Explain it's popularity

Explain it's popularity

it's fun

Streamers.

Paid streamers
Chinkbots

streamers attract lots of 13 year olds

ADHD twitch kids high on energy drinks and twitch streamers milking the kids' mothers credit cards.

>Drop in
>Kill niggers
>More and more tense as the game goes on, until you win or get picked off

Its just simple no nonsense fun. Easy to pick up (hardest part is the inventory menu at the start) and hard to put down.

I usually play a couple rounds a day.

Chinks, streamers and fun.

It attracts brainless imbeciles who only like the hip new shooting game and can't even use the proper form of "its".

dumb children

it's not fun though

Streamers and emergent multiplayer gameplay
it's like DayZ one crack, same core ideas but everything happens much faster and there's less frustration

Streamers and their cult of personality followers, on top of PlayerUnknown plastering his name everywhere he possibly could.

it's sad that people feel pressured in playing this trash when that's exactly what it is

Friends talked me into it.
Everything becomes popular if people follow the herd. It was fun in the beginning, because most new things are fun to explore, but when you have played it for a few weeks it becomes kind of boring.
So they better release the new map soon.

>autistic streamers shill it because devs are sucking their dicks
>it's easy to farm money from this game, i know people that already got the money's worth back from selling the crates
>bots and chinese farmers

It's literally DayZ without zombies. Why hasn't Bohemian sued them?

I can't

>Everything becomes popular if people follow the herd
that doesn't explain anything though. it just shifts the question, why did people follow the herd on this game rather than others?

I would say because of streamers yes. Lot of popular streamers played it, so people notice the game. It just depends on what's the next big streamer game.

>stop liking what I don't like!

this

this

It's straightforward, easy to pick up/doesn't require a lot of skill and streamers constantly shill for it. I had more fun force feeding people windex on dayz back in the day than playing it desu. It gets boring after the first few matches.

shite, casual, pussy tier players, lag incarnate, boring, angering, zeroing lol, bridge cunts, rng, pathetic, pseudo int, third person camp.. yh lol

Streamers + games being widely available to minors.

yes

I agree

It's Hunger Games the game

IT'S FUN FAGGOT

go play some more pubg you bought with mom's credit card you braindead fuck

it's gonna be funny when you can't refund the game after your online furry and weeb wastemen "friends" move on the next flavour of the month trash you underage shit

You might want to shitpost a little harder user there's still some real words mixed in there

>Explain it's popularity
>polished, relativity new concept from an already popular mod
>randomness allows for an ego shield for you losses
>winning is still fully on account of your skill instead of the above
>not reliant on a team if solo
>simple to learn
>some random skirt drop thats worth hundreds on steams marketplace so it opened the floodgates of chinese bots

hit too close to home?

I actually don't own the game so I assume you're just speaking from personal experience, cry harder.

Global rule 2

first post best post

>Takes entire playerbase

Tough luck kid

well you don't really own anything, you have to have your own money and buy things with it to own them and then games are really licences you agree upon that provide you with the said content

reddit has rules?

Daily reminder that it's never going to leave early access like all other twitchbait games

streamer cucks

Viral steamer marketing for babby's first Arma mod experience.
Constant paid shilling on 4chen so that there are 4 threads up simultaneously.

>some cartoon artstyle video game nobody ever heard of will take the entire playerbase of the currently biggest game on the market and one of the most phenomenally best selling PC games of all time
not praising the game itself i haven't played it yet
but come on

Jesus dude calm down

Early access and broke highest concurrent players record on steam

more and more tense? running around for 15 mins doing fuck all untill the last 10, its fuckin boring, even when you land in high populated zones once oyu killed erry one there yourplaying running simulater for the next 10-15 min

like we all said, go play some more if you like the garbage so much, stop actively shilling it and trying to get more people to waste their money so you can feel better about your buyer's remorse

It's not only DayZ but it's the best parts of ARMA dumbed down into something simpler

he's some kid that watches youtube videos and places himself in their situations

literally never played it, im just stating a fact.

holy shit, when i saw this i laughed, i doubt it will take the player base but it is so much smoother than pubg holy shit, the parachuteing the fps, the crispness the sound, its all so much more ironed out for such a small game how the fuck can pubg compete? pubg has literally made millions but cant even iron out the vehicles or parachuting let alone all the other problems

yes kid the fact is that you're stupid and opinionated about things you know nothing about

There isn't another (decent) game on the genre. I feel like the community can easily jump ship though. I can see myself picking up a better version.

>it's popular so it's good!
half the playerbase is chinese bots the other half is 13 year olds who want to be the next big thing, should I really trust these people when making a decision as a consumer?

the biggest reason it's successful is that it allows you to play a proper solo game without having to worry about facing a squad, only other solo players. A guaranteed solo experience is so desperately difficult to find these days yet 99.99999% of devs insist that everyone is 12 and has 23 hours of free time a day to play with friends and that's what it's all about.

More games should focus on solo over team/squad. The fact that it also supports squad makes it pleasing to also the 12 year olds that have 23 hours a day free and no responsibilities to play with their friends against other 12 year olds with no responsibility.

Look, the original post i replied to said that it will never leave early access.

I replied with a fact, that it's still had the most concurrent players of any game on steam. It's clearly in a playable condition.

I don't buy early access games myself, but the fact that this game is still in early access isn't really relevant given the facts.

I get paid a dollar for every time i say facts on Sup Forums.

I'm gonna buy this game with mom's credit card so I can be cool and GROWN UP!

It's causualized arma and dayz proved people like it.

Great game

>how the fuck can pubg compete?

Fortnite is TPP only.

Why does Sup Forums hate fun

that is what current 20 years old did with call of duty

Basically it took what was DayZ after SA Goons and twitchkids took it over, when all Arma2fags left - a Battle Royale with vehicles and finding guns and transformed it into a very streamlined kill-or-be-killed product instead of sandbox. It's that DayZ element all those faggots that ruined DayZ loved.

t. Angry Armafag

Bots

>take a popular gameplay idea
>make a game based on it
>it's popular
WTF

>Drop in
>Kill niggers

Yep You`re right about the demographic

I can't, it's shit and other games have done the battle royale mode better.

twitch streamers and pasting ads everywhere. 90% of the pubg partners are hacks. no skill what so ever. literally just promoting the game and cashing in on people who want to play custom games. seems like a pyramid scheme now that i think about it.

idlers
farming for steambucks

this.

it has a building system, making it way more than pubg ever was. the flavour of the month has changed.

Explain it yourself

People like games where you die to someone you don't see

>PUBGChads WON

Like any other successful game: clever marketing

bait a popular streamer or youtuber to play, make it fun for normies to watch, stir up some controversy to further expose it to the world

>MGR IS THE BEST GAME EVER
>NIER AUTOMATA IS THE BEST GAME EVER
>PUBG IS THE BEST GAME EVER
>OW IS THE BEST GAME EVER
>YANDERE SIMULATOR IS THE BEST GAME EVER
>whatever pewdiepie plays right now IS THE BEST GAME EVER
>insert FOTM here IS THE BEST GAME EVER
gee I dont know OP

It's a no risk, instant gratification version of DayZ. Getting into massive shootouts in Elektro was some of the most nerve wracking shit I've ever done in a vidjyuh game, whereas dying in pubg is just kind of an annoyance.

>g-guys?
>why are you not buying Destiny 2 guys?

easy.
H1Z1 King of the hill was highly popular, but the gameplay wasnt very good since it was still a survivalgame at its core.
They just had to make H1Z1 Koth with solid gampeplay and thats what PUBG did.
A lot of H1Z1 players went over to PUBG after they saw it on streams.

So you're ADHD ridden, I guess CoD or CSGO is more your style and there's nothing wrong with that mate.

10million players in ONE single game is kinda bad for business though.

Pretty much this. It's still fun but dying is more like "damn that sucks" since there are no real stakes and the next match you play in you'll find the same gear if not better within 2 minutes.

It's a battle royale game that was built as one from the start, not a mod or custom gamemode so the gameplay is actually good

It's a fun game idea, there's very few pure battle royale games. Removing all the survival shit and forcing player movement with the environmental hazards to create a fast and dynamic video game. I don't understand some people's ideas that this is some kind of conspiracy but then who is John Galt?

>it's