Doki Doki Literature Club

ddlc.moe
Mark my words this game will be the next big streamer/youtuber let's play game when it launches on steam. Not that that's a bad thing, it was pretty close to video game kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13990170
youtube.com/watch?v=t-uU1awamtY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Natsuki best girl.

Yuri best girl

>that preface
this has to be an eversion bait and switch
oh look at that

Hell yeah

>By playing doki doki literature club you agree that you are at least 13 years of age, and you constent to your exposure of highly disturbing content
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>not voiced

kek
i feel sorry for the guy doing the CD, his art is good enough to make money.

if you played the game you would understand why it would be literally impossible to do voicing

Has anyone gotten different endings yet? I've only gotten the one and I know someone else that got the same one. It seems like it railroads you into it, but I haven't really played enough yet to see.

>that scene when you're baking together

I'm going to commit a crime

Care to explain?

Im certain that
There is only one ending. But you don't need that, you just need Monika

not without severe spoilers. it plays with the fact that a lot of it is text.

This shit was dope, a shame you need multiple runs to get every story and art

Can someone post the final song? i need that shit in my life

I'm currently lying awake trying to calm myself back to sleep after having watched this game. Its just so good. I've already recommended it to a friends and I feel like an absolute monster for doing so.

>Sup Forums still can't recognize shill threads for shit

Totono did it first

Yuri > Monika > Natsuki > Sayori

Also if it weren't for Persona this'd be GOTY

so what's this game's gimmick? does it get super dark or something?

Pretty much, but it does it in a cool way.

Natsuki is mai waifu

Does this even have H-scenes?

>shill thread
>game is literally free

I mean I guess I could be making them some donation money.

Enjoy your loli becoming a walrus grade fatty on cupcakes 8 years from now

Explain.

Looking at it looks like just another le creepy! game.

No

So is it possible for a game to be creepy without being le creepy

It makes sense, just believe its a short vn

Gonna map the credits song on osu! lads

Do it please, i need this

I just downloaded it, the art is cute.
Are there jumpscares?

Sort of but nothing to bad

Its more just gore than jump scares.

Are there loud noises? I can deal with gross imagery, but loud noises freak me out.

How long is this in hours?
1?
8?

Closer to 8, more like 6 to 7

Some of the music can get pretty disturbing, but only 1 or 2 times does it ever drastically increase the volume.

there is not a single jumpscare in the entire game.

the closest thing to it is a dramatic reveal of something spooky that is built up for like ten seconds before it happens. it's not like you'll just be minding your own business and BAM!, jumpscare.

But it is a game that makes you very uneasy and worry that there's an impending jumpscare at all times, even though there never is one.

unfortunately no. wait for the fanart

1.5 to 2.5

four or five hours if you're not reading at molasses speed.

There are no screams or anything like that, it will occasionally play something loud. The sounds it plays at that point are like TV static sounding.

That's not entirely accurate. There are more than a few occasions where something suddenly changes dramatically and disturbingly, but its not a full on jump scare. Very few of these moments have accompanying sounds and they don't take up the entire screen or anything.

strawpoll.me/13990170

so this is just a thread for the developer to shill his game right

i have to hand it to you, the artist really knows what he's doing. I wish I had someone that good to work on my stuff. I love my artist, but it's just a hobby of his, not his fulltime job like it appears to be for this guy

I would be surprised if Dan Salvato were on Sup Forums, pretty sure he's shilling it via Twitter and the Super Smash Bros Melee community

Ah.
Kind of wish my product were a game.
It seems so easy to shill and there's so many places to do it.

There's no way Dan isn't in this thread

>"creepy game"
>check the HTML script
>no easter egg comments
2/10, you didnt even try.

Ok I got bored of it about 20 minutes in
Yuri is cute but I don't really want to have to go 6 hours in for the main point of the game to kick in

I checked readme before playing but it's just a normal readme
Unless it changes after finishing the game which is possible it's kinda sad

Is there a tactic to getting the poems off your screen? I would just click on the words randomly until it went away, and if I didn't do that it would take forever.

Dan Salvato made this game?
The same one that made FrankerFaceZ and is constantly being salty about GDQ not wanting his All Melon runs?

I remember seeing his """Hype Vid""" spammed on here all the fucking time, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if that was his doing and would explain some of the shilling.
youtube.com/watch?v=t-uU1awamtY

DDLC really isn't anything particularly special, it's a cheap Totono rip off with very mediocre and generic writing.
It might be okay if you are exclusively talking about the OELVN market, but it's not like it has a whole lot of quality competition there when the cream de la cream is garbage like Dream Daddy

Takes about an hour, but yeah the beginning is boring as fuck.

fotm “metagame” vn

do we have any reason to believe he sticks his head into this cesspool? I know coney and wobbles have confirmed it but not a lot of other smash people.

Dan if you're in this thread, reveal yourself!

There are text files the game adds as you play but no readme changes.

>Mouse wheel doesn't bring history up
This shit is standard in VNs for over a decade
What the hell

>expecting western devs trying to cash in on Youtuber bucks know anything about VNs

Does this game have multiple routes?

the writing is better than Totono lol are you saying Totono was less generic?

it goes into different territory from Totono as well , I don't remember Totono having LEGITIMATE SPOILER WARNING a final boss where you need to edit your system files in order to complete the game

Is it possible to have equal score for two girls in that poetry writing thing?
Does anything happen?

I got fucked up when Monika said my real name

>Windows User Account is named Patrick Bateman
>become very confused by that part, not remembering that my User account was named that

don't tell me RMB and MMB both do nothing

I always find it amusing when games do it since mine is called sensei
Are account names being the same as user name actually popular or something?

They both hide text box (:

I usually see it done with shared family computers, but yeah I've seen other people do it as well.

I mean it's probably deepest one of them all
After all just because you can do something doesn't mean you will or that the effect will be great
It may be direct but it carries the most of message

I actually liked this poem desu and all of the other ones I was just like "yeah okay whatever."

tfw the prettiest girl in school will never bend reality to become your gf

>tfw you will never get high on drugs that come from a box labeled "Drug" with Madotsuki

btw, the knifeplay fetish stuff reminded me a lot of some of the more strange Yume Nikki fan art I've seen

So I just opened Yuri .chr file and decoded it
Is this shit spoilers or I can read it before anything funky happens?

So I just decided to check other files
Monika and Natsuri are images
Sayori is some sort of sound file
So far this shit is baby tier
I had more problems decoding shitty /mlp/ tumblr
At least it required me to decode sound messages the same way they did it in NASA during moon mission

Anyone got the OST?

Just extract it

I've been playing this shit for an hour and nothing is happening, im bored out of my mind. When does this get going?

haha man it's pretty hard to miss. i read pretty quickly and it took about 45~ minutes for shit to kick in

saw this thread, just beat it.
natsuki is a bitch i didnt even see her path
i liked it.

I dunno man she's smartest person in this game
It's not hard but still

Sayori just killed herself, i reloaded to see what would happen and all my save data got erased and Sayori is deleted, am I gonna have to redownload the game to continue past the suicide vanilla?

Nah dude keep going, don't worry about that just yet

I am doing Yuri route now and she just came out about depression
How long till I see her hanging body?

So was it all just a statement on how women aren't worth dealing with?

What are chances I can pull off threesome ending if I do this?

RestartTopContext: Oh jeez...I didn't break anything, did I? Hold on a sec, I can probably fix this...I think...
Actually, you know what? This would probably be a lot easier if I just deleted her. She's the one who's making this so difficult. Ahaha! Well, here's goes nothing.

>Disturbing content warning
Well that kinda gives the game away. I hate it when these "spooky" games give up the facade straight away

It's not worth risking trouble for not putting something in, and having some faggots flag you for inappropriate content. Can't advertise yourself like it's a H vn either, so I can understand why they did what they did. I will say the game gives that warning way too fucking often. It's in the intro, and before you start the game, along with the download page and the goddamn preview video

Yeah, people are a bit too soft to not include warnings like that. Still kinda annoying.

What happens if I manually delete a character? I'm really curious to see what happens if I delete Monika but i dont wanna start over again

>Press history when Yuri says something quickly
huh

What's the history button, and what does it say?

History is button on bottom of text box that shows log
It showed some glitchy image of blonde girl with twintails or something

at the second playthrough after the first end?

Yeah
It could also be that I just double clicked by mistake
The wonders of fastest text speed

>Game is literally your fetish
The only time I'd ever read a VN.

Speaking of which, did anyone else reload the game after pres told us to save? The text was altered slightly from what I remember, and it gave me a prompt saying I should just skip everything I've already read...

10/10 would pick her after deleting save

Sell me on this Sup Forums. As I understand it, it's Totono but with someone you CAN'T date instead of someone you can?