Is New Donk City Mario's hometown?

Is New Donk City Mario's hometown?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kQV9USe6rDQ&t=627s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

why is donk city so fucking aliased and why do the NPCs walk at 15fps when they are further away? every other area of the game looks fine

mario and pauline are invaders

youtube.com/watch?v=kQV9USe6rDQ&t=627s

oh and here's new donk city footage and it still looks bad

I dislike how if you're wearing a different costume and possess something, it still has the original mario hat.

like look at this shit, webm related is from that new footage and the NPC's fucking vanish into thin air

Delete this immediately.

>NPC's fucking vanish into thin air

Every game does this.

heh, that's pretty funne

No fucking way, not like that!

You literally walk closer and the NPC's vanish, the opposite of what you'd expect to happen.

where is the original donk city

But why? Why have the NPC's in the first place?

>Ghost people in NDC

Just part of the lore folks

Even maxed out GTA V on PC does this

There was also a bizarre issue with their framerate someone pointed out in some of the footage, where an NPC is in the background walking and its moving likes its a flip note while the rest of the game is running just fine

Not like that, right in front of you, usually its done when you turn around or they are out of field of view, not right in plain sight.

Its most likely occlusion culling caused by the car.

WRONG

can't you see that he walks closer to the NPC's and they vanish?

actually if you watch the gameplay videos you'll realize that they have two separate systems for the NPC's, the ones further away and the ones closer, the problem is that they are in no way connected, so when you walk closer to the NPC's that are further away, they just disappear.

holy fuck, so this is what everybody is hyped about?

no watch some gameplay and you'll realize that they have two systems for the NPC's, one for further away and one for closer by

the further away NPC's also move at like 15fps, it looks like a flip note like that other user said

there's just no seamless transition between these two systems

Why isn't Donkey Kong the Mayor of New Donk City?

Nope, they're excited for fun gameplay. Enjoy your walking sims/visual novels.

>new dork city

More like New Dong Clitty.

I've always been hyped about that exact specific thing ever since I've seen mario odyssey footage, yes.

actually in shenmue 1 and 2 you'll sometimes have npcs vanish even just because you touched them

>There was also a bizarre issue with their framerate someone pointed out in some of the footage, where an NPC is in the background walking and its moving likes its a flip note while the rest of the game is running just fine

another game that does this is sly 4 for PS Vita, it looked jarring as fuck, everything in the distance walked at 15fps

>implying he isn't

i can't believe i didn't notice the moon on this new donk city map.
do some people really believe that the moon isn't a stage? holy shit, it's literally everywhere.

Yes gameplay is very important for a platformer but it's unfortunate that the city level doesn't look that fun

He's black.

As far as I knew, Mario has always been from new york.

that big circle is earth and the thing crashing is the moon? are you stopping the moon from crashing?

takes place in majora's mask world confirmed 1111!!!

The moon takes up half the screen of the world select

user how old is Shenmue. Dont defend this shit, call it out so they can fix it.

It's also in every single fucking stage in the background.

It does look that way. Mario World 2 kinda stated he was not from our Earth. But he is American and from Brooklyn. He is from an alternate version of New York City seems to be the only logical answer.

They're saving him for the Kino Boss fight where he runs off with Pauline and the fight plays out like a 3D-version of the original Donkey Kong.

R-right?

>so they can fix it

I don't care about vanishing npcs. I don't care about npcs in general in a mario game. So...

Hes a Dago plumber from New York

Fuck Nintendo for retconning it

really? like was that a intended? well dreamcast is pretty old

I doubt Cranky would be up to doing all that.

DONK STREET. HOME.
LEAST IT WAS BEFORE I FUCKED EVERYTHING UP.

As much as I like the look of Odyssey (and it does tempt me to pick up a Switch if it doesn't become WiiU 2, which I'm still not conviced of). The one thing I can't get over is the fact it is called New Donk City.

Did no one in the office realise that it sounds utterley retarded?

put a bangin donk on it

>yfw you can only go through this level with the original costume from donkey kong
>yfw dk is obviously the one throwing the barrels
> yfw dk laughs it out with mario because he wanted to do it again after so many years and they're just buds

It's because it's the rapture today even for New donk city.

Dont just give it a pass because its Mario. A bug is not a feature just because Nintendo made the game.

> just because Nintendo made the game

I wouldn't give it a pass even if my own father made the game if it bothered me. I already hate the fact that there is a realistic looking city in a mario game. I couldn't care less about npcs dissapearing in it. You know as well as I do these kind of bugs are usuallyblown out of proportion for shitposting purposes. So yea I don't care.

maybe not very clear but here you can see the 15fps NPC walk

ugh, it looks so... ugly....
can't believe i was excited for this...

he is from brooklyn dude

>OMG NPCS YOU DON'T INTERACT TO THAT ARE JUST BACKGROUND FILLER DISAPPEAR IN A MARIO GAME
>NINTENDO IS FUCKING DOOOOOOOOMED

die

No, it's Stage 1-1 from Donkey Kong on the GB

why are you so frustrated I am not saying anything like that it's just your interpretation, it's as if any nintendo criticism is too much for you

I won't pretend like there aren't flaws that I'd like fixed

It's called an avatar impostor. Basically it replaces a 3D model with a cached 2D sprite, that's only updated when necessary.

This is why the "framerate" on them is so low.

>g.g.guys, don't like it, it's an order, or elseI will poste old meme and laugh in my basement!
Week end nu/v/ is really just children and bald gay sex slaves

oh they're even 2D? I assumed it's like sly 4 on Vita where the animation is just updated every other frame instead to make it easier on the CPU

It really bugs me as well.

In Great Britain (or its Marioverse equivalent), to complete the York/New York parallel.

Flanders:
51.0479727, 3.9786286

I fully expect this webm to be posted at least 20 more times before release.

"New Donk, home, at least it was before I mama'd every mia up"

much like how the Great Plateau had fps issues compared to the rest of the game, New Donk City is probably the first location they worked on and they hadn't yet figured out how to optimize all the shit they're doing yet

consider it done

but cranky kong was the original DK

No, but it's his life.

>mario paint costume
Best costume. 90s Mario art and box art is the best.

>climb up there
>Cranky is the one throwing the barrels

mario buy!

This kinda remind me of Spirited Away
NINTENDO WINS AGAIN BABY

i also expect it to be posted at least 40 times after the release

grafitti always triggers me in settings like this because it's too organized, too cohesive. It's never like six hundred different groups expressing all kinds of stuff.

It's basically the pedestrian animation in Sim City 4.

is this image trying to imply that mario is a vandal and that vandalism is okay?

No, Mario is from the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario Odyssey is a prequel to Donkey Kong: In the darkest timeline where Bowser wins and marries Peach, Mario goes on to live here and he gets together with Pauline.

I haven't been hyped for a game this much for a very long time

but hey

This is gonna be the Sonic '06 of Nintendo.
Why the fuck have realistic people and settings with a fucking cartoon character jumping around? Simply looks retarded.

as a consumer you should be mad that they give 0 shits about you

Murals like that are fine if you have permission. Shit like gang signs or straight up obscenities are not.