What the fuck did I just watch?

what the fuck did I just watch?
if I'm understanding it correctly, Helen(the teacher) was Sam Neill's "ideal" version of his wife, while the amorphous blob was Anna's ideal that eventually turns into Sam Neill after he gets himself killed trying to cover her crimes up?

You forgot to add the "t"

I too enjoy watching movies instead of playing video games.

lol sorry fellas
everybody, just let this thread die

No.

What would a Possession game be like?

chaika on the front page?

tap X to dance in an underground walkway like you're possessed

I don't want to. I say it should live

the crazy thing is that this thread is going to get more posts than when I repost it to Sup Forums

MODS PIN THIS

>is this lovecraftian

Hey fuckin RETARD, this is Sup Forums dumbass. Not Sup Forums like you seem to have THOUGHT it was. Now GTFO.

OP has a better chance of discussing movies here than Sup Forums lite these days.

Why aren't there any good horror games?
The best that comes close are games that have good gameplay with horror tagged on, like STALKER, Deadspace, or Fear.

lol i knew Sup Forums fags had pleb taste

Literally nobody itt mentioned Jews.

in my defense, I am very drunk

Oh gosh this is so kino. This is so cinemacore. So core.

God I hate this shit,

because jump scares don't work as well when you have agency
in movies, you have to sit there and take it
in games, you can either fuck them up of fuck off before they catch you

he'd be lucky to survive if he posted it on /po/

Just joking with you dog, Sup Forums is a cesspool anyways.

Good horror movies don't have jump scares though; they rely on the creepiness of the setting and the haunting concepts to instill horror into the viewer.

There was one for the ps2 but I forgot the name

Dishonored also has it as a mechanic

true
I'm just saying that most horror games rely on jump scares as well, which work even worse in games than in movies

KAFKAESQUE
LOVECRAFTIAN
why is Sup Forums so prone to shitposting?

Stop with this fucking meme. Good movies can have jumpscares what separates a good one from a shit one is how effective they are when it comes to buildup and payoff. A sudden loud screech after a character pats someone on the back out of the blue is bad but the facehugger scene in Alien is a jumpscare done well because you know something is going to happen but you're sitting there agonizing when.

>look at me being all movie expert because I parrot everything RLM and that fuckhead Baumann says

because you have to watch the things you shitpost about in order to have real conversations about them

it's not Sup Forums if it doesn't have cunny

No, it's here now and so are you. Forever.

>it's kafkaesque

sick burn

dude beer lmao

holy fuck, what the hell is that thing that's replacing the cute squidgirl's upper body?

is this lovecraftian

Y'know what this thread needs?

Sneed

Once Baneposting took off it brought in a whole truckload of people desperate to be behind the next big meme. Can't even have Simpson threads there anymore thanks to those assholes and those used to be the best threads on that board.

noice

I don't suppose someone here has seen the movie?

I just read the wikipedia page for it, sounds like it's pretty shit.

This is my home now

Well, it's literally a film adaptation of one of his stories, so i guess so?

Hey, I saw the movie and I liked it.

I did too and I thought it sounded great

You watched the best film by Andrzej Zulawski, who unfortunately passed away a couple year ago

I've watched it a few times. Incredible atmosphere

roll roll roll

We have better movie discussion than Sup Forums anyway. Don't tell Sup Forums posters.

but it looks more kafkaesque

I really loved how Izabelle Ajani played both of the love interests. Didn't even understand it at first.

7 vaganias

Sup Forums stinks anyway

Just about every board has better Sup Forums discussions than Sup Forums.

she was perfect in this movie
I can't believe how well she played both batshit crazy and wholesome at the same time

Roland

Isabelle Adjani was so fucking hot in this movie.

I remember watching this and that James Bond movie with Sophie Marceau as a young lad, and that gave me a lifelong fetish for French girls.

Goddamn, French girls are so perfect.

A classic atmospheric-horror.

tbqh, a little bit proud of Sup Forums tonight for picking this up and rolling with it.

Messiah. Look it up.

I watched Lake Mungo on RLM's recommendation and it was kinda shit. Felt like it was from the director that has seen Twin Peaks and wanted to do something similar to it in spirit, unsuccessfully.

>All these plebs watching Possession just because Jay mentioned it in Half in the Bag

I liked it, great atmosphere

He's talking about Sup Forums, where they talk more about race and sjws then tv.

Sup Forums gets like that sometimes but its gotten better

I'll admit it, I didn't even know the movie existed before seeing it on RLM
but does the original reason for seeing it matter when you actually watch it and enjoy it?

I've watched it in 2010 because it was touted as a classic example of eurotrash

Not really since it's a great movie. I'd recommend watching Roman Polanskis Repulsion if you liked Possession, it has a similar kind of atmosphere.

Sup Forums is a malignant cancer anyway.

I saw it once a long time ago. I definitely need to rewatch it closer to halloween

this is what real life anime would be like
its not bad

>you too can abuse young girls under the guise of art had you only gone to film school

>Discovering movies through YouTube reviewers
Not even once.

Did anyone watch this movie? How do you feel it compared to Aronofsky's other films?

What are some other films with cute girls being mistreated?

And you don't even have to do it on camera in Hollywood.