Is DriveClub still the best looking current gen racing game?

Is DriveClub still the best looking current gen racing game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lD5LNq4hqjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

realism ruined racing games

How? racing games are fun

Did it killed the studio? I wanted a new motorstorm. They were already on rocky ground after the japan earthquakes affected the sales of the apocalypse one

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=lD5LNq4hqjE

I cant get over the particle effect for the snow(?) in front of the headlights

>water on the third person camera
silly. but fun

Is that what that is? It looks terrible nevertheless.

driveclub, forza iracing and the like aren't even remotely realistic

Meanwhile outside of replays.

The rain effect is the only good part of that game
if you had ACTUALLY PLAYED IT youd know that the rest of the graphics arent all that impressive

no

only when there is bad weather, in normal weather the game doesn't look that good.

Does this game have anything other than wide boring roads and super cars that only rich arabs and poor poms like?

I can't understand how anyone could support Sony and buy Driveclub.
>Promised as a "free" game for PS+ users during E3
>turn out its only a "free" demo
>at first if you buy the $50 Ps+ digital version you can't play it anymore if you PS+ subscription run out.
>lied about no microtransaction, game is full of microtransaction and planned paid DLC for the whole year.
>game is focused on social and multiplayer.
>servers doesn't work for 90% of the people who bought Driveclub.
>colision penalty system
>Delayed for few months then delayed for a whole year and now the PS+ is delayed too.

>post already fixed issue
lol

they are tried and true

But you should be at least a bit disappointed by how lazy and uncreative the whole genre is. Wind and snow and a flat road is nice but it's not a deep and involving game. Its a pedantic braking simulator and while in real life that's fun, in videogames, its just too dull because of the lack of danger and speed feedback, gforce etc.

So many racing games don't even have track creators (or any interesting tracks like near-verical downhills, or courses with ludicrous amounts of crests over turns- anything to challenge a player beyond just turning), most don't even bother with offroading (and feel like an n64 game when you do take a car offroad), car variety is often not about racing different vehicles that handle differently, but just variants of sports cars (yawn). Almost all games have only one set of physics, and lack any interesting movement mechanics (most just have NOS, big whoop). What about low gravity (or the very rare high gravity? What about a race through gridlock, what about cars that can strafe with side-rockets, or racing on top of a moving road system like the staircases in harry potter?

Car collector games, need more of those, project cars HUUUUR.

>lazy and uncreative the whole genre is.
MUTHERFUCKER YOU DRIVE FAST IN A LINE THAT SHIFTS ANGLE FROM TIME TO TOME

CONT.

Also, I KNOW that some games will satisfy one of those, or kind of does X that is similar. Great! But name one that does all of them together to make a game that has endless depth and fun.

Racing games lack features, they focus on graphics and its boring.

>cherrypicked screenshots of the beta
vs
Real gameplay

Hmm really gets the noggin poppin

>. What about low gravity (or the very rare high gravity? What about a race through gridlock, what about cars that can strafe with side-rockets, or racing on top of a moving road system like the staircases in harry potter?

I too remember being nine.

>Those jaggies

I'm going to puke.

All these jealous and bitter xbox/pc owners who would never get to play this game lmao

t. bad at racing games

>Driveclub
>114 cars + 17 bikes
>Canada 7 tracks
>Chile 7 tracks
>India 7 tracks
>Japan 7 tracks
>Norway 7 tracks
>Scotland 7 tracks

I don't know I got driveclub for free with ps+

I'm 27 and mostly play games like tribes, ns2. I'm having difficulty finding games that I still enjoy. I was looking at redout but I know it's too simple and simply is not dynamic. I'm not sure what your point is, but I cant imagine wanting to spend life creaming over some edgy looking lambo or Bugatti, be some car companies bitch- to be no different than a greedy wife fawning over her shiny diamond ring. I hate the idea that some car designer paid 150k a year is making some triangle shaped super car that costs 200k to make, they sell it for 1.5 million and then is shoved down my throat in a videogame that's been made 100 times so someone can pretend they have class.

I want to play a good game thats both fun and challenging. Car games, like it or not, are very closely related to platformers like sonic (which is terrible for its own reasons), but with all mechanics stripped from them.

>we're never getting another cell shaded racing game

Jesus user, I loved the look of auto modelista too, but the driving was fucking terrible

It'd be nice to see a new (good) racing series that isn't obsessed with photo-realistic graphics though. We already have so many
>gran turismo
>forza motorsports/horizon
>need for speed
>asetto corse
>project cars
>dirt/grid
>the crew

That's what you get when you throw ignore realism.

>Realistic track racer
Trash. Horizon is the only racing game I give a shit about anymore.

>throw ignore realism

I got really good at racing games, a few simple rules usually get anyone a podium finish (dont crash, avoid other players, dont take risks). But lets say I suck since it doesnt matter anyways, lets consider two good players playing the game. You and your Dad.

You and your Dad compete and the difference is usually only a few milliseconds providing you have the same cars on a well practiced track. Which player was better? 5:32:002? Or 5:32:004? Your dad braked for 00:00:002 seconds less than you on the last turn, was that skill? Shouldn't the skill gap be more than 2 thousandths of a second? What if you could make it so that racing, completeing the track took real skill? Also, Im advocating for a racing game that is rich in features, not graphics. So you and your dad could still race do sweet drag races and circuits.

Most racing games are dead though and player count drops as soon as they are a month past release, few stick around past screenshot threads at release. Someone needs to make a racing game that grabs my attention, and makes me want to play it for years. You and your dad may be able to play Whiplash on windows 95 forever, but Im kind of out of luck here.

HAve you played the Initial D games, those are great fun and keep the artsyle of the anime/manga
NO, the game is great despite that. Put in the engine, and career progression from NFS:MW with auto modelista graphics and aftermarket parts and I'd throw my wallet in your face

only looks good in the rain tho

PC is starved for arcade/kart racers.

That and board game type games.

> 30fps
No it looks shit in motion

Open world racers are great. I keep hoping for a new Midnight Club or Tokyo Xtreme Racer, personally

No PS3 or functioning iD machines near me, sadly

Kart racers are fucking terrible.

more like there is no demand for that crap.

vehicle combat is fun, but combat racing is stupid.

There are a couple on ps2 you can emulate, try em out

>tfw Horizon 4 is pretty much guaranteed to be set in Japan
>Add on is gonna be mechs or some crazy shit

>japan
Holy shit don't play with my heart this late at night, user. If they did that and made their own JDM freeways like the C1 loop and the Wangan I'd explode
I love Forza Horizon but the games really need more freeway space for high speed bullshit

Playground Games has two games in development. You never know, they could be making their own fast racer.

two of my friends moved to work in playground games.
I'll know if it will be japan soon enough. You´re gonna have to wait.
Besides AC tougays and wangan are better than forzas shitty handling and lack of steering wheel support.

Watching this while listening to Pan Daijing makes me wonder: why are there no horror driving games?

It was.

You are retarded let me enjoy my cars in peace

Is DriveClub even good?

And my dad works for nintendo

It actually is, you do need the season pass to ''fully'' enjoy it though but its a solid game, the launch was just rough but now its good