This is why zelda gets goty. note this UBI

This is why zelda gets goty. note this UBI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=glvCy3dH27Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>A feature you can only appreciate if you stand in place for hours instead of playing the game

UBI shill got btfo

>stand in place for hours

About 2-3 minutes at most, depending on how long it's supposed to rain in-game.

No, idiot.

WAIT WHAT THERES RAIN PUDDLES IN THE GAME HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS

>Create an advanced system using the elements and their reactions
>Don't bother making any puzzles or really any meaningful gameplay revolve around this new chemistry system
Is Nintendo retarded?

What does UBI mean?

BotW is a testing ground for future open world Zelda games, if anything.

Usain Bolt Is for ___

This is actually not that special, once you realize the entire game map for BotW has an ocean lying underneath it.

Not knocking it, because it's definitely a cool feature, but it's something the world is framed around.

Actually you could use the puddle of water to topple over the guardians using cryonis to scavenge the parts underneath them.

That's a pretty clever way to do it. Expasion that floods the whole world when?

This is after Wind Waker though.

Ubisoft. OP called them out because they're well known for open world games like Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and Watch Dogs.

There was that one shrine quest where you had to wait for a sheikah tower to cast its shadow over the shrine platform. That was pretty sweet.

So?
There can be another flood

Oh wow cool, can you do anything interesting with the water? Is there a water rune? Can you dive in it? No? Swimming is shallow and drains stamina really quickly (even if you have the Zora Armor equipped)? You can't even properly fish? Oh...

>Is there a water rune?
Yes there is you fucking retard, it's even been mentioned in this thread already.

T-that's too rational of you, user. It's not like that shirt is even in game anyway, and Koroks aren't proof enough of a timeline for me when there are also locations like Lon Lon Ranch.

You stop Hyrule from flooding in BotW, actually, the elephant was the only divine beast wreaking enough shit to be a threat to Hyrule, the Bird just shot down flying furfags, the chameleon just bothered the gorons and the camel is stuck on the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

*also on PC

>Dynamic water levels aren't enough
What game are you even comparing this to in your head? What the fuck do you care if someone appreciates this game?

D-dang that's cool. As a PC gamer I bow my head to Nintendo on this one.

Nah, the elephant was in a lake, it only had as much water as that lake could hold.

*exclusively on Bruce Wayne's PC

I think the King Dophan is the one that tells you Zora's domain is in danger and Hyrule too due to the water levels rising fast.

Not him but it doesn't take a particularly beefy PC, just a lot of RAM (if us8ng nvidia cards, and AMD card have graphical errors in Cemu), and preferably a CPU with a high clockspeed. I managed to get it running mostly stable 30 on a ~$500 PC. I do own the game on Wii U anyway though as honestly Cemu isn't a very good emulator, there's a few glitches and it seems to always have framepacing issues no matter what you do.

We been knew?

The environment and interaction of said environments are unmatched in BOTW.

Easily the most sophisticated game design ever.

>Sony drones are STILL butthurt

That lack of contrast is giving me eye cancer
People think it looks good?

That's still a lot when you count in energy usage. And the AC expended to cool your house from the PC's heat.

That's OoT but I will give you BotW is still up there.

>PCs hot enough to warm up a room
>enough to turn on the AC

Do you still use punchcards user

Yeah, it's just clearly not a risk of the entire kingdom flooding because you can see for yourself how big the reservoir Vah Ruta is in.

Wait until BotW gets the MM to its OoT.

Reminds me of modding the ocean level in GTA games.

At $500 I think any PC must vent nauseating levels of heat exhaust to play BotW.

It doesn't tend to look good in scresnshots, better on a TV with slightly bumped up contrast. In cemu you can use a "contrasty" graphics pack as wel although it can makes things look a bit off. I generally like the style though, it looks gorgeous at night.
My PC is very low power consumption, both cpus and gpus lately have gotten extraordinarily low in terms of power draw. My GPU for example has a TDP of only around 120W, and that's under full load (it rarely comes close to that, especially whilst emulating which is more CPU-intensive). Since the GPU draws the most power out of all other components, i'd be surprised if my PC uses any more than 200W on average.

Cryonis rune is incredibly shallow, it just detects a water surface and puts a pillar of ice on top of it. It doesn't actually manipulate the water at all. There's like one or two points in the elephant divine beast where it can block a stream of water if you point it at exactly the right spot, which was almost certainly specifically scripted for that part. You could let it be used on any surface and it wouldn't make a lick of difference. If anything it would help since cryonis is the most useless rune, and I've seen a lot of players (myself included) forget it even exists half the time.

Dynamic water levels mean jack shit to the gameplay, and I'm more complaining about how bad the water/swimming is compared to OoT/MM/TP/SS. It basically regressed back to Wind Waker where it feels like shit. It also shares Wind Waker's lack of real fishing mechanics.

Oh, yeah that's right, I was just pointing out that a flood was totally possible.

Top kek

You're completely clueless about hardware, cheaper components always use LESS power. You only need high watts and a high wattage PSU if buying top-end performance hardware, like a fucking 1080ti and i9 processor. But even mid-high tier performance is rarely going to need more than a 550W PSU these days as power draw has gone way down with components lately. I don't even get what your problem is, it's already been brought up that cemu is a bit of a pain anyway so there's no need for the butthurt.
>moving the goalposts this fucking hard
Wow, just wow. You outright stated there is no water rune, whilst there is. On top of that, see as as example of how you'd use it here. It really is fucking embarrassing how shitposters have to stretch the truth this much in a desperate attempt to make the game look bad.

I fucking hate swimming in BOTW, even with a fully upgraded Zora Armor you are slow, you can't even dive. It might be due to the open world nature of the game and that they were lazy fucks that couldn't model the sea.

Exactly. That kind of attention to detail is what makes navigating BotW's world so special.

That's why cryonis exists, makes travelling across lakes way easier/quicker. It's also very useful for climbing waterfalls in the rain if you don't have the zora armour yet.

I'm just baiting mate. Calm down.

Why didn't I ever think of thiiiiiiiiiis!

The lack of a dive function I feel is a knee jerk reaction to the reception of swimming in SS.
The way that your controls changed when swapping from surface swimming to underwater swimming in that game was absolutely retarded so instead of repeating that mistake they probably just designed around not having it.

Can you use cryonis on that puddle?
Does the Cryonis pillar breaks when the puddle disappears or it just stays there?

>Can you use cryonis on that puddle?
Yes you can
>Does the Cryonis pillar breaks when the puddle disappears or it just stays there?
That is a genuinely good question, I'd assume so but I've no idea.

I guess, but if it weren't for the slight reduction to stamina consumption it would be useless.

I never had a hard time with SS's controls, even with a motion+ knock off, but if thwy wanted to remove swimming, they should have removed it, or at least not feature the zora armor, that shit allowed you to be a Zora.

fucking beautiful man

BotW's little touches were cool, but they didn't make the actual game any less of a boring slog

>You outright stated there is no water rune, whilst there is

Calling it a water rune is incredibly disingenuous when it does nothing with the actual water. Again, all it does is detect if there's a water surface. If there is you can spawn a pillar, if not then you can't. I'm not even specifically eager to harp on semantics when I really just wanted to highlight how fucking awful Breath of the Wild's water is.

>On top of that, see as as example of how you'd use it here

That is an incredibly rare/niche implementation, there are so many easier/faster ways to kill guardians that it's really not worth harping on except as an "oh, that's kinda neat" moment.

>shitposters
You have no idea what shitposting means. It doesn't mean "criticizing games I like". It doesn't even mean disagreeing on basic facts. It means making intentionally low-quality posts to disrupt the discussion. If anything your complaints about shitposting and "wow, just wow" are more like shitposting than anything you're actually complaining about.

Surface level travel is not the same as diving, go play OoT/MM/TP/SS again. SS probably being the weakest example because of the controls, but underwater swimming is underwater swimming.

I think they just didn't want to put the resources into it and have to deal with the physics implications. Same thing with properly underground caves/tunnels. BotW had a lot of time and resources into it but it's a bit like SS where they put an incredible amount of work into one specific area (in BotW's case the physics, in SS's the motion controls) while neglecting everything else.

I disagree

BotW is a barren wasteland that isn't even a Zelda game, and I am sad that all future Zeldas will be just like it because of how successful it was.

>there are so many easier/faster ways to kill guardians
Not talking about killing them you illitirate moron. I'm around 80% sure you haven't played the game with all the nonsense and backpedalling you're spouting.

WW was barren, even TP/OoT as far as their overworlds were concerned, BotW is not.

>you haven't played the game

You're so predictable, you know that? Can't handle that someone doesn't 100% love the thing you love so it HAS to be fake, it has to be shitposting, they didn't play the game, they didn't play it correctly, they weren't paying attention, etc etc etc. Learn to accept that other viewpoints exist or at least do a better job of arguing against them.

yes, you can.

what people always fail to realize is that you are provided countless chances to experiment with the runes.

During rains, cryonis is a godsend because it's effective against guardians and their beams as obstructions, shields and disabling weapons if you're skilled enough.

I've seen gameplay footage all over youtube of people not even aware of the crazy applications for bombs and stasis while the only thing people have the slightest appreciation for is magnesis just because they know it's use in getting metallic treasure chests.

It's in my honest opinion that it's due to the over-reliance on what to expect out of magnesis yet they're all too simple-minded to realize what the point of the windmills are, the purpose of the propagating birds that fly overhead and the storm/heat/cold systems aside from the surface-level nonsense of changing clothing.

>constant rain and ugly weather is the reason it's GotY
It's more the reason why I almost hated the whole game and dropped it, even though I loved almost everything else.

He's right though, the picture clearly shows dead guardias, if you tip them over with cryonis you can pick up more materials than normally, and after a few posts you didn't seem to understand, you may have not played it.

That's not at all how it is, there are definite flaws with the game but your posts are so over-the-top that it comes across as generic shitposting. Not to mention the incorrect things you keep stating. Like, look at OP's pics, do they look like active guardians at all? You can't even topple over a live guardian with cryonis ffs. You're just embarrassing yourself.

F-Fuck off!
I DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY THIS SHIT GAME ANYWAY!!!

Okay, I will admit I thought they were referring to bringing over living guardians and knocking them over, I understand the still very specific and niche point they were trying to make. Does not take away from my main point at all that Breath of the Wild's water is terrible.

For the record, not being an absolute expert about a game's physics doesn't mean you haven't played it, if anything most players would learn about that kind of stuff from outside sources. I've replayed games I thought I was 100% knowledgeable about and found out things that shocked me.

>shitposting

Again, that's not what shitposting means. Please stop.

Kill yourself.

Explain: windmills, birds, cold/heat more plz

..... yes you can. it's just that it requires stunning and loss of some legs which can be achieved with 1 or 2 well-placed shots.

there's a marsh on the way to near zora's domain (the one that's got a wealth of fleet-loyus seeds) that has a mobile guardian that you can practice on.

mind your use of lightning arrows and lynel bows as it's easy to ruin a shot due to AoE on lightning or the extra arrows striking unintended legs prematurely.

Wait, what do windmills affect? Do they make you glide faster or keep you cool or something? I agree, though,the average player seems to miss a lot of the nuances in this game, especially the physics and "chemistry engine" stuff, which has an unprecedented amount of depth to it

Huh, learn something new everyday.
Alright, I was wrong to imply you were a shitposter, it's just frustrating to try and discuss things with someone that apparently isn't even reading posts properly, let alone that showed a lack of knowledge of the topic.

Yeah I figured, though, with so much shitposting you never know.

I don't know much about the game either, all I know I discovered it myself, I had 1 month free, nothing else to do but play it, and still I didn't try everything, it may have awful water but most of it is pure fun, experimenting with the game is great, like that shrine that opened only with the shadow of a cryonis pillar, I tried rolling snowballs, picking up a snowball and using it's shadow, throwing a snowball, I used ice arrows, then I felt stupid after wasting 30 minutes.

i think he means that ice arrows one-shots fire-creatures and stuff you freeze in cold areas stay frozen longer?
i know fire arrows also one-shots ice enemies and prepping some food is easier by dropping food on cold r hot areas.
i never thought of the birds for anything other than window dressing.
i never paid enough mind to windmill in hateno to give a fuck unless he means something i skipped. i only did three beasts before clearing, so i dunno.

The shrine in Gerudo Highlands? I didn't know cryonis could be used too, I used a snowball. That's pretty interesting.

>Huh, learn something new everyday.
you can bully Guardians in so many different ways. It never gets old.

I like luring a guardian towards a stone talus, then getting them to fight - the talus always wins by punching the guardian a mile into the distance.

You're supposed to use snowballs since they're right next to the book with the riddle, but they seemed to have intentionally put a puddle there so you could also solve it with cryonis.

That too is fun.

Yes that one, but does it work with snowballs? You gotta be shitting me, I tried so many times and it never worked.

My octo balloons have never done that, they just stay there floating in mid air no matter what I do

rain and then the same screen shot 3 times? what am i not seeing

Look at Hyrule Castle, when you see it...

It was released as a full game you retard. They had plenty of time in development to do 'testing'. Are nintenbros really this fucking delusional?
Go jerk off to your shirtless mario you fucking faggot.

>My octo balloons have never done that,
did you tie one to a bomb and use a strong wind attack on it?

the water level of the puddles lowers as the weather gets dryer.

>Variable weather effects
Wow, it's like it's 8 years ago again.

Yes, first thing I tried, I'm starting to thing my game is either glitched or I am too shit to do that basic stuff.

>wind carries cold and heat
>water, fire and ice change the property of the terrain and the materials
>all done seamlessly
>featured on a game 8 years ago

Name one game

Who cares how it was done? The concept alone is impressive.

He's probably going to say like farcry 2 or something even though that only has the wind effects and not done nearly as effectively.

That's actually surprising

That was a charged attack by the leaf in the webm, did you try that?

No, Nintendo is brilliant. Most fanbases form opinions about the game's features then praise them accordingly. Nintendo fans from praises prematurely and then search for features to apply these praises to.

When Nintendo fan buys a new game from their beloved company, it's one of their favorites before the plastic packaging is removed. Nintendo fans love the game like a classic before it's even released.

Post's like OP's are written before an example picture is found, I guarantee you.

That's really fucking impressing, I never noticed this in my run though

Imagine being this jaded

>Nintendo doesn't make good games, you think they are, but they aren't

>>Don't bother making any puzzles or really any meaningful gameplay revolve around this new chemistry system
Gerudo beast is laughing at you

That's a really clever way of making the same environment feel like a new place. BotW does so many neat little things, love it.

>it's one of their favorites before the plastic packaging is removed
Lol, is that why fans hate the recent Paper Mario games, Metroid Federation Force or the other bullshit Nintnedo has pulled recently?

Nintendo makes amazing games, most of the time. Deal with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=glvCy3dH27Y
don't.

I think that user meant that Nintendo was experimenting a lot with BoTW. My guess is they wanted to see just how far they could go with Zelda and still have it resonate. Hell, some of the earlier ideas were even less "Zelda" than BoTW

Why? Because it was the only beast that took more than 5 minutes to beat? Even then it was a 10 minute ordeal at most.

The "temples" in this game were fucking easy. ESPECIALLY if you got that faggot's gale, which breaks a lot of puzzles in this game.

It's a timeline merge if anything.

BOTW seems like a sequel to LoZ more than Zelda 2, LttP, or OoT.

It has a lot of flaw, but's it's up there with the best Zelda titles. Stil though, lack of new equipment, many puzzles feeling very very similar, easy main story, easy bosses, easy final boss, and some really forgettable characters hold it back. And the longer I think about the game in retrospect, the more flaws appear and tar the image.

The sequel definitely needs less Shrines, and more and longer dungeons.