Are you going to play it?

Are you going to play it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSMOH0o743I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most likely scenario is I'll play it in beta for a few hours, then get bored of it and never touch the full release.

>more dota lore
of course
dota lore is amazing desu

Why is every big publisher making carbon copies of each other's games? You just know it's going to be a ghetto version of hearthstone, which is inherently a ghetto version of MtG. Come up with something new and you will find far greater success.
This is literally the Heroes of the Storm of the new card games.

Too afraid to take risks and loose money I guess would be the reason.

if its free i'll give it a try

all of these games just feel like shittier versions of magic, except every deck is just a green deck and there are no instants or activated abilities or really anything that actually adds strategic depth to the game

If I can make money off of it, sure.

It will take over hearthstone for sure, blizzard can't handle esports and valve does everything better than Blizzard.

sure, I'll try it
maybe it'll even be good
but I won't pay a dime for as long as I live

>copy paste and a little bend wow lore and charscyers

Nobody even knows what this shit is.

>another medieval fantasy card game

Gwent. Hearthstone. Legends. MTG. Now this.

Is it impossible to have any other setting for a card game?

Fuck off Pcbro

If the only possible dota card game you can imagine is hearthstone then you're just as dumb as the people you've made up to criticise.

>medieval

what

oh because there's swords, right?

>all the strategy of dota in a 1v1 setting
not gonna lie, this could be amazing.

user don't be a faggot. It's very clearly a medieval setting. Just because some characters have fancy guns doesn't change that.

>I won't pay a dime
>I won't pay

yep, looking forward to it. hope I get a closed beta key if they do one.

Why don't you not be a reductive moron?

I'm not. The setting is medieval fantasy. The fantasy part means something.

this famalamalamalmalamalmalmalmalm
I'll probably quit after a few hours cause I hate card games

I think it's more lovecraftian than anything

No, because everyone is just trying to make Magic For Casuals.

If anything, I'd say it's visceral, maybe epic.

Because its easier to sell to the beancounters
>suit with no idea what videogames are except for making money walks in
>dev 1: yeah I got this idea of a game, its a bit risky but Im sure it is an untapped market, just how many of you know about a multiplayer horror game where you dont know who to trust
>dev 2: yeah so you know hearthstone/WoW/CoD and how many millions they rake in, im going to copy that formula with a recognisable brand and we will take the entire fanbase over because which player doesnt want their favorite game+something extra?
>suit: heathstone? Ow yeah, that thing that makes money, alright we want that.

Whats medieval about it?

>l5r comes out in like two weeks
>medieval fantasy weeb setting
>literally nothing like mtg at all

what did you mean by that?

thats so eldritch...

well Artifact is Dota related and Dota is derived from Warcraft, what do you expect
Deus Ex or similar setting card game would be rad though

>there are shit ton of both digital and physical ccg and tcgs that doesn't have fantasy theme
>bitch and moan without doing any kind of research

>hurr every card game is mtg
>hurr every boardgame is monopoly

>your deck has 5 heroes
>heroes spawn automatically and earn xp/gold while moving around on the field which is divided into radiant/neutral/dire top/middle/bot plus the two bases
>heroes can cast their spells and have individual mana reserves
>can move 1 field per turn, can only attack targets in the same field
>creeps spawn automatically and move down each lane
>you draw non-hero creeps and items from your deck
would b neat
but it's probably too complicated for the 70 IQ target demographic

Check out Illuminati the card game

sci fi hearthstone came out last year.

but i get what you're saying. all the big publishers are just chasing magic the gathering.

Depends.

If it is just a Magic/Hearthstone clone then no.

If they make a card game with a board that works like something similar to DotA then yes.

>If they make a card game with a board that works like something similar to DotA then yes.
that's what they have said they are doing

No they don't. They chase heartshit. Most new card games are derivatives of heartstone both mechanic and presentation wise.

Ill stick to my patrician cardgames, thank you. At least hearthstone and similar garbage such as this can entertain the less mentally-gifted.

If I wanted to play one of these shallow ass games I'd just build a mono-red deck our of all commons and remove everything that activates at instant speed. So far, none of these "let's magic MtG accessible" games have been worth playing.

this. would rather have an mmo though

Where do you think Hearthstone comes from?

>target opponent
Why this wording. Isnt there just 1 opponent. Why target a specific opponent if there is only one

landing this combo is more fun than anything that has ever happened in hearthstone or its million clones

So what magic pro did they pick up for this game?
I have a hard time believing that they didn't find someone that had some influence on magic to help work on this.

you can play ffa or team games too, there's nothing in the rules that prevents it

>Isnt there just 1 opponent.

There are as many opponents as you want. 2 on 2 teams is popular.

>card game
lol no

From mobile self playing abortions? Heartstone have a very little common with proper physical card games, even the most simplistic ones.

Hearthstone is literally watered down mtg made for babies.

I don't get what the second one does, can't even read it without being confused.

>give the opponent your minion and kill him with it.
They copied that last expac
youtube.com/watch?v=OSMOH0o743I

Probably not, the only card game I played was battleforge and that was a rts hybrid.

what part of that is too hard to understand

You mean the first one? The second one is literally one sentence. There's nothing confusing about it.

never heard of that. Granted I know nothing of magic

Enemy gets to control someone? I get to control someone?

First one gives you 3 super powerful bonusses you can pick in any order (life drain, 2 card discard on enemy, 2 selfdraw) the second one allows you to give a permanent (which is a card type) to the opponent. So what you do is get 3 really good boosts and when the pact is about to backfire on you and kill you you give it to your opponent and they are fucked

Nah, it is uplifted mobile shit.

Ok now it makes some sense

An opponent is someone playing against you. A "permanent" in Magic is a card on the field. So the person you're playing against gains control of one of your cards.
The card on the left makes you lose the game after you choose the first 3 options. So you pick those three during your turns, and then on the last turn you play Harmless Offering and give it to your opponent. Then they lose because that's the only option left for them to pick.

you jest

Great. Then its not a Hearthstone clone and more of a tactics game.

>A.S.S.F.A.G.G.O.T.S. the card game

>Ixalan prerelease starts today

time
for
fookin
dinosaurs

>copying the success of Un'Goro
Sad!

i think they got the guy who made portal the board game