Make best playing MvC to date

>Make best playing MvC to date.
>Kill it with bad publicity and corporate fuckery.

Fuck everything.

>Make best playing MvC to date.
Okay shill.

Tell you what. I'll buy it in a year or two when the ultimate edition is down to 30 bucks.

>Capcom: We learned from SFV and wont make the same mistakes again
>also Capcom: We made even more mistakes than with SFV

I still can't believe capcom hasn't just gave in to fan/customer demand.

It's true though. Like what MvC would you seriously argue plays better? I could only see an argument for MvC2 but that shit gets dragged down by being so ridiculously unbalanced.

MvCI is a proper disappointment but let's be real here it doesn't even come close to the trainwreck that was SFV's launch.

The first MvC.

It's Japanese business philosophy. They don't think the customer is right, ever.

I really want to enjoy Capcom games, especially their fighting games like MvC:Infinite and Street Fighter 5. There is such a huge hate base for their games, but I really REALLY wish Capcom wouldn't keep giving them fucking ammo.

If Capcom just made a game that didn't have any glaring faults, people wouldn't have a reason to complain and the hate would stop.

I'm really fucking worried that the Season 3 and Arcade mode they're going to release for SF5 is going to be super half assed, have no mini-games, rival battles or ending scenes. They really REALLY need to not fuck this up.

And implement some free loot box system like Rainbow Six: Siege that lets you get premium costumes and shit. I don't know, something to alleviate how much paid DLC this game has.

Its somewhat comparable, Infinite has an excellent and functioning netcode on launch as well as arcade and story for casuals, but removed the ability to earn characters and judging from how Monster Hunter was just shown off, all, if not majority of DLC was already finished by the time the game came out. Also much worse graphics and animation than SFV

>And implement some free loot box system like Rainbow Six: Siege
That's the worst idea i've ever heard for this game.
People would bitch to no end. Have you already forgot how people were bitching (and still are) about the fact that characters take too much time to unlock?

In Rainbow Six: Siege, you earn loot boxes by playing the game normally, winning/losing adds 2% to get a loot box up until 100%, every time you win, you roll for a loot box and if you don't succeed, 2% is added to the chance. There is no way to buy additional loot boxes using real cash in any capacity. It's literally just a, "Thanks for playing" kind of thing. Even the things you get out of the loot boxes can be purchased with real money/fun bucks if you don't want to keep grinding for random chances.

Capcom are working an uphill battle. Every mistake they make hurts them twice as much because they've done so many mistakes in the past.

They want to be able to be as greedy as Warner Brothers, but right now they're on people's shitlist so Injustice/MK can get away with shit Capcom can't.

They seriously need to realize that they need to rebuild the trust with fans.

They fucked this game as soon as Chun-Li got revealed to look like a turkish tranny.

>shit models
>shit music
>shit animation

How can I enjoy your gameplay if I am busy puking

>shit animation

Not really, unless you're talking about the shitty story mode which is whatever.

>so Injustice/MK can get away with shit Capcom can't.
Same with Tekken 7.
>7 frames of input delay
>No arcade mode endings/no good arcade mode
>No tutorials at all
>Side modes sold as DLC
>Cosmetic DLC out the ass
>Shitty cinematic storymode
B-But Tekken is the better game, r-right guys?

Who's the grappler function in this game?

Sure, just give it the Capcom brand and now it's good :^)

>And implement some free loot box system like Rainbow Six: Siege

That's a terrible idea for a fighter. Unlockable characters in a shop-like system was the most hated thing in MvC2 plus this game has online making it even less ideal.

This more or less. Some people call out WB on this but the thing is that Capcom was always a major game industry so to see them pull shit like day 1 DLC, DLC on the disc and bullshit story modes along with major disappoints/questionable features it's going to get more of a backlash.

Let's not forget that Capcom tends to forget/neglect a lot of their IPs, even when there's little to no reason for it. (Lost Planet, Red Earth, Rival Schools, Power Stone to name a few)

I called them out on that shit too. I like Tekken because it just better and seemed more interesting than SFV and definitely MvCI. Doesn't stop me from saying that fucking bowling DLC can eat a rotten turd

Maybe it is time for Nintendo vs Capcom?

Yes, keep on dissing the single played content. Cause that helped SFV a lot.

More like it's time for Capcom to sell all their IPs to Nintendo so we can get good games again.

What the fuck is with the voice acting?
Its been a while since I played a AAA game with some this bad

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Fuck is wrong with you niggers? Don't you see how Nintendo treats their IPs let alone having to pay Nintendo tax just to play the few games they'll make for them?

Isn't there some kind of video game voice actor strike?

or is it old news.

Well people gave them shit for those things once the game came out but T7 had such amazing PR before launch that it's drowned out by people starving to play the game finally. Remember T7 was only available in arcade and for NA/EU and etc. it was only brought out to certain events/tournaments so you would get that taste but never the full thing on your own. Really if they did that on purpose then bravo to them because it worked out really well. I'm getting a similar feeling from DBFZ atm as this past beta test was EXTREMELY early I feel but maybe the game will come out around Jan/Feb.

There is, but other companies don't have this problem, just Capcom.

>best
By best I assume you mean "best thing to happen to MVC3 because now it looks good by comparison."

The fact that Capcom thought those models were acceptable in the first place shows you how much they care about quality. It took the entire internet laughing and bitching for them to fix it.

It's still going on. Why do you think games are coming out like DoW3 where they've changed all the voice actors for seemingly no reason.

>Don't you see how Nintendo treats their IPs
Seeing how great Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Samus Returns, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2, I say really damn well.

Now compare that with SFV, REVII, MvCI and Megaman...

The problem with MvC:I is that Capcom seriously thought that their shitty story mode would be enough to appeal to casuals. It was the thing they pushed the absolute hardest. But since the story mode looked horrible it has the opposite effect; cutscenes looked like shit so people naturally assumed the gameplay would be shit as well.

If they had scrapped the shitty story mode and instead focused on polishing the graphics and making the roster bigger this game would have done much better. They could probably have gotten away with no X-men if they had lots of highly demanded characters like Venom on the launch roster. Then they could just have done some kind of simple VN style stories like Guilty Gear.

No one wants to play Mother 4, fuck off

No vergil function no buy

What did he mean by this?

>Unlockable characters in a shop-like system was the most hated thing in MvC2
That's irrelevant. Only like 10 characters at best are actually viable out of the 55 characters MvC2 has. Once you have those 10, there's no reason to unlock any more.

>When's F-Zero?
>When's Kid Icarus?
>When's Golden Sun?
>When's Stafy?
>When's Takamura?
>When's Wario World?
>When's Punch-Out?
>When's Advance Wars?
>When's Custom Robo?
>When's Animal Crossing?
>When's a good Star Fox sequel?
>When's a good Paper Mario sequel?

At least we got some Metroid recognition so there's that...

who's the foot dive function ?

>And implement some free loot box system like Rainbow Six: Siege that lets you get premium costumes and shit. I don't know, something to alleviate how much paid DLC this game has.

That is the stupidest fucking thing I have heard. You already get free characters in SFV and people are complaining about that

This is what I can agree on fully. The Story mode is absolute trash, makes everyone in it look dead and boring and it really makes the lackluster voices stick out. Not only that but not only did the focus on story screw over casual interest, it pissed off hardcore fans of all kinds too in various ways.

If they focused on making the game look better, make characters have better looks and moves (Frank's Lvl 3 is a fucking mistake), and put in better choices in the roster or at least add better ones, at the very least I wouldn't hate this game as much.

Also having a tutorial mode can go a long way as Skullgirls and Arksys games can show.

Fucking read this It isn't what you think

several voice actors are the same as in mvc3, like morrigan's for example, who is often cited as having a bad voice, yet people didn't complain in mvc3. And the strike isn't boycotting Capcom; Ashley Burch is in the game.

Its just a terrible voice director using bad takes

Dude, they can't launch everything at the same time. The point is that they treat their IPs with care, for the most part. For every blunder they release they also make other 20 excellent games. Which is absolutely not the case with nowadays Capcom.

Also, Zero and Color Splash were really good. Flawed, sure, but actually good.

>cherrypicking
Let's just forget about literally every other good Nintendo IP

Even if Capcom is worse, you shouldn't look at it relatively and just give it to a company because it's better than Capcom even if they're worse than anyone else

UMvC3 with the fact that team synergy matters more than in MvCI.

No one. Actually there are few others function missing.
>no rushdown yellow banana function
>no tridash zoning white-haired man function
>no Deadpool function

>5 games in like half a year
>cherrypicking
It's the other way around, cherrypicking is focusing on that one bad game they released. Which was the last one? Federation Force? It wasn't even a bad game, it just wasn't a Metroid game.

>Even if Capcom is worse
But that was the entire point. We were comparing the two companies. Capcom only does average games nowadays, like SFV and REVII, a game that isn't even a proper RE game, or outright bad ones, like this MvCI. To be fair, I guess they still have Monster Hunter?

>team synergy
>when you have characters only getting picked for their assist like Dr. Doom.

Infinite's synergy is way better thanks to 2v2 and the tag system.

Real talk, why aren't all fightan games crossplay? It would help immensely with the playerbase.

How come Combofiend, a single man, is ruining the entirety of Capcom fighting games ?

>like SFV and REVII, a game that isn't even a proper RE game

RE7 is the best Resident Evil in over a decade though.

Sony doesn't like to play nice with the other consoles

Why is Sup Forums so buttblasted people are enjoying this game? It's fun

MvCI has a lot of problems but two (extremely shitty characters and shit story) you've pointed out is exclusive to MvCI.

Other than that? Well, Ryu is confirmed to be useless already. DBFZ took away part of UMvC3 fans.

Microsoft lost SF permanently because they weren't willing to play ball so Sony funded it.

Its 100t because of SONY you even have crossplay in SF. Dont believe any dumb fuck who says otherwise.

Kid Icarus got the reboot after a million years and multiple smash reps, I'd be surprised if it didn't get a new game.
Nobody liked Golden Sun 3 and nobody cares about by the numbers JRPGs anymore.
Animal Crossing will 100% get a switch release and has been represented heavily in Smash and MarioKart so they must consider it to be one of their strongest and most recognisable IPs.
Punch-Out got a reboot after a million years and a Smash rep, it's probably on the cards to make another soon.
Star Fox and Paper Mario don't stop counting just because you weren't happy with their games.
The others are all in a dubious state, but I want you to compare this level of love to Capcom's, who are fucking up not only their flagship IPs, but an IP that carries their fucking name on the box, not to mention all the other IPs that have just been dumped in favor of making MonHun and trash games nobody asked for.
You're kidding yourself if you don't think any other company could do a better job than Capcom with those IPs, let alone Nintendo.

RE7 may be the best Outlast in over a decade, but Resident Evil it wasn't.

That's not hard to accomplish considering what it's competing against. 7 had a lot of good ideas but execution was heavily flawed

>only getting picked for their assist like Dr. Doom.
holy fuck this kind of ignorance is why i don't come into Sup Forums fighting game threads why do i always forget that

>team synergy doesnt matter in Infin-
clips.twitch tv/BenevolentObedientRedpandaTTours

I honestly think it was Stream Monsters, Spectators and /r/Kappa that ruined Capcom fighting games. The reason that Street Fighter 5 is so rushdown, aggression and "read" focused is because it's more fun for spectators to watch and allows for more randomness and guessing which increases "upsets" which are fun to watch apparently.

>I don't know shit about UMvC3
Dr. Doom is pretty universal - he's got FOOTDIVE combo, good zoning options and great assists. This is why he's picked up.

MvCI's team synergy boils down to two options:
- point/point
- battery/spending

In UMvC3 you could build entire team around one character (Morrigan), or even one character coming after two other characters get KO'd (Vergil, Phoenix).

>more fun for spectators to watch
except viewership is way down compared to SF4

>but Resident Evil it wasn't.

What definies a Resident Evil game then? What exactly is it that disqualifies RE7?

It was none of those things, least of all kappa. it was capcom being greedy as fuck and wanting to cut as many corners as possible while trying to cash in on the growing esports economy

it appears to be

Well, I said that they did it in an attempt to keep spectators happy, I never said that it worked. It probably backfired, honestly.

Steam numbers are never good to go on and you know this.

I think it's just people laughing at Capcom finding some way to shit the bed again. The aggressive defense force the past few weeks is the absolute definition of buttblasted though. I think the game is alright, but apparently poking fun at it makes me a goober, 09er, scrub that knows nothing or a fag that goes to reddit.

>it was capcom being greedy as fuck and wanting to cut as many corners as possible while trying to cash in on the growing esports economy
>cash in on the growing esports economy
Yes, like cash in on those stream viewers, such as Stream Monsters, Spectators and /r/Kappa.

Which is still Capcom at fault, not a bunch of losers who watch video games.

fucking what

steam numbers literally show how many people are playing a game at a time and the highest amount of players at a time

tekken 7 has almost as many players in the last hour than mvci had at launch and tekken 7 has been out for like 3 months

>Kid Icarus
Got a damn good 3DS game, if you have not played Uprising then go play it.
>Stafy
Damn that is an old series but then again we only got one on the DS, so expecting one is kinda out there.
>F-Zero
I would be down with a new one but it seems like Nintendo just does not know what to do Its easy just do F-Zero X HD and add in online play/
>Golden Sun
Does Nintendo actually own that?
>Takamura
What?
>Wario World
Fucking hell I know there needs to be another one.
>Punch-Out
Well I feel like the Wii one was the peak of the series so yeah.
>Advance Wars
Sometimes dead is better. Especially when its IS.
>Custom Robo
Have we ever got one after the GC one?
>Animal Crossing
Apparently they are still supporting the 3DS one, I mean eventually we will get one on the Switch.
>Good Star Fox
Zero was actually good once you got used to the controls
>Good Paper Mario
Sorry you mean TTYD2. Color Splash was actually kinda good.

>be excited for PC version of MvCI
>it's already dying
I didn't buy this game because I wanted to wait few weeks to see if it's actually worth money... Seems like it'll be dead on PC after three weeks.

If you're going to say something boils down to two options, you should probably list more than 2 for the alternative just sayin.

My biggest beef with 3 is the touch of death. Game was fun to theorycraft teams in training, but it didn't really matter in the end because extreme majority of the matches are determined by who lands the first hit.

It's for the best when the devs are actually competent

holy shit that looks pathetic. glad i picked up u3 over infinite

>In UMvC3 you could build entire team around one character (Morrigan), or even one character coming after two other characters get KO'd (Vergil, Phoenix).

Which is fucking boring, having one character take center stage while the others are just picks to support them sucks in a Team fighting game.

>2017
>there are still people getting baited by Capcom

you fuckers never learn do you?
you deserve all the cock that gets shoved up in your ass and mouth LOL

To be fair most of the errors come from Marvel having too much control in this game and not just letting Capcom do what they do best

Reality stone is broken as fuck.
Who the fuck thought a homing missile projectile is a good idea.

>be excited for PC version of (any fighting game)
>its already dying

This is only true regarding the marvel side of the roster. Everything else is Capcom being incompetent. Stop trying to make excuses for Capcom fucking up when they've been consistently fucking up for the last decade.

>UMVC3
>you have to spend hundreds of hours in training mode to master kill combos

>MVCI
>Practice Dormammu for one hour, abuse his thorn carpet move that vacuums enemies into you and you'll be kill comboing anybody

LOL when is Dormammu getting nerfed?

Wouldn't have been too bad if you could reflect it back with advancing guard

Isn't the SFV announcement supposed to be today ?

And? It still forces you to guard and is basically a free tag. There is a reason why everyone Rank 11 upwards is using reality stone.

>premium costumes and shit. I don't know, something to alleviate how much paid DLC this game has.

That is not happening since that his how they got past the suits the possibility of getting all characters for free in game.

it's the new hidden missile

i'm guilty with this. My original team was Arthur Haggar but when I saw the gold armour loops of Dorm Arthur I just lab'ed Dorm and Arthur and have been racking up wins

No, the new hidden missile is Iron Man's smart mine

>Implying MvC3 wasn't even worse at launch.

How soon we forget.

I think it is more broken than hidden missile. Mainly because Doom was a good assist but you had to build a team around the assist but Reality Surge is so much better than all the other Surges and literally every fucking team can use it.

The gameplay is what defines a series of games, so third person camera and tank controls. You know, like REmake. Fixed camera angles are preferred, but dynamic ones work as well, like Code Veronica.

How much paid DLC DOES the game have? Not seeing any at the moment.

Aside from the season pass none.

And it was announced way before the release. Plus Sigma is cut content, Black Panther most probably as well.

It's "MvCI is a platform" thing