Will we ever experience a feeling of euphoria like we did in FFXI again?

Will we ever experience a feeling of euphoria like we did in FFXI again?

who private server here?

>tfw they are dying

>You find an Emperor Hairpin on the Valkurm Emperor

Only played on one. Is there a big one that has at least 1k players?

No, wow and it's multitude of clones have completely killed the older style of mmos permanently.

Gamers are no longer the type of people willing to spends days grinding and getting to know people in order to advance in games, they want piss easy fights and instance-queuing.

You can't be more right.

Before WoW came on the scene, every MMO tried to be different, and most had a steep learning curve, which severely reduced shitters, for lack of a better term.

There was no better community than FFXI.

8 years and the best nm drop I ever got was an e-sword and my linkshell leader decided to kick me from the party before it could drop so he could sell it and split among the other people who came.
Even though I was the one that spent a week getting it's spawn time down and talked people into helping me take it down andmaking it clear I wanted it for personal use, not gil.

Jesus Christ dude, I hope your server was aware if their faggotry.

Yep, I let everyone in Jeuno know in shout.

That was the only linkshell I flat out quite.

The problem is most of those people also grew up. We don't have the free time to spend a month grinding out for a set of gear anymore.

Except you're wrong. People spend much more time grinding now. It's just for more quick release, quick satisfying shit.

150 at top hours
is comfy

>more time grinding now
Except that is wrong. You are thinking of children. Not adults who were the prime of the time.

They now work jobs or have careers. They don't have time to jump on a game for 5 hours a night.

Again, you are wrong lol. People, above the age of 13, on average spend more time playing games than they ever have in the past. People sit down and play games more during one session than in the past, in the western world.

But whatever, you're free to believe what you want.

>people above the age of 13
Weren't even born when FF11 was released.

The people you were talking about who enjoyed the grind are all in their 30s and 40s now..

faggot

>The problem is most of those people also grew up
>goal posts to 13 year olds
user, learn to read.

Both of you are fucking retards. There's plenty of people who sit on FFXIV, WoW, or whatever MMO for fucking hours. The difference is attention span. People will spend hours completing 5 minute quest with pizazz and flash, yet they won't do 1 quest that takes the same amount of time.

>user literally said children
>Quote 13 years or older

>"moving the goal post"

>sit on
Being AFK is not the same.

That's not what I meant by sit.

No user said "you are thinking of children" You know, the ones who don't have jobs. The people who played games like FF11 are all in their 30s now at the very least. Those people do not have hours to spend after they got off work to grind out shit anymore. Hell most of them probably don't even play games anymore.

Which is what user had said, meanwhile you brought up todays 13 year olds who were brought into a completely different genre of gaming, or the "Get it now with DLC" groups.

But the definition of children isn't "People who don't have jobs". Stop being an ass.

He said children. That's people younger than 13.

its true that you can get to 99 in 3 days?

>(you)

ffxi was never good unless you enjoy not playing a game

>need to wait on 10minute boat trips
>2 hour abilities
>NMs spawning every XX hours
>rare spoils credited to one person and
>1 death means lost exp and more grinding
>grinding back the exp lost took hours
If i was 13 again and didnt have to work 9 hours a day, i'd go back to 11
11's mmo format just does not work if you dont have 10+ hours to play

>tfw no FFXI mobile yet
Reeeee we need more news.

this.

They'd have to add a bunch of afk systems like Black Desert to make it work today I think.

Was FF XI really that good ?

A few people here stated otherwise, due to the amount of hours you need to grind to get what you want.

It wasnt, but when you're 12 and spend 15+ hours in a game for years
The nostalgia will cloud your judgement heavily
no one remembers how fucking shit playonline was