Unused Content

Anything found in games that went unused. Creepy or not, maybe something you wish made it into the game.

Someone just posted this in a Silent Hill thread: youtu.be/_2aO8kNlHdo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o0qXgl_cwJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=d0BlM70n4Yk
tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bioshock infinite apparently had at one point to try and tie system shock in with bioshock

youtu.be/o0qXgl_cwJ0

I was aware of what Bioshock Infinite was going to be instead of what it became, but I've never seen this. Seeing stuff like this with hardly any context just creeps me out somehow.

it apparently was going to be in the light house area at the end of the game. it looks just like citadel station from system shock 1. it had to do with the "infinite universes" thing and levine

Dark Souls 2 had a lot of cut content

Unused audio from Bomberman
youtube.com/watch?v=d0BlM70n4Yk

Glad they didn't do this because then they'd be infecting System Shock with this retarded shit

Was Silent Hill just recently datamined or something? I saw Masahiro Ito posting pictures of some unused monsters in game the other day on his twitter.

Yes.

unused audio
monsters
boats
new areas

From what I've gathered in the thread I got it from, someone mined it, mentioned it once a long time ago, some guy looked for himself recently and uploaded that.

Versus 13 costume in FFXV

Not in the game at all though

I agree, it was scrapped due to legal issues from what I've heard

The DS version of Final Fantasy III had it's script heavily cut down
tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text
All of it's in Japanese but you can make out some stuff with online translators and whatnot.
Apparently, at least two jobs were almost moved around and two sections of the game almost got reworked.

Would you happen to have any links? tcrf doesn't seem to have any of it.

More importantly, Gentiana's nipples were cut too.

Way too much.
Here's the old tutorial level

I thought the regular tutorial level was fine, nothing really wrong with it.

Reminds me that I still need to go through Dragon's Dogma see if there's anything unused, mainly map geometry/minimap textures. Not holding my breath though, since Capcom tends to tidy up the shipping build so there's rarely anything of note.

Eh, I thought Things Betwixt felt too much like a structured tutorial than usual, instead of being something organic like DeS and DaS1 did.

Like all the lessons are contained in little closed off areas, and you're guided through them with a linear path. Whereas 0-1 and 0-2 in DeS and Undead Asylum threw you in a level and you learned as you explored the level.

I guess it makes a bit of sense considering they scrapped this iteration of it and had to come up with something to replace it.

I liked the design of the linear path tutorials, and they kind of do the same thing in the different branches in 2 but they just made it optional since it won't be most people's first time playing a Dark Souls game, let alone a game ever. Also so repeat playthroughs don't feel sluggish in the beginning because you have to repeat a tutorial for a game you've played before. So in that way, I think it's even better.

What thread?

Yeah that's a fair point, it was nice that you could skip it.