Tell me honestly: how many times did you die to O&S on your first play through?

Tell me honestly: how many times did you die to O&S on your first play through?

I was literally one hit away from killing super ornestein and got hit by the butt slam. I am legitimately furious. I think I've died 40 times now. I'm honestly pretty close to rage quitting the whole game, I can't beat this faggot

Took me a few hours, I refused to learn and was too stubborn to summon. Eventually realized Mega Chubs isn't that big a deal to bait though I did throw 80 firebombs at him on my second playthrough without a shield.

It's been quite some time so I don't remember, but I was running low on humanities, so it must have been a lot of times. I played it offline, solaire kept losing health/ killing himself against giants (didn't know you could banish and summon him again relogging). On top of that I didn't know that the game saved always (I thought you had to reach a bonfire for that), so I had the happy idea of killing andre for shit and giggles while showing the game to my room mate. This was before quelaag but I refused to start the game again, finished it with the black knight sword. Fun times really.

Twice and once going to the boss fog. Really wasn't hard once I realized the big guy gets stuck constantly behind the pillars and they have low health.

Oh and my room mate picked the game, reached anor londo but eventually had to go back farming because he finished all his humanities against them. He spent the last one poisoning himself with blighttown golems' turd against supersmough because I told him he was weak against toxicity. Didn't talk to me for a week or so

On my first run (original, unpatched) I was stupid enough to refuse to upgrade my weapons at all until after O&S because I didn't want to waste upgrade resources on bad weapons so it took over a dozen tries because I was whittling their health down for like 15 minutes each attempt.

Unpatched was a different beast though, Izalith Bounding Demons and Skeleton Wheels were like FromSoft telling the player to go fuck themselves.

17, and it was the best feeling when I beat them. I honestly wasn't feeling Dark Souls much, but once I beat them, I knew the game was special. Hooked since.

Like, 7 at the most. I played BB and DaS3 before 1 so I didn't have as much trouble with the bosses as a lot of other people did.

>cheesing AI
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF DS PLAYERS

That boss is on some shit. Your best option if you can't or won't summon is to try to break Smough's pathfinding, but he'll unstick himself in not too long and you will have a bad time when he does.

2 or 3 times
just rush in, kill the little fast one, then just roll out of danger with big thunder

That's pretty much what the game teaches you to do. Pull enemies into areas easier to fight and split groups to manage them. Until you learn to walk past everything.

SMOUGH'S "FACE" IS A HELMET ORNAMENT.
HIS REAL FACE IS BENEATH IT.

Seriously, I hate every fanart that doesn't get this right.

Around 10 times I guess. But there were worse bosses for me.

I want the leo ring though

Got so hungry for a humanity to kindle the anor londo bonfire aftery dying 15 or so times that I almost killed Solaire before a friend told me I could just help people with Drake and Josh for humanity

died a few times then decided to try the lightning spear and destroyed smough with it

isnt that the entire point of the fight

I died a couple times but then I noticed how you can cheese with the pillars

And you think have the authority to assume that the OP's pic isn't a face shaped helmet?

is he actually bowlegged to or is that just his armor?

None. I was stupidly overleveled and I had the BKS, I didn't even bother dodging much and spammed R1.
On my first actual playthrough where I had to learn their patterns and stuff, using the Winged Spear iirc, I managed to get Super O 1st try through a combination of good luck with patterns, and quickly understanding how to dodge his impaling move, with no estus and almost no health left at the end, don't think I ever clenched my ass this hard

This, had a harder time with ceaseless because I fought him early and didn't know about the cheese strat and gwyn because I hadn't parried all game