How come Japan can't into current generation graphics?

How come Japan can't into current generation graphics?

They prioritize character models

witcher 3 animations are shit though.

Consoles.

How come Polacks can't into gameplay?

How come the west can't even into ps2 tier combat?

>people still pretend third person gamepad action games have good gameplay

Funny, I quit playing top a few hours after the graphics stop impressing me and played the bottom for a 100 hours. I guess good gameplay goes a long way eh?

FFXV is pretty impressive, but it's held back on Consoles pretty hard

PC version will be a treat visually, shame it's a shit game though

Are you talking about Witcher 3? Because that's what it is. A poor Assassin's Creed rip-off that masks itself as an RPG to get away with clunky ass combat with shit animations.

>using W3 bullshot
you realize that Automata looks better than W3, right?

yeah, why do they pretend the witcher has good gameplay?

Lol, funny
I played top more than bottom because dumbed down gameplay and muh twisted story

I'm talking about both.

Top pic is pre downgrade faggot.
Also Nier looks better than tw3 : real time GI, volumetric lighting, pbr, etc.

You played top more because of its dumb gameplay and muh Gary Sue story? Makes sense if you're a masochist I guess.

They prioritize fanbait garbage, like blowing skirts.

Japan will never be relevant again, neither in animation or videogames.

Is that supposed to look good?

Budget.

Japanese just went beyond the age "graphics is priority™" unlike stupid westerns

>Witcher 3 had a budget of 80 million
Gameplay is unplayable, awful stale animations. Poor story. Three track OST

>Nier had a budget of less than 10 million
Good responsive gameplay, story is original, excellent OST, doesn't feel like a cynical AAA game

No that picture is showing what W3 looks like on consoles.

I love bell peppers.

You played because of that ass and muh flashy combo ? Lol

>including/not including marketing budgets where it suits

Naisu naisu baitu desu

You played because of gore and sex and muh interactive GoT wannabe story? lol

It looks the exactly the same on PC. In fact this pic comes from a trailer.

>top
literally a benchmark only good for testing how powerful your computer is
>bottom
contender for game of the decade

maybe they realized that graphix are only important for the autistic PC crowd

Nier was barely marketed. Its marketing was almost entirely word of mouth and the hype that Nier 1 had built. Meanwhile the Polacks spent AAA marketing money on their shit game basically doing the same sleasy shit every other AAA dev is doing. Fuck good gameplay, just market the shit out of your game.

W3 is too violent.

>Nier
>Good gameplay
You mean having 200+ life bars in just consumables
And then having basically your entire health bar refilled on every kill with upgrades is good game design, you must be retarded

Despite all its shortcomings, Nier atleast feels like a product made by artists.

Witcher 3 is a design-by-committee game lazily copying whatever other devs popularized and then pretend you made that shit up for your fanbase consisting of hipsters on Reddit.

It's also funny that you only see Witcher 3 threads made in some graphical dickwaving contest. Does the game even have a fanbase? It strikes me like those massive CoD games that everyone buys but nobody ever thinks about. They just mindlessly consume it and move on. What a sad state.

combat isn't gameplay retard
and I'd like to see you play any great old RPG with dogturd combat

>combat isn't gameplay retard
This is geniunely the type of delusion CDPR drones are spouting these days.

Hey fag, difference between those old RPGs and Witcher 3 is that those games were actual role playing games and not a glorified action game sold as an RPG to an audience of consolefags who have never touched a proper PC RPG their entire lives. This game has zero fucking excuse having a combat this shit when its RPG aspects are barebones if present at all.

Something like BG2 had questionable combat but the quest design was much better than W3. W3's entire strength is the characters and world which were lifted out of the novels.

oh yea lets talk about the gameplay of tw3 outside of the combat :
>Poor rpg elements
>Horrible level scale
>How to resolve a quest : Follow your gps, press X to follow the red things, wait for cutscene.

Such great """"gameplay""""""

Try to play on harder mode than Easy.
NieR has a very good gameplay and combat. The only thing that can be bad is the enemy variety.
But once you fight corrupted YorHa members it gets much better.

Difficulty doesn't change the 173.25 health bars you carry around

>using Nier as the jap example
That's just unfair, Taro's team's budget consists of cup noodles and lozenges for Emi Evan's voice.

>Witcher 3 is in the top 20 most expensive games in history (17th place)
>NieR got a budget of a potato
>still manages to be a better game
really makes you think

price of 60 fps

And it still managed to have better graphics/framerate than tw3. Really made me think.

it does if almost everything can one shot you

Graphics
Aren't
Everything

that's gae

Automata doesn't have day and night and weather system though. Locations are static. If something is dynamic, it will for sure have way worse graphics.

It's top 5 most expensive games ever made once you factor in the fact that Polack wages are half of western Europe/Jap/American wages. Witcherfags would want you to believe they're a small niche studio in need of our support against the big bad evil AAA publishers when in truth is that they have more manpower than almost any other game gets.

RE7 looks better than both at 60fps
Nier is 60fps on shoestring budget
MGSV looks similar to W3 at 60fps
Ace Combat 7 looks photorealistic (and will run 60fps on PS4Pro or a modest PC)
Yakuza 0 has better looking characters and animation, at 60fps
Arc Sys murder everyone else's cell shaded games in the entire industry, let alone western cell shaded games

..Witcher 3 looks in fact like this, took over 400 peoples to make, had "one of the worst and longest crunch of all time", underpaid it's staff during the overtime work, bleed experienced talent ALL THE TIME, and basically won't even be able to put out a game with the same quality over again because they keep growing too big, too fast, without the proper management for it.

Witcher 3 looks like ass out in the world though

>CP2077 has ~300 people working on it
>Gwent has around 100
They use by far the most workers of all game devs out there.

Sums up just fine what Witcher 3 is. A horrible bloated AAA game that had the luck of being made in Poland so they could exploit thousands out of a decent salary and working conditions.

Then what do they prioritize? Definitely not the gameplay. I guess many non-Nintendo Japanese games have stories that are original, but they're rarely good. They tend to force drama unnaturally in a far greater extreme than any other country. Characters will keep entire important revelations to themselves up until the most dramatic moment to reveal it, despite having every opportunity beforehand. Amnesia happens at the drop of a pin. Everyone is a double agent.

Smaller budgets

Yes. No western or Japanese studio can afford this amount of manpower. Especially not with those slave-like working conditions of CDPR. CDPR is cancer. They aim to force out the competition through its exploitation of Poland's poor living standards.

>reddit
Ah, there it is. I haven't thought about that place in nearly 20 minutes. Thank God you brought it up so that everyone who reads your comment remembers that reddit is a website and the users are annoying.

Feeling superior to a shitty site isn't an argument. Otherwise I could, like, totally own you by calling Nier 9gag bait.

Which isnt far off. 9gag is a site for Kurds and weebs, and Nier is just Waifu Warriors but irI.

People who enjoy both are the strongest race

How come the West can't into good gameplay?

Fuck off to Reddit you CDPR cumgubbler.

western devs can only make movies
they're not good either

If you check interviews and stuff like that you notice that a lot of workers are Vietnamese/Asian etc.
They just hire masses of cheap workers instead of paying more to fewer, but more talented people.
They are hacks who just got lucky with first two Witchers because they still had competent people there. Those however left for better devs that don't treat their workers like shit.
It's well explained in this video

It's not trying to be a hard game.

What, you don't like Dominions 4?

Bayonetta?

Thank consoles

>They prioritize character models

i can't imagine if they didn't

How come the west can't into current generation waifus?

Because Japan prioritizes gameplay.

you know even if they make garbage a lot of the time we need someone else to make the good stuff more than they do before we can even begin to consider them irrelevant.

randomly smashing buttons also works on the witcher so i don't know what the fuck you're talking about

Because realism doesnt always equal quality.

japanese games aren't really doing a good job at proving that though.

how come the west can't into greater than 25fps on consoles?

Contrary to popular beliefs, the japs are actually technological inferior to the west

Dont let weebs tell you otherwise

can the east?

>Witcher 3 budget: $81 million
>Nier automata budget: $15 million

Why are japs so poor? Even slavs have more money than them

breath of the wild and persona 5 are good recent examples of why japan excels at making games. its because they don't priotize realism like the west does instead they do what they do best. color palettes come into play as well but that is a other thing.

thing is that the witcher looks like 81 million was invested into the entire game and nier automata looks like 15 million were invested into 1 ass.

60fps vs 25

i can understand breath of the wild, but persona games are just complete weeb garbage for fat virgins, literally no one else can even start to like that "game"

Nier runs way better than the witcher 3 at least.

They focus on gameplay instead.
It's funny when you ask Witcherfags why their game is good, they never mention the gameplay.

eh, its not for everybody

You could've just said I haven't played them and moved on

on consoles? i guess but they are kind of irrelevant aren't they?

Good graphics are very expensive to make. Jap devs usually focus on gameplay first and then story/ graphics.
While american 'devs' make good looking games which have mind numbing combat.

They can't.
Westernfags think mindless shooting galleries like D44M has good gameplay, they literally eat shit

jap games are just random button smashing with ridiculous numbers and flashing lights constantly on the screen while the characters warp all over the place while wielding giant weapons.

i don't understand how you find that to be a good thing.

RE7 is mostly inside an enclosed house that's why they can make everything look realistic. Remember devs only have 4gb ram and shitty console GPUs to work with.

Horizon zero dawn has the best combat in an open world action RPG I've ever played

Most western games are just point and shoot or bah ham combat

It helps no one to be reductive.

at least in western games you have to point AND shoot.

if you hate the west so much why don't you go to the east and stay there?

Everything you use is made in China, does that mean you want to move there?

no, because i don't hate the west like you.

In Dragon's Dogma you need to point and shoot too, if your chosen vocation allows shooting. What about it?

>Botw came out and completely BTFO every single western open world
>tfw Super Mario Odyssey will achieve 100 mc
Western games have been slaughtered enough already this year, give it a rest

I don't hate the west and I'm not the guy you were talking to. I happen to enjoy a lot of japanese games though.

>tfw you need to chose an actual vocation in a game in order to get gameplay

eastern games everyone