Is it about time for him to hang it up?

Is it about time for him to hang it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YneqewcVLVY&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that Gamedude?

maybe

that last one was arguably one of the worst videos he's ever done

but then again the game was sort of just mediocre bad, not terribad or a popular common trap from back in the day like the first TMNT game

there's only so much you can do with that

bald

yes

This one was unusually bad. Like an experiment gone wrong. I knew shit wasn't right when he said, "THE BUTTONS THEY DO NOTHING." He just needs to go back to the basics where he holds a beer in his hand and talks about a shitty game. Like his Silver Surfer and Independence Day videos. This time with PS1 and later era games.

I liked

no, it's time for him to move on to ps1/n64 games for the most part and do less 2d games.

ITT 19 year olds who will be bald in 10 years laugh at a bald 29 year old man for being bald

not at all

newest felt a bit rushed and clunky, but the game boy accessories one was excellent

He already kinda did, he just makes them once in a while just to please fans, and i'm fine with that.

29?

james rolfe was born in 1980, which makes him 37 years old

Is he seriously out of bad games? He complained about not knowing the controls, despite the game being from an era where instruction manuals were a thing. He bitched about weird puzzles, despite how prevalent they were in gaming at the time. And that segment dedicated to getting mad that the character doesn't drown was Irate Gamer levels of bad. The sharks didn't look that hard to dodge.

This game looked fine. I would never play it myself, but I can imagine some people have fond memories of it. The only reason that he could have chosen an average platformer would be for the obvious punchline: the contest is over! [laugh emoji]

He's like 40.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt because he just had another kid, so he's probably been busy, and rushed it out.

it's BEEN time for him to hang it up but he's too much of a pussy to give up his shitty e fame and pursue a career he actually likes

>despite the game being from an era where instruction manuals were a thing

He's quoted as saying "who reads manuals?"

damn I know he's been doing it for a while but still, fucking time man
so he must've started doing AVGN when he was like 25
seems a little old to be getting started on it but i guess it worked out sorta

dan from game grumps is old as shit too but doesnt really look it

Well, he did pursue directing. Films have always been his passion. You can see his desire to be a director in the later Nerd and Board James episodes.

I don't think his directing career is going anywhere.

For some reason he can't act. Not in a natural way at least. Also, it seems he doesnt know how to build the angry factor in the videos.

>Well, he did pursue directing.

No he didn't. He made a shitty movie with his fans money. He never got a job working at a movie production company, he never took on an apprenticeship, he never formed connections with people in the industry or did any networking. Frankly Im not fully convinced he finished or even went to film school.

He's the exact kind of poser asshole who thinks just because you consume a lot of something that's the same as being an enthusiast or expert. He's every phoney with a shitty camera who thinks their the next kubrick.

>10 minutes of literally yelling terrible jokes at the camera
>kept calling the game shit when he gave no examples of his reasonings
>the game wasn't even that bad of a game
Is this the same guy even? What happened to him?

>their

18 actually

>Irate Gamer complained about the alien in Contra coming out of nowhere
>it's mentioned in the manual
>he doesn't read the manual because who reads manuals?
Holy shit, he really is becoming Chris Bores.

Also, instruction manuals were awesome. NES manuals often had these badass hand drawings of the creatures that made the game seem like it was going to be like playing a Katsuhiro Otomo game. Not to mention, THAT'S WHERE THE CONTROLS ARE LISTED. Would he pick up a modern game and complain that he doesn't know what the controls do? Granted, tutorials are common, but NES games had limited space. Why waste memory explaining something that can be printed on paper?

He's embracing his baldness like a champ, though.

When is he gonna shave his head and admit that he's bald

I didn't say he was successful in pursuing directing. I was saying he made an attempt to be a director and failed so hard that he probably won't ever recover. The Nerd is his only claim to fame, so he keeps crawling back to it despite resenting the character. He's kinda like the author from Misery, in a very vague way.

We're in agreement here, guy.

well now I know what a receding hairline looks like year after year,thank user

After Doug Walker does

Yes, mediocre episode especially since the Gameboy accessories one was bretty good.

I liked it.

Time to deep six avgn and focus on something new

Wow what an asshole

That photo is in poor taste

Either he didn't fucking care at all with this one or just really didn't know how to make this premise not a duplicate of Swordquest or any of the other 100 videos hes made with this character. The gameboy accessory video was fun though so I'm not sure if its time to pack it up just yet I WANNA BE SEDATED BY A GAMEBOY

This. He's gone on record like seven years ago saying that he was pretty much done with AVGN but he'll keep doing it anyway because his fans want it and he's too nice of a guy to quit. He probably could have retired years ago, assuming his cunt of a wife didn't JUST him yet.

Why do you spam this retard so hard? Whoever watches anything by him because of your threads is going to drop him after one video. He's never made anything worth watching. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I think he's trying to bring the show back to it's roots but it's not quite working out as it used to. In the old days he made these episodes for fun and now he probably makes these to get cash from their audience that likes every episode, even the shitty ones. nice ribbon queen

Reminder that Shinichi Shimomura was a pseudonym for Shigesato Itoi

god damn, I miss that mother fucker.

fedora post of the year award...

>that last one was arguably one of the worst videos he's ever done
yeah, arguably because it wasn't even CLOSE to the worst videos he's done

>He's every phoney with a shitty camera who thinks their the next kubrick
Expect james isnt like that.

Oh fuck off. The fedora stereotype is used by pseudo intellectuals to discredit actual intellectuals.

Except he completely is. If he cared half as much as he said he did about this shit he'd have dropped this shit and gone to work in the film industry. He'd have put in the time and effort to work himself up.

Dunno, who is he and what is he hanging up?

>yfw Monster Madness is back

>Implying you're an "actual intellectual"

you sound like you're projecting

this episode was really fucking bad but honestly he's some damn solid ones recently

Well he enjoys making movie reviews so why stop it? I think james should just take break from AVGN and focus on his movie reviews and other projects

No, the time to retire gracefully was years ago. By the time his movie came out the avgn episodes were already shit. Now it's become so pathetic that he should continue doing it just to see how bad it can get.

Watch his Dream Phone review and come back. He can be good. He's capable of being good.

How the AVGN movie turned out so bad is a topic that deserves its own thread. The biggest cancer, no doubt, was the completely unnecessary "straight woman and milquetoast black comic relief" supporting characters that had no reason to exist. They're modern progressive stereotypes meant to satisfy every culture critic in one swoop while also appealing to as many demographics as possible. It's shitty writing and I want to know how such an analytical person fell into such an obvious Hollywood trap.

It's like he wanted to prove he could bat with the big boys by making his movie everything wrong with mainstream filmmaking.

It's definitely made me less excited about the upcoming Irate Game movie coming in 2019.

>actual intellectuals.
fedoralord confirmed

What are his worst Nerd videos then?

AVGN movie was written by Kevin Finn

Do you agree with James?

youtube.com/watch?v=YneqewcVLVY&t=0s

Not really. He likes cheesy horror movies, like Troma shit. Those are the movies he likes and wants to make, not Kubrick level stuff. He doesn't pretend to be deep or anything of the sort.

He sounds so fucking bored in every video and the forced anger is just embarrassing to watch.

>3 minutes of damage control at the beginning

James pls

I had no idea. I feel kinda bad now.

No, he has crap taste. His idea of a perfect movie is horror schlock. I'd rather rather any of those movies over a horror movie.

Fuck the Treasure Master video was horrible.
Not one joke was remotely funny, the flow wasn't there, just mindless ranting and screaming.
Oh and don't forget the OH SO WACKY twist at the end.

The thing with the guys carrying the pane of glass was funny though.

Vidya was never James' passion they were simply a childhood hobby, his real passion was filmmaking and he became popular from his game reviews almost by pure chance and he ran with it until he was sick of it. His passion is corny horror films. The AVGN movie is his magnum opus that flopped.

>In the final episode, the Nerd kills himself because of all the terrible games he's played

>he thinks Devil's Rejects is morally ambiguous
Oh those poor torturers who rape a girl while wearing her father's face. I'm not sure who the real villain is.

YOU KNOW WHATS BULLLLLLLSHIT?

>Matrix
>Pulp
>Godfather
those are good the rest are shit

Well i agree with whole "if you dont like this popular movie you are snob or elitist" is stupid

I had forgotten all about that, what a fucking retard.

>upcoming Irate Game movie coming in 2019.
Please PLEASE tell me you're joking.

More like James is completely burned out on avgn.

He stated several times that he wanted to end it at episode 50, but it just prints money, so he just shits them out to meet demand.

He basically said in one of his commentary videos that he can't understand how people still find the same jokes funny

That, and fans keep making him shitty games they want to see if he freaks out on.

Die a hero or live long enough to become garbage..

James other videos are good though

I remember in the Darkwing duck episode that in the beginning he was going through shitty games and basically saying that even though the games are shitty, they give him no material to work with.

I think that is what is happening right now.

How can I watch this without giving him views?

>Big Lebowski has some good exchanges
>quotes exchanges that are incredibly brief
I love this movie as much as the other fanatics, although I don't think it should be taken as seriously as they do. If someone doesn't like it, then I understand. It isn't and shouldn't be for everyone. I completely understand the overexposure complaint.

However, I think he's looking into it the wrong way. It isn't a "back and forth jokes" kind of movie where it's constant little jokes that make you laugh then disappear. Donny's line "Lebowski? That's your name, dude!" isn't that funny out of context. What makes it one of my favorite jokes is the setup from several minutes before, where Walter gets pissed at Donny for not paying attention. That setup, on its own, is also fairly amusing. But it's the way they build to each other that makes it so funny. All while other jokes are doing the exact same thing. The humor doesn't take a high IQ but it takes investment and focus. It's pretty unforgiving when it comes to spacing out.

Anyways. Back to discussing his hairline.

Why dont you want to give him views? Do you hate james

Where did the hair go?

What made AVGN good back in the day was how he seemed genuinely frustrated at the games and their dumb shortcomings, something he explained in a way we all could agree.

The latest outing is just another 'gotta crank out those ANGRY jokes!' episodes where he embarrassingly tries to sound like he's not reading a script at all. He always has, I know, but he brought it out much more believable back then.

Remember how he said "I'm not going to watch Ghostbusters 2016"

and... he was called a Nazi, misogynistic, racist, bigot, women hater, evil, pathetic, worthless, loser, neckbeard, autistic, basement dweller, scum

So... I really don't blame him for having to put a disclaimer at the start so he doesn't get fucking death threats because he doesn't like Titanic

I will never forgive him for the AVGN movie. Never.

Someone brought up Misery earlier and it fits. All we need is for his number 1 fan to get him in their clutches.

This is so true. Internet can be total dick bags

Mike

it's either the one about trashing those gadgets with that bald dude or the one with the annoying edgy old man trying to be funny

For every inch of Mike that enters James' wife, he loses one hair.

Nah he just needs to be more real. I perfer him reviewing games as himself then his character. James honestly needs a hair transplant.

come on, it was one mistake that james did but he is still great at other stuff even if AVGN has gone downhill

>tfw only 26 but started balding

No widows peak or bald spots, but it'ss visibly thinning

I'm honestly pretty jealous

It was probably also stolen from some other film

Not me I won the hair genetics lottery.

it'll happen to you user