I'm ten hours in and the repetition just hit me like a brick wall

I'm ten hours in and the repetition just hit me like a brick wall.
>every tedious shrine feels the same
>every bokoblin battle feels the same
>every horse ranch feels the same
>every everything feels the fucking same
>keep upgrading stamina because it's an inconvenience but now I'm getting slaughtered in single hits
I like Zelda. I like(d) this game. But I've lost all motivation to continue because it feels like the same shit over and over again. And it doesn't help that the story is delivered in drips and drabs, making it feel like you're just trying to get to Ganon for the sake of getting to Ganon. What am I missing here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gS-8dUsBkhU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>every fight is the same
>still can't adapt to the same movesets despite low hearts
you just suck at babygames, user. sorry

Open World bois ...

>What am I missing here?
Will and enjoyment of exploration and discovery, and apparently following given instructions like a dog in leash, while also sucking ass at combat and stealth.

Not to mention 10 hours? Boy, you've not even left the kindergarten part of the game!
I did not meet a single living human being in my first playthrough before 20 HOURS into the game! The moment I got my glider, I went west, and explored the mountains and valleys for ages.

>tfw experiencing the "tutorial shrine" 60 hours into the game

>I'm getting slaughtered in single hits
So you just suck?

Ummm did you just say something negative about Breath of the Wild? Ugh

I'm going to have to assume you haven't played the game.

He sure is crying a lot today.

If you're getting slaughtered in single hits, you're doing it wrong and is objectively bad at video games.

Please leave normy.

I only got burnt out after I beat it an got every single thing out of it. Gave myself a few month came back it was a treat like it was the first time. Maybe open worlds aren't for you.

You're propably not underage enough to enjoy this game. Only people who grew up with Minecraft and other Open World Survival Sandbox games will "get" it. Worst game in the franchise.

>I did not meet a single living human being in my first playthrough before 20 HOURS into the game!
Bull fucking shit faggot, they're all over the place

>>every tedious shrine feels the same

Whew, for a second I thought you might have played the game and had some legitimate criticisms.

To be fair, those points are only relevant because you are choosing to do the same thing.

Going into battle swords blazing every single time you fight isn't all that fun. Use the runes and the environment user. Cut down a tree, stasis that shit and aim it at a camp etc. have some fun ffs

The game is too long and too big for its own good. Like my dick when I think about Link.

You should stop watching that let's play and actually play the game.

>haven't done a single beast

>Bull fucking shit faggot
Not in the valley and mountains, they aren't.
It was indeed like adventuring in real deal post apocalyptic Hyrule! You can only imagine my amazement when I accidentally stumped upon my first ranch at the edge of the Gerudo desert, and saw all these people (and big birb) chilling and having fun.

not them but IIRC Bokoblins scale with your progress, so you'll start getting more difficult reskins in camps instead of the basic red ones, so naturally OP will start taking more damage and surviving less if he's only put points into stamina

>Puzzles utilizing 20 year old technology that aren't new or well designed isn't a legitimate complaint

I'm sorry OP, sucking hard must suck hard.

Here you go.

>What am I missing here?

The fact that this game is literally the only one worth a shit on Switch and therefore massively overhyped and the reviews were paid.

Play an actually fun open world game like Far Cry 3.

it was BTW this point I got my very first Rupees as well.

I was swimming in monster parts, and sold like 200 Bokoblin/Moblin/Lizalfos horns & teeth. All the sudden I was rich as fuck! ...but had nothing to really use it to, before I went to my first town : Hateno

>No current tech Puzzles
>Puzzles are old

user, seriously

>Puzzles utilizing 20 year old technology
what does this even mean

>enjoyment of exploration and discovery
>>Unlock Region Map
>>See an area labeled "Demise's Pass"
>>Oh shit, maybe there is an optional boss/dungeon or some crazy lore shit there
>>Paraglide for 2 minutes
>>Run through the entire crevasse
>>Two bokoblin camps and a Shrine
Fuck off, there's nothing to discover in this world but your own personal tolerance for boredom.
Apparently your tolerance is pretty damn high. I have the perfect "game" for you. This one has some survival mechanics, music, and an original plot too.

Non-nintendie here, got Switch recently, haven't owned a Nintendo console since the SNES.

I get where your coming from OP, I feel the same sometimes. I mostly play it as a secondary game in 2-3 hour spurts instead of 14 hour autism-a-thons.

I can appreciate it, like GTAV the production valus and care is evident playing it, but just doesn't have the addictive pull (for me anyway) like Ys 8 earlier this month

It means he's an idiot.

>mfw I only found the stable in Gerudo desert after like 140 hours
I couldn't believe my eyes. I was sure I explored the whole map and instead I still missed that and all the quests around it.

>Fuck off, there's nothing to discover in this world but your own personal tolerance for boredom.
Says a kid that's not even 1/10 through the game.

>Apparently your tolerance is pretty damn high.
it's not. My standards are literally 2brutal for GenZ kids.

>I have the perfect "game" for you
No you don't. Fuck off shill.

I had 220 hours put into the game + Ganon beaten twice already by the time I found the Ruto stable and the Family heirloom mission in Kakariko.

Yeah, that can happen.

I did something similar I got out the plateu and went to the gerudos, I just remember where in OoT and went that direction, luckly it was right,
I didn't knew a lot of things like upgrading equipment or were to upgrade hearts/stamina, so fighting camel boss was really hard with the starting clothes and 3 hearts. But it was fun.

On my first run I killed the first Lynel with just the Zora armor and the starting pants, and 3 hearts, I didn't even have a hat.

>I had 220 hours put into the game + Ganon beaten twice already

So this is the power of having only 1 (one) game... Wow...

>I didn't knew a lot of things like upgrading equipment or were to upgrade hearts/stamina
Kek.
I always teleported back to Temple Of Time for the first ~80 or so hours, before I discovered that the statues in towns do the same.

Nice b8 m8.
I'm a multi-way idort with 300+ games, but BotW's world is just HUEG, and filled with content.

>every fight is the same
>dying in every fight

Or maybe the game is just that good. Not that you would know.

>I did not meet a single living human being
No shit nigger faggot dipshit tickets in, it's a single player video game, why would there be LIVING HUMANS? Faggot.

>Not that you would know.

I played the superior version nigger. And it was just your average open world meme game, I literally had slightly more fun in fucking Far Cry 3 than this. After the first 5 or so hours you've already saw everything the game has to offer, everything else is copypaste of that with slight differences (I played 10 hours before dropping it).

>not doing a naked 3 heart spears only run

Mix it up a bit user

>cemu shitter
of course

Pikmin 3 is way better than BotW. You just have bad taste because you only own Nintendo consoles and never experienced a decent open world game before.

>I literally had slightly more fun in fucking Far Cry 3 than this
ah, an Xbot Gen-Zedder... that's just sad

Nice projection.

>I'm getting slaughtered in single hits
>What am I missing here?
Armor, the ability to dodge and a huge amount of irony, apparently.

>ah, an Xbot Gen-Zedder... that's just sad
Stop projecting nigger. I played FC3 on PC and my first video game was a fucking Tiger Handheld in the early nineties, followed by the original game boy.

You're obviously a millennial nigger with poor taste who never played an open world game before because the only computer you could use was you'r mommy's laptop while supervised.

What does it being CEMU have to do with it? If anything they got a better experience since there would be less frame drops

I honestly agree that the game gets really repetitive and boring, but you can't really criticize this game on Sup Forums. It feels more like a tech demo than a real game.

>superior version
>pcfag has to pretend he played the superior version at 5fps and crashes every 5 minutes

Pirates are less invested and thus are much more prone to shitting on games

Runs at stable 30fps on my PC (so much better than Switch), at real 1080p (so much better than Switch), using a PS4 controller (so much better than Switch), and it only crashed like once in 10 hours (how many times did it turn off because your 2 hour battery life died again?).

Yeah, it's the far superior version.

Buyfags need to justify having wasted 300 bucks for the console and 60 bucks for the game so their opinion isn't unbiased.

>implying PC isn't superior
youtube.com/watch?v=gS-8dUsBkhU

>projections

Something is wrong if you are still caring to fight bokoblin and have seen more then a couple horse ranches.
If you have upgraded stamina then go discover some shit, climb some fucking tower, fight only when strictly necessary.

>repetition just hit me like a brick wall
fucking this. I got to hattori village and dropped it

I'm glad i ran it on CEMU and didnt fall for the switch meme. I was so close to buying my first nintendo product since GC

I just started yesterday and am currently trying to fight my first Lynel (the one guarding the shock arrows near the Zora place) and this fucking Blood Moon happening literally every 30 or so seconds made it impossible to kill this faggot.

I'm too tired to both seeing if there's a fix right now, but anyways, aside from that the game is pretty good so far. Adding more waifus to Zelda is a move I support, though I'd prefer it if they were alive.

You don't need to fight it, just get the arrows stuck on trees and on the ground. Come back after you've got better armor, weapons and experience.

I just buy the switch?

I don't have a lot of money to spend right now, and switch game are expensive af.

what game should i'd buy ? mario kart, splatoon 2 or BOTW?

If the combat was more interesting I'd like the game more. By the time I had a comfortable amount of hearts and stamina, I didn't see any point in actually interacting with anything in the game. The enemies aren't threatening anymore, I know their patterns. I also know what they'll give me and know that I don't want it, so there's no real wonder to fighting them. I don't need any more health or any more stamina, so I don't care to seek out shrines. My inventory has been expanded as much as I'm interested in, so I don't want any more Korok Seeds. None of the sidequests I've encountered gave me anything I was thrilled to receive, so I'm not going to do them anymore.

I enjoyed almost all my time with the game, but then suddenly got hit with a wave of boredom after my second divine beast like nothing else I could do in the game was actually worth doing. Like, yup, this is it, I can confidently fight every enemy in the game, explore any climate, reach any mountain top, and glide as far as I need to. I wanted to just go to Hyrule Castle and finish the game, but I don't want to leave divine beasts undone. But the divine beasts are boring and I don't want to do them, so I just stopped playing.

>You're obviously a millennial nigger with poor taste who never played an open world game before
Yes, I'm a millennial.
No, I've played practically all the open world games that matter, with my very first one being Daggerfall.

>because the only computer you could use was you'r mommy's laptop while supervised.
on the contrary. Our first PC, a slowass 386 running W3.11, was almost exclusively used by me. I did most of my kid-teen gaming on Nintendos though.

underage gtfo.

This game is almost as insulting as TLOU. An overrated and DLC infested piece of shit that got paid reviews up the ass and rabid single console owning fanboys creaming themselves over mediocre gameplay. Where TLOU is a boring as fuck muh feels corridor walking simulator, BotW is a boring as fuck open world meme walking simulator.

>underage gtfo.
I'm literally 30, sonny jim.

what do you think millennial means?

the term is different in French.

I fucked up.

sorry user.

millennial originally referred to those born between 1980-1997, but it has been honed down to roughly 1985-1995 in recent years.

If you wanna refer to the kids born in the early 00s, you use the term "GenZ", as in Generation Z. They don't yet have a proper, coined nickname.

Because you Brazillians have god awful taste and prove it everytime you get your grubby hands on a console game

OPAN WARUDO
WE WANT SKYRIMMU AUDIENCE
OPAN WARUDO = GOODO
PREESE ENJOY

How would you know? You'll never be able to afford those things

It repeats many mistakes of past open world games, yet Nintendo crowd likes to pretend it "fixed" open world. No it bloody didn't, 3/4th of its design is by the numbers.

>that image compilation where a bunch of Japanese devs put "Skyrim" as their game of the year

I didn't think anything of it then but good lord did it come back to bite us in the ass.

My suspicion is it seems "innovative" and "fresh" because tendies haven't played much on superior consoles.

The physics and climb anything is good though

The game is nothing special man. Don't let the nintendofag shilling blind you. There's very little that's above average about this game. Just let it go. Nothing interesting ever happens in this game and its just a dull experience all around.

Finding Demise's Pass fucking empty is pretty much a concentrated representation of the game as a whole.

>What am I missing here?
nothing. Shit probably was just not to your tastes. Thats fine. Not everything that manged to be some sort of hit in the mainstream will be liked by all and shit just was not your thing. Youur looking for something that your not getting from that so you miss out on enjoyment. Save the game for later when maybe when time passes and you get back to it you will be able to have fun with it then.

>Person makes completely valid points about a game
>"BUT DID YOU 101% IT ON user MUST DIE ULTRA DUPLEX EUROPEAN EXTREME MODE, REACH THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARDS, AND GET KASUMI'S TRUE ENDING? NO? WELL THEN YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK."

Every fucking time. MMO fags are especially bad with this.

Right, exactly. There is new and interesting stuff in BotW, the environmental action and freedom, etc., but the actual meat of the game is boring-ass Ubisoft type collect-a-thon "open world" shit.

>My suspicion is it seems "innovative" and "fresh" because tendies haven't played much on superior consoles.
you mean the literal nogaems trash like Xbone and PS4, that are still recycling the 10 years old CoD/BF/Oblivion/FC/AC trash?

No mate, BotW is simply damn entertaining and fun to play because of its total overhaul and even dismissal of most design choices people've come to expect from open world games lately. It's also rare to see such anti-patronizing game in late 2010s.

Nice buzzwords. You're just proving my point.

Although it's been done to death, the Souls games have the lack of handholding. MGSV to an extent as well.

Dragon Quest Builders has the same explore/collect/craft/cook/weapon degredation.

Every open world game has the tower/map reveal, horses, waypoints, main/side/fetch quests.

HL2 had the gravity physics.
Far cry and MGSV had the enemy camps that can be approached in different ways.

There's no overhaul, there's a lot of retread that's fairly polished, with a nice artsyle. As I said, the climb anything feature is nice and seems fresh when most mountains in these games serve as map boundaries.

But your REEEEEEE about nogames machine proves my point. If you have Nintendo myopia, then it probably seems innovative.

Don't even bother. You can't even argue with Nintenbros. They're the most deluded fanbase on Sup Forums. You're better off just ignoring them.

But you're right in thinking that they basically play nothing outside of Nintendo games, I get that vibe too.

Even climbing everything has been done in several Spiderman games and Prototype. Arguably in even more games if you count hookshots.

You legit just suck OP

Not true. I've never played Minecraft. I'm old as fuck. Too old to be playing games and too old to be on here. I loved botw.

Here's the thing, anyone with rational critique would still give it an 8 or 9, because it is a good game of it's type.

But any criticism seems like a total 0/10 dismissal. I'm actually playing right now in an effort to understand Nintendo's design philosophy and it seems like the Force Awakens. Well crafted but safe, but with a few innovative bits, designed for fans with the blinkers on but little exposure to the medium outside their favourite franchise(s).

Wow...

Put it on your blog

Not underage, don't play mc and not really into open world survival sandbox and I still like botw. What fo you say about that?

This, exploration is a meme if there's nothing interesting to find.

>every tedious shrine feels the same
Bait

Translation: "Take it away from my safe space"

It's not a "good game of it's type though." By what metric is it good? It's actually pretty bad in most ways.

Honestly, the worst sin the game has is the HP bloat on the enemies as they upgrade.

Has anyone figured out what triggers that shit?

For people who post "git gud" about combat.
All damage calculations in this game take armor and damage as flat values and just sum them. That is a godawful system because if you have enough armor, you will only take 1/4 of heart from everything except for very few attacks, and if you don't have enough armor damage you take can scale really fucking fast. It is a very abusable system which can make game absurdly easy or really hard

Also, flurry is the most casual "parry" mechanic in forever.

Not to mention how huge armor and damage values can be compared to health. Get 60+ armor and you barely need hearts anymore.

by my own metric of what I like

Also food. Food that can full heal you and give you bonus hearts. Food that you can go into the menu and chow down on at any time. Food that is plentiful and can be cooked very easily.

Then it should be easy to not die in one hit no? Just dodge at the right time and prepare food before fights

Flurry rush stops me from taking any BoTW supporters seriously.

Literally 0/10 I had more fun playing No Man's Sky.