Is this the best game ever?

Is this the best game ever?

its actually a very bland and shallow experience especially when compared to the first game which was a masterpiece

I think it's boring as fuck

The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...

...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...

...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.

The quest design is made for literal braindead children who can't think for themselves. Its obnoxiously yawn inducing because the "investigations" you do are practically you just walking around in circles and spamming X so geralt can shove some more exposition down your throat. It lacks depth, challenge, player activity and more than anything else, longevity. It never evolves into anything more unique or interesting, and it persists through the ENTIRE 150+ hours.

The main quest is basically super mario in poland, where Geralt goes around picking flowers, herding goats and helping every bum under the sun just so he can get the usual message that "nah bro, I don't know shit senpai"

cont

Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"

The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.

Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"

Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.

HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.

B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.

Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.

>walking is 99% of hte gameplay
>battles are laugable and grotesques
>RPG elements irelevants
>written like a 12 year old power fantasy
>mega textured pine tree forest : the game
That shit can't even dream of going close to icewind dale, the word baldur's gate clone

*laughs*

the praise this game, skyrim and breath of the wild get makes me realize that I'm not the AAA target audience anymore

because all of these are empty garbage

Fuck off already

It's the best game I played. Certainly liked it more than bloodborne and all souls games, which are pretty good too

>Is this GIRL the best GIRL ever?
This is the real question OP

No

I'm a few hours in.
And I can't say I'm loving it.
>The combat is complete shit feel incredibly clunky and unresponsive.
>The menus and such are explained poorly, which is annoying and you have to rely on other sources or trial and error
>hitboxes are fucked.
> many sidequests are pretty shitty
> enemy movement and animations are awkward and clunky
That said
>the story so far is pretty good, and so is the voice acting.
>great visuals all around.

I know I'm just starting, but it's not that great so far. Overall the combat makes it really tedious to play this game

tl;dr it isn't a Souls clone, so it's shit.

Not with completely fucking shit gameplay it isn't lmao.

Story was good, characters were okay but better in the books, and the DLC marketing style CDPR took was phenomenal.

TWIII is what a 'Good' game looks like. It isn't the best.

It'd be in contention if gameplay wasn't one step above Skyrim's dumpsterfire of R1R1R1R1potionpotionpotion

let me say since I'm kinda safe from nintendo fan backlash in this thread, Breath of the Wild disgusted me with how terrible it was. I honestly felt cheated. We waited so long for it too and it really disappointed me.

dark souls is also garbage

The only people who don't like it are autismos who don't have the attention span for a good rpg

but witcher 3 is the game for people with 0 attention span

>good rpg
>witcher 3
you literally do chores and 99% of the game is MMO tier filler.

It's really boring, also the ui is just awful. Combat and movement are really mediocre. 5/10 at best.

I felt the same for the witcher 3. Witcher 2 and 1 were far better

yes

witcher 1 and 2 is better than 3 admit it Sup Forums

>implying witcher isn't a dark souls clone
>magic is OP
>combat is dodge for openings
>AI is shit
>Hitboxes are shit
>Camera is shit

the main character is a fucking faggot and the voice actor is horrible, like he does that unnatural faggot voice

>you literally do chores and 99% of the game is MMO tier filler
false. you can explore the world or do side quests at your own pace and if you do just the main quests, there's no chores

Yes, don't let underage edgelord "neo/v/" troll you.

>explore the world

you don't explore anything. There is no exploration. A fucking marker telling you exactly where to go is not exploring you faggot

these b-movie story games just don't do it for me

>there's no chores

pretty much every single fight in the game is a boring chore because the fighting is so bland and repetitive

After 5 hours in I was pissed off whenever I had to fight someone or something because it was so yawn inducing and a boring filler between cutscenes

IT wasnt that bad now, overrated doesnt mean bad, it means it overrated, mostly by normies who like it at first, drop it and still maintain that it is the best game ever made whilest going back to play the new release of Fifa that year. Apply this to every game that is called "game of the year".

Again, overrated does not mean the game is bad, if you see a game is getting massive praise stay away and dont get hype for it, it is almost certainly not going to live up to its reputation. Last of Us was an ok game, I played it after avoiding it because of Sup Forums, I dont understand why people say it is a movie but the new Wolfenstein release isnt, especially since one had vastly more cutscenes than the other and wasnt as well written

false. you can turn those off. Not my fault you need the game to hold your hand and tell you everything. Try a more casual game

Probably not, but I still enjoyed it immensly.

yes it is but souls fags and consolefags (usually the same) will say otherwise

you can't do quests without quest markers because there's not enough info given to you

and even if you turn off the POIs on your map it's still garbage because the loot you find is useless trash

I have a friend whose suck this game's dick only because it is Polish. LITERALLY only because it is a Polish game.

Also:

>your friends roast you because you like a couple of japanese games saying that they are all DateSim weeb games
>when talking about how they played Witcher they spend hours talking about how they fugged every girl and whose the best wifu
>i finished Witcher without fugging a single girl nor engaging into any of the romantic options because thats not how a Witcher should live into my conception
>the game has mild DatingSimWaifuSimulator potential and your friends managed to push these subpar potentials to the limits, and somehow "(You)" are the weeb

This sumarize a parcel of Sup Forums also.

ITT: 80% Poles, 20% humans

Fuck, who is this faggot in the pic?
gr9 b9 m9

chasing after some woman for a hundred hours isn't very interesting plot for me

game tells me a weapon has say, extra bludgeoning/armor piercing damage, but doesn't say what enemies are weak to this

if I happen to come across a good weapon I'm not allowed to use it because muh levels

if you drink a potion before combat the effect will almost be gone by the time you actually engage the enemies

combat movement is slow as fuck and force you to jump more than mario if you need to reposition yourself

there's that diving glitch, which makes a quest on ard skellig impossible. that's where I quit the game

are poles really this nationalistic?

There can't be a "best game ever" because different games can give you extremely different experiences. I believe you can get an extremely enjoyable experience out of w3, for me it was the appreciation of nature, being fantasy detective, some great characters with great animations, a lot of enjoyable side quests, combat that is not good but enjoyable enough with a bunch of self-imposed rules, all of which made the game into something that was pleasant to load up and go through. It also made me appreciate the real world nature more, same thing happened to my friend.

I can understand why people are hostile towards it as it is with any good but not perfect product/game: authority figures keep shouting how great something is and you don't like it so it's implied that you are wrong, so of course you will defend your sense of reality as you should but because of that the discussions are often not very enjoyable.

Daily reminder that the ONLY people who like this game AFTER the hype has died are the butthurt Poles (everybody else already realized it's medicore at best)

Poles have achieved literally nothing so they will blindly fanboy this shit game and not listen to any arguments and when confronted with actual good arguments why their game is shit they just lose their shit respond with "MUH GOTY!!" MUH SALES!"

I don't know. I'm a burger.

a that's why everything is binary to you, with your retarded two-party system

What should have been done differently?

it should have been gameplay focused instead of being a one hundred long piece of repetitive shit

Wtf are you even on about?

FPBP

I don't know, I replied to the wrong person at first and then I just wanted to go with it, without any thought behind what I was saying

/thread

That's reasonable enough.

Is there a similar game you feel is better?

This is a very long post and I made the mistake of reading all of it. For starters you've chosen to only a few gameplay mechanics then declare that there isn't enough of them. Essentially you are ignoring other strategies completely and insisting they weren't there in the first place. In terms of boring sidequests tjis is entirely subjective. They were designed to give the game world, more specifically it's society, greater context by showing how many people if different backgrounds were effected by monsters and despots.

I've spent far too much time rebutting this already, so in short, you were more focused on outsmarting the rest if us by shitting on a popular game than enjoying the one you had. Its tough to appreciate or even identify nuance when you've got your head up your ass.