Silent Hill thread

Last one got "Marked for deletion (old)"d, so let's continue!
Old thread : >SH1 praisin'
>SH2-faggin'
>HD Collection hatin'
>links & guides postan'
>would Kojima have ruined SHS ??

Obligatory official ranking of games:
SH1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > SM > > > HC > 0 > DP > AoM

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=OD-iD2qYVkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>links & guides postan'
Alright, here's the latest SH PC Guide and DL linkkus:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
If SH3 runs like shit even on a strong PC, check and lower the Rendering Resolution setting.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can now see some decent emulator settings for SH1 as well in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Also give the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Never play below Normal difficulty.
-Replaying them all is recommended.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting,
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors.
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help.

I have heard that those PCSX-R settings cause stuttering in SH1 for many people, so here's the good old ePSXe / Pete's OGL 1.78 settings instead. Should run smooth even on toasters.

Alternatively, just use a software plugin for 1:1 PS1 visuals and performance.

really made me think...

wew lad... see ya in 3 days!

Moar

>1 better than 2 and/or 3
Nah m8. Nah.

what is this from?

source?

>Nah m8. Nah.
Yes mate. Absolutely.

SH1 is the best game in the whole series in general. Best and largest town sections, best main locations, best pacing, perfectly challenging, actually scary, great soundtrack. Lot's of replay value thanks to various endings and unlockables.

SH2 is less scary and has worse pacing, but the symbolism + nice story make it a must-play classic.

SH3 is like a more modern SH1-lite, which suffers from linearity and pacing, plus bit from the recycling of SH2's areas. Perhaps the scariest game in the series in the pure-terror -way.

can the original Team Silent restore the series into the former glory? Or how will their potential new IP look like?

>tfw even Masahiro Ito is fed up with PH misuse in later games and films

I so wish this to happen

dont think they could redo sh1 well, half of the gore and horror was added by our own minds with the frame work of the old blocky graphics, the start of sh1 in the ally with the corpse on the fence as an example. or it might just be we are older and more desensitized to the violence now days. pic from the emulated clean up version still not as scary as blured CTR tv that i remember

It doesn't matter, they are old now and we wont see something on the level of SH1&2 from them again.

>that texture filtering
>that contrast
jesus fuck how horrifying!

I get what you mean, but if done with enough passion and love, a la the REmake, it could work just fine. I'd be happy with "just" SH3 tier visuals to be honest.

>or it might just be we are older and more desensitized to the violence now days.
Nah, the beauty of Silent Hill games (originals) , is that they do use violence and gore quite sparingly. You don't see people get decapitated, and even cases of characters dying are usually merely hinted and done with taste.
It's always been the atmosphere, namely the creepy audio, that has gotten me the most unnerved in SH1-4.

>It doesn't matter, they are old now
what does that mean? Old pros can't do good games anymore?

>what does that mean? Old pros can't do good games anymore?

No, examples: kamiya, kojima, mikami...etc, they are all making mediocre titles now. Its known fact that after a certain age you lose your creativity, it happens in all industries.

The series needs fresh blood, someone who understand the series...how do they find them? who knows.

Reminder

What? Why?

lots of people forget to disable 'Hide Extensions for known file types'. So when they use the guide to play Slient Hill with Mednafen as the emulator they can find Mednafen.exe since it wont be hidden.

Good afternoon Sup Forums

I wish you a cozy SH day, pick up your map and start exploring

c-cant i just stay in the car

was about to post a thread about your favourite vg song.
then I fould this thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=OD-iD2qYVkk
The first time I finished SH3, I came at the credits song. I didn't expect it.
I miss the days befre mass internet.

Top tier: Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Pure perfection from any side.
Extra good: Silent Hill, Silent Hill Zero
Good, but flawed: Homecoming
Bad, but somehow still enjoyable: Room
Trash: waifushit 3, dawnpoor, vita diablo clone

>>/shwiki/

Shattered memories is by far the worst SH game I've ever played.
along with the vita one

>underage detected.
>DUDE SH2 is the best, but so is Shatterd memories

>No, examples: kamiya, kojima, mikami...etc, they are all making mediocre titles now.
They've all made great games to this point as far as I know.

>Shattered memories is by far the worst SH game I've ever played.
I take you've not played Origins, Downpoor or Homecoming?

This thread is full of underage including you

haven't played downour , but origins and homecoming are miles better than SM
I gave it to my friend because I hated it so much (on the wii) is it better on other consoles? because it's terrible on the wii

I'm 31. I 'm a huge fan of SH 1-3. And I like 4. the worst SH game I've played besides the PSvita one was the Wii one.

am i doing something wrong?
im trying to play Silent Hill using mednafen as a emulator. i followed the guide completely and its not working. can someone help me?

>I 'm a huge fan of SH3
Kill yourself, pathetic faggot.

Can't we all just get along?

>haven't played downour , but origins and homecoming are miles better than SM
No, they literally are not.
Shattered Memories is LITERALLY the only GREAT Silent Hill game to be released after SH4. And the Wii version is the absolute definitive, best looking, sounding and playing version.

Everything else is nothing but embarrassing, infuriating and lazy trash, that also tends to be extreme lore-rape to boot.

>origins and homecoming are miles better than SM
please kill yourself, Todd.

>The pitiful, movie cock-sucking game known as Homecoming is better than Shattered Memories
End yourself please.

>SH1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > SM > > > HC > 0 > DP > AoM
for once, OP wasn't a faggot!

I ordered the last one and it didn't come
No way I could prove it
sigh

If you listen to me very carefully, I will tell you the true ranking of Silent Hill

SH3>SH:SM>SH4>SH2>SH:DP>SH1>SH0>SH:BOM>SH:HC

I'm sorry to hear you have brain damage, user.

>ranking thread

disgusting, this is not how you do a comfy SH thread

>set up sh2 on my friend's computer yesterday and got up to the hospital
>suddenly crashes, can't start it up again no matter how many times we try
I am very disappointed.

Not being able to start it up seems really weird an error to get because of something in-game. Do you probably mean you can't continue from the last save, or does the game actually not work at all? If the latter, see if reapplying the files to patch it without messing with save files fixes it if you haven't tried to yet.

PC or Emu?

Whose Otherworld were we seeing in SH#, you'd think it was Heather/Alessa's, but then Vincent commented on how the nightmare belonged to Claudia.

>Top Tier
>SH2 and SM
Honestly neck yourself you casual faggot
>Extra Good
>Silent Hill 0
You mean the unscary game that fucks up the lore and blatantly shows death which was never the intention in any Team Silent SH game?
The game that also had QTEs and the ability to carry 70 weapons?
>Good, but flawed
>Homecoming
The other game that fucked up the lore, was made by guys who hated Silent Hill, and just overall missed the point entirely?
>Bad
>The Room
This has to be a shitpost
>Trash
>3
Honestly commit suicide, you have no understanding of this series and deserve nothing more than a pain death via sudoku

This is actual autism

Claudia was imposing her will on the fetus inside Heather or some shit, as she was the one who caused it to grow by killing Harry and causing Heather ultimate despair