I'm about to play through the Half-Life universe for the first time since 2008. Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Episode 1...

I'm about to play through the Half-Life universe for the first time since 2008. Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Portal, Episode 2 and finish off reading the Episode 3 text file.

Here's the question,though. Since I'm mainly doing it for story purposes, should I play Opposing Force, Blue Shift and Portal 2?

Skip blue shit but play opposing force

I'd play through them anyways but the expansions are non-canon.

>portal 2
what

Opposing Force is alright and probably worth a play if you still like HL1. Blue Shift is dire and like 90 minutes long.

Portal 1 is apart of the HL universe

play Opposing Force and Blue Shift
Portal 2 has a reference to the Borealis but its kinda of a drag when you descend into the foundation and working your way up is sometimes not that enjoyable, the Cave Johnson story elements are scattered.

sure but who gives a shit if its for story intentions.

>but its kinda of a drag when you descend into the foundation and working your way up is sometimes not that enjoyable

i do not agree with your opinion

Play them. They're not that long

Blue Shift isn't canon & was a joke expansion for Dreamcast which got canned, but brought to PC later for some reason

Valve was heavily involved in Opposing Force & it shows because it's quite good & could become canon if they ever introduce Sheppard again

Skip Portal, it's irrelevant, Episode 2 explains what happens more or less

Anyone else can't remember a single thing from episode 1? What the fuck even happened in it? Then again I only played it once back then

They escape the city. That's basically it.
You can skip to Episode 2 and miss nothing from a story perspective.

Episode 1 was pretty weak
Would have been better if the Vorts just teleport Freeman & Alyx to Whiteforest off the bat

I actualy liked going back into the Citadel again.

Episode 1 was a pretty decent expansion pack.

>and finish off reading the Episode 3 text file.
It still fucking hurts.

but, that's the most intriguing part of the game.

that part was my favourite...

>Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Portal, Episode 2 and finish off reading the Episode 3 text file.
where is Blue Shift?
where is Opposing Force?

>playing FPS series for story purposes
???

Also play Lost Coast, it's secretly good.

are you retarded?

are you?

Portal 2 is only tenuously connected to Half-Life both tonally and storywise, it's pretty clear that they wanted to distance them from each other

You should probably read the OP again.