking black diablos.

You can find Barioth eggs at the last area of the game, when you revisit the snow region.

I'm so goddamn sick of this fucking cat

Remove Narivou, Delete Navirou.

>Fighting Rajang for the first time on Mt Celion
I wasn't prepared for this guys

Have you accepted that toot is the true way of life?

Same. I was putting up a good fight until the bastard entered rage mode for the second time and started spamming his AoE move every round.

Just got through the snow area, not sure if I'm feeling it. Cool to use some of my favorite monsters but feel like there's been too few per area so far. Got a blue Yian with fire bingo beating the shit out of everything though.

Nobody ever is