NOOOOOOOOOOO PLZ DON'T TAKE OUR ENTIRE PLAYERBASE PLZ REEEEEEEE!!!!!!

>NOOOOOOOOOOO PLZ DON'T TAKE OUR ENTIRE PLAYERBASE PLZ REEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

tiltfactor.org/the-game-design-of-the-hunger-games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Games have had battle royale gamemodes long before PUBG
>Suddenly PUBG owns the style of gameplay

Could you imagine if THIS is what causes PUBG to collapse? This one marketing blunder? The shitstorm would be hilarious. Bigger than TORtanic.

BAHAHAHAHA

LUL I thought PUBG itself is just a carbon copy idea of BATTLE ROYAL which is japanese novel.

Seriously, what is new in the context in which they are claiming this?

Name two.

I understand their point to an extent. It is kind of incestuous considering they have a business arrangement with Epic for UE4 and are paying a shit ton in royalties. I doubt Bluehole would have a case if it actually went to court though.

What is the difference between those "battle royale" modes and the old king of the hill modes in shooters like Unreal Tournament?
I get there's a map that shrinks somehow but is that what defines it?

H1Z1
The culling or whatever

>Minecraft
>ARMA

PUBG is cool. Unreal Tournashit is old and ugly.

H1Z1 had a license from PlayerUnknown.
The mod for ARMA was PlayerUnknown's creation.

Devs that made a game that rips off ARMA a game itself that is a just an online shooter is complaining people are ripping them off idea wise.

This is how fucking stupid the average person is.

Learn from this anons, don't speak if you don't know what you're talking about.

see
He made the Arma mod (it was around before DayZ too) and he was hired to help create H1Z1s battle royale mode. The idea has obviously been around in books, movies, television but as far as games go he pioneered it.

Not sure about minecraft, but those answers were valid answers to the question asked.

Are you sure your not the dumb one?

GUYS, what if I make a brand new super original mode? You kill each other, you may be on a team, OR NOT *audience laughs*, weapons are scattered all across the map, randomly *audience gasps*, but that's not all, the playable area shrinks *deafening standing ovation*

The Culling
ARK: Survival of the Fittest

a bunch of japanese games

>Minecraft isn't a valid answer
You are a sad man if you missed out on the Survival Games when they were good.

>He made the Arma mod (it was around before DayZ too) and he was hired to help create H1Z1s battle royale mode

It doesn't matter because I owned the license to the game mode before he did when I made a map in Halo 3 that was a battle royal mode.

H1Z1
any arena shooter king of the hill/last man standing mode
Liero
Soldat
Scorched Earth
Carmageddon
any RTS ffa mode
etc etc

btw you can't copyright/patent gameplay, so the pubg dev can fuck right off

Is't bättte royale just another word for free for all mode?

You're just making yourself sound like a retard instead of seeing the point. The idea has been around for many many years, people have been playing and streaming the mod for just as long as it's been around.

I think they have every right to tell fortnite to fuck off for blatantly copying pubg only after it's proven a success. Fortnite is a terrible game to begin with and it's extremely transparent why they are doing this.

I hope they crash and burn like fine bros.
It won't happen though, we have loot crates and micro transactions for a reason in vidya today.

You can't but it seems pretty obvious that fortnite just copied PUBG. I mean I'm sure there are some small differences but besides the graphics it looks like the same game.

>being THIS afraid of competition
Holy shit

Maps getting smaller to force conflict and using the items you find is not something this guy popularised. Hell you could have that exact mode as far back as the game worms. and that was back in 1995. Worms was a popular game too.

There are probably older games which did it too. But worms is one I remember and it was popular.

Do you really think it'll hold in court? he had a bunch of similar hero shooters released recently and no one was such a big shit eater to claim ownership over the genre

>company getting made that it's gameplay style is getting cloned
>can't take the competition

Fucking kek. It happened to Doom, it happened to GTA. Id and Rockstar survived and tried to better the competition. PUBG devs must know they are one hit wonders and just got lucky by doing something first. Can't wait for actual competent devs to fucking rek them.

Perhaps do your research? Fortnight was a co-op builder/shooter long before it implemented battle royal mode.

The circle shrinking, that's literally it.

ARK did the exact same thing.

Even if they really wanted to try and do something about it, Fortnite's Battle Royale has building structures which adds another whole level onto the formula.

>Valve releases a new game
>It's a PUBG F2P clone
>Hats, weapon skins, taunts,

Lol stupid fuck is literally just advertising Fortnight.

i think they more mad at the fact EpicGames is taking money from PU because they are using their engine and Epic games decided to make a battle royal mode for their game.
While it's a legitimate action, it does feel a little scummy.

>it's just a mod in dota 2

Seeing as Valve it literally just a trend following gambling company at this point, I would not be surprised if that is Valve's next project, especially with PUBG rivaling their own games player numbers.

Get ready for a wave of PUBG clones in the next few years lads, it will be the next MOBA cancer. What do you think will be the first classic game series to get rebooted/a spin off in the Battle Royale genre?

It feels like a perfect smug pepe comic. With the pink Wojak PUBG devs literally having to pay their competition royalties even though they "invented" the genre.

mgs survive

Pubg will be dead in a month calling it now!

NOOO DELETE THIS NOW
IT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT YOU CAN ALSO HAVE 2v2v2v2v2v2v2vv2v2vv2v2v2vv2v2vv2v2v2v2vv2v2v2vv2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2vv2v2v2vv2v2v2v2v2v2vv2 MODE!!!

>can't copyright/patent gameplay
Something Crapcom learned back in the 90's.

How fuckig stuck-up is this PlayerUnkown cunt?
Completely recycles a game mode from a different game and sell it on its own.
Puts his name in the title.
Ban people for the dumbest reasons.
And is now trying to sue someone because "D-DONUT STEEL!!!"

What a fucking fag.

pubg
>shitty buggy game that took months to get to this point and you still have lag/desync/drive through buildings because they won't load
>you have to actually pay money for this

fortnite royale
>literally created the engine so its silky smooth with no lag or desync silky smooth
>destructible and buildable enviroment
>diablo guns
>EXTRA THICC GIRLS
>loot boxes rng meme shit only exists in pve and not in the pvp royale
>free for everyone
>created overnight on a whim just because

HMMMM

I guess you can say their playerbase will be gone in a fortnight.

i just looked for hunger games shrinking arena
There's an article about game design and its concept written by a literally who in october 2012
tiltfactor.org/the-game-design-of-the-hunger-games/

Shootmania Storm

It doesn't take a genius to see he's a narcissistic prick. He only slapped his name in the fucking title.

>I think they have every right to tell fortnite to fuck off for blatantly copying pubg only after it's proven a success.

Lots of companies copy others after the other company has done something super-successful. That goes moviewise, bookwise, hardware/softwarewise. That's basically how trends are formed. Company A does something super-successful and other follow cos they know it makes money.

We've had platforming trends, FPS trends, Open-world trends, horror game trends etc and they all start out the same. Someone makes something successful and other follow suit. If the game that started the trend is really as good as it claims, then they should have no problem dealing with competition. Prove that you are the superior choice instead of shaking in your boots and biting your nails.

>Fortnite is a terrible game to begin
Your subjective opinion really doesn't matter in this case. I respect it but in this case whether the competing game is good or bad doesn't matter. And if the game is "bad" then they have even less reason to attack it. It's like Sony going after a Chinese company for making a bootleg version of the PS4 call the "Game Terminal 4".

This is bar-none the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read. The success of PUBG has gone straight to their balls.

This could actually get them sued, however the only basis that I can think of it happening is if the programming is similar enough

The fucking hubris of the PUBG devs holy fucking shit.

I can't wait for the inevitable crash now.

sounds like forbidden zones from the original Battle Royale

>To make sure the students obey the rules and kill each other, the metal collars around their necks track their positions, and will explode if they linger in a "Forbidden Zone", randomly selected areas of the island that increase as the Program goes on to force Students closer to each other, or attempt to remove the collars. The Forbidden Zones are randomly chosen areas of the map that increase in number as time goes on, re-sculpting and shrinking the battlefield and forcing the students to move around. The collars secretly transmit sound back to the organizers of the game, allowing them to hear the students' conversations, root out escape plans, and log their activities. The collars will explode if the students go a full day without anyone dying.

It's unfortunate that playerunknown is already set for life thanks to his poorly cobbled together twitchbait game.

The dev couldn't make squares, that's why they claim epic copied them.

Splatoon, Senran Kagura Bitch Peach Splash.

If I was player unknown this would piss me off. It's a very clear clone of PUBG.

Obviously it won't matter much on pc, but on console there are no battle royale games and tonnes of people wanting one, so he doesn't want pubg to be btfo before launch

You cannot copyright ideas, concept or mechanics. Those fall under patents but to get a patent you have to prove you invented it.

If you could copyright these things, we wouldn't have thousands of Minecraft clones. Some of them so similar to Minecraft they even copy the art style.

This dudes just pissed he has competition. I can guarantee right now there are a whole bunch of developers, both big and small making battle royale games right now because of the success of PUBG.

Remember the last time a developer went up against Epic?

Why would they come to anyone if they are copying gameplay, something you can't fucking copyright?

What action could they even take, its not like they own the genre

you can literally create battle royale in a halo 3 custom game
>vip game mode
>place zones in a grid pattern with different spawn times
>expand each zones reach so that together they will cover the map
>set zones to do the maximum damage over time setting
>set to spawn with random weapons

How hard is it to simply have a trigger volume for each square of the play area that gets turned on when the associated area is declared a forbidden zone

>If grid 4-A is set to Forbidden
>enable trigger for grid 4-A
>start countdown
>if player is still within trigger volume when countdown reaches 0
>they die
Like really how hard is that? The shitty BR map I made for Gmod way back in the day used this system and it worked fine.

>Sup Forums will unironically start playing a piece of shit like fortnite just to stick to a mainstream game

so isnt this just a piracy issue?
kek weve gone full cicrle

pubg is easily the more mainstream. The main people who will play fortnite are console gamers waiting for pubg/battle royale games

It's actually pretty good.
The traps, crafting, building and diablo loot make it more fun than pubg.

I don't really care, it's like saying volkswagen can't build a car with exact specs as ford, because they did it first - it doesn't work like that, as long as you don't blatantly copy the entire thing, it's fair game to make a car that's exactly 1.6 turbo inline four with electric windows, ac, parking sensors bla bla bla you know what i mean.
It's fair game, otherwise platformers would end at mario and metroid and fantasy strategy games wouldn't go past warcraft 1

GTA Online

>PUBG devs must know they are one hit wonders and just got lucky by doing something first.

I don't think anyone doubts this.

so when will the battle royal movie director ask for the license fee from player unkown?

Unfortunately, it existed in original novel as far as I can remember

he dead

Then they'd get sued by you, dumbass.

>pubg want battle royale to be liscensed from them
>pubg liscensed UE4 from epic to make their fucking game
If they really pull this shit they could straight up revoke it from them couldnt they? Not to mention Epic's parent company is Tencent....they're walking themselves off a cliff if they decide to pull any of this shit.

>PUBG devs must know they are one hit wonders and just got lucky by doing something first
>doing something first
ah yes, the analytical minds of Sup Forums strikes again

>option 1
use your $100M+ to complete your game, polish it and get rid of all the bugs
>option 2
use your $100M+ to make loot crates, develop anti-stream sniping tools and sue competitors

Fortnite sucks though

wouldn't it be Koushun Takami that could sue since he created the concept in his novel?

Option 2. Also introduce keys you have to pay for to open special loot crates.
I know I'd do it like that.

>make 10th copy of arma's battle royal mode
>it becomes popular
>assume it means that you own the genre

option 3
pay most of it out as a dividend to your shareholders, and use some of it to implement new ways to hunt whales

Same with minecraft. Everything after its takeoff that belonged to the same genre was seen as minecraft like. Typical normies.

These games seem similar but I feel like they are aimed at different audiences. PUBG is aimed at them hard core gun nuts who like realistic bullet drop and wind and shit.

Fortnite is for casuals, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Plus you can build structures. I can already see an Ace of Spades split of builders and gunners.

They both have X number of players jump out onto a big ass island and try to be the last one alive. You pick shit up and pray that RNGesus doesn't fuck you.

Does Fortnite have the closing circle thing? Seems like that would go against the whole building a fort thing.

If it doesn't have a closing circle gimmick then the games will play out way different, since you can just camp once you feel well equipped enough.

Shitty news for shitty games

>realistic
I permit you to neck yourself. Go, you can do it.

They have actually improved the game and its performance continuously

I played this godawful game twice through for some reason and never heard anything about this. What happen

Yeah, but you also have to figure out the pattern so you wouldn't accidental split the map and two last players would just die of forbiden areas, you need to make it that way, so it doesn't restrict the player from the rest of map.

>PUBG is aimed at them hard core gun nuts who like realistic bullet drop and wind and shit.
This is what 12 yo kiddies believe. pubg is a fucking dumbed down casual copy of arma 3's mod for little kids that play lol and dota.

>le arma is hardcore meme
arma is just shit, deal with it, a bunch of retards roleplaying tacticool operators doesn't make it hardcore

notice I never said PUBG had those things, just that the target audience was interested in it. Casuals want hitscan. PUBG by no means has accurate bullet physics but it HAS bullet physics. Also, alpha (not that it will make it past beta), so they could bump up realism if thats what the "community" asks for.

it copies arma 3, but is dumbed down. doesn't that imply it is trying to be like arma 3? ergo it tries to have those things. Whether it is intentionally watered down or just shittily recreated is up for debate.

You are just pretty bad at it and thus need someone to create an easier arcade version of it, so you are actually able to play it

>PUBES

You can't own a concept, dummy.

GTA Online's new update ripped off PUBG you dumbass

>PUBG is aimed at them hard core gun nuts
Why does 7.62x39 magically become 7.62x38? Don't bullshit me. Why can't I fit this 7.62x54 into this nagant revolver you piece of shit?