Walker gears had so much potential, they could have been treated the same way fallout 4 treated power armour

Walker gears had so much potential, they could have been treated the same way fallout 4 treated power armour.

But Fallout 4 power armor was fucking shit.

And I for one think D-Walker was useful. It was my most used buddy.

I never found a reason to use it, what missions/sideops is good for?

It would have been nice if enemies at least used them more. As it is they show up in like five missions and that's it.

you gotta have the infinite heaven mod, that also adds combat vehicles to normal freeplay and other missions too

The one where you crash land with Codetalker and have to fight the Skulls. Walker Gear's minigun is pretty effective against them.

>D-Walker
almost forgot walker gears exist, they are so shit

or you can just use mortars and AA minigun that already exist in nova braga

It's actually pretty good. It has the strong points of the horse and the dog, and has good HP/guns so you can kill stuff with it too. Fulton ballista's good for freeroam too. Faster than regular fultoning, works from a distance, costs nothing, and has infinite ammo.
Yeah, but I shouldn't need to get mods for that. The devs should have done a better job in the first place.

In fallout 4 the power armour was stupidly nerfed but it had a lot of cool customisation and maintenance, it felt like a real vehicle.

picking that shit over a mini-mech, what a faggot

All the buddies with the exception of d-horse were stupid op, and shouldn't have been a thing.

Used it alot.

>so much potential, they could have been treated the same way fallout 4 treated power armour.
You are perfectly right user.

Pretty much everything in the game is stupid OP though. Buddies are OP. Reflex mode is OP. Intel team is OP. Tranqs are OP. Support team is OP. Suppressors are OP. Fultons are OP. Crawling with the right camo is OP. It's dumb. You have to ignore like 95% of the game if you want a challenge. Even then it's not that hard because the enemy AI is dumb and the level design is usually bad.

Dōtonbori Robo

Well they didn't. You can play "shoulda" and cry, or you can be a man and fix it yourself

>potential
>could've been treated the same way as this other vidya item which is widely known to be grossly mishandled
k

>The doggo in a sneaking suit was bad
>The customisable mini-mecha was bad
>The bikini sniper waifu with psychic crabs was bad

>The horse with his armour and dlc cowboy outfit was good.

They could have turned walker gears into their own thing.
Make it like mad max, have crazy death races, better stealth mechanics and upgrades, more weapons.

>Quiet
>waifu
Choose one and only one.

Nuke yourself.

...so nothing like the power armor from any Fallout game then?

Quiet waifu

xP

How about i nuke you using a D-walker outfitted with a mini-nuke launcher.

>Metal Gear Solid V had so much potential

you want them to give you what should be endgame content ten minutes into the starting area?

Power armour played a central role in the fallout game, if you weren't using it, chances are you were fighting it's users.

Walker gears should have had a central role in the game metal gear, because they are metal gear tech.

Now imagine them as buddies

No i wanted them to give it extra game mechanics, in field customisation and maintenance, more weapons more stealth etc.

Abandoning stealth and going nuclear with d-walker was always hilarious. Especially chokeslamming motherfuckers

PA actually isn't that important in Fallout. It's iconic, but it's not a huge thing in most of the games. It's just good armour and that's it.

good?
You mean armor that is high tech motorised, treats small arms like nerf guns and increases character stats "good".

Yeah, pretty much. In 1/2/3/NV it's just very good. You get it and you have nice protection and your strength goes up, but that's it. Nothing game changing. 4 actually gives it unique mechanics, but only 4. For the other games it's just like the other armour options but with better stats.

The only bad thing they did to power armor was make it easy to get and very weak.

bump

Hey guys do you remember me?

>Those who don't exist

I don't get why they implemented this buddy system. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to take D-dog along when I have Quiet providing overwatch. Same with D-walker, she moves so much faster, I should be able to jump on my mech and floor it to get to our next position.

Screw you. I sent you to missions with a ton of S ranks, vehicles, and 85% chance to accomplish the mission...and you kept losing, you XCOM/Jagged Alliance percentage bastard.

The whole fucking game had so much potential, but they decided to literally spoil the entire game in the trailers