Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ngm6ST0HL6U?t=21s
youtube.com/watch?v=6Fl9pDb7TYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Raypunk.
>Cheesy B movie shit
>fucking alien babes

Any that isn't steampuke

Fuck, now I want a game featuring all of them.

Is there anything like that?

Peak Raypunk:
youtu.be/ngm6ST0HL6U?t=21s

What about Biopunk, Oceanpunk, Skypunk, Stone Punk, Dungeon Punk, there is so much more punk you are leaving out.

Cyberpunk is good because it made predictions that are coming true

The rest is trash

Timesplitters

Cyberpunk. Steampunk is 100% reddit.

This .jpeg is the image that invented, out of nowhere, the term "Raypunk".
Prove me wrong.

Dieselpunk caters to faggots every single time

This

All trash.

The style was originally known as Raygun Gothic and at later times Atom Punk, regardless whether the term is made up, there was a history for the style.

I don't get the "-punk" as a suffix

Dieselpunk is too broad of a genre. Bioshock, Thief and Pathologic are totally have totally different styles but all of them are considred Dieselpunk

>liking SJWpunk

Off to tumnlr

Now I'm sad

Cyberpunk and Dieselpunk are the GOAT, rest are trash.

Blade Runner is not cyberpunk

Blood dragon was very pretty good mate.

then what the fuck is it?

Originally comes from cyberpunk, which was originally purely about punks. Every protagonist or good guy was like a major delinquent in a torn leather jacket and weird hairdowho, and rebelled against authority.

It inspired stuff like blade runner and GitS and deus ex which were definitely cyber but not really punk at all, but the name stuck, and Cyberpunk.

It's definitely cyber.
Not really punk.

Bladepunk

real life

Only pathalogic would be close to deiselpunk, the other two are steampunk.
Fallout, Mad Max, Oddworld, Red Faction, Gears of War I guess, are deiselpunk

>cyberpunk
>dieselpunk
Do not want.
Dense population, oppression, dirty air and no natural beauty to be seen anywhere

Raypunk seems pretty rad, but I don't like the aesthetic.

I pick Steampunk and hope anesthetics have been invented.

Decopunk

looks like dieselpunk to me.

Blade Runner is absolutely cyberpunk, it's entirely a movie about characters rebelling against society

THIS IS THE ONLY BRAIN-MAN CHOICE

Dieselpunk > Cyberpunk > Raypunk > Steampunk

Cyberpunk because augmentations and AI

Fallout is more like dieselpunk with a touch of raypunk

Because its subset of dieselpunk
Dieselpunk is a gritty version of steampunk set in the 1920s–1950s. The big war eras, specifically. Decopunk is the sleek, shiny very art deco version; same time period, but everything is chrome
Bioschock is decopunk btw

decopunk is basically dieselpunk.

it's also the best setting, and sorely underused.

Fallout is post apocalypse/raypunk. Mad Max is just post apocalypse. Red Faction could almost be considred cyberpunk. Gears of War is whatever the fuck you call WH40k-ish stuff

Cyberpunk for brouzouf shenanigans. Raypunk for Dandy adventures in space

cyberpunk is the most logical setting here. there will never be another industrial revolution, air ships are probably the biggest target for sand people and will never exist, and raypunk is really just cyberpunk from the 60's

Id love to see more "Raypunk" in movies and games. It looks so fun, the rest always look depressing as fuck. Is that what this is called as an aesthetic? I never heard it called that before.

Fallout is Atompunk.
Atompunk is the 1950s/60s aesthetic of the future.

Sci fi Neo-noir

"Punk" refers to a specific subculture, you can't just throw it around as a catch-all for rebellion.

Well guess what? They fucking did and you weren't on the committee

>Cyberpunk is almost always great
>Steampunk is almost always bad
>Dieselpunk only exists in like two anime movies
>Raypunk doesn't exist

Calling every single flavor of gritty sci-fi "-punk" is a fucking stupid convention and you know it.

>Raypunk
There needs to be more retro b-movie sci-fi style.
Star wars ruined sci-fi forever

Fuck off pleb, dieselpunk is the only good one.

That is literal trash, I'm actually glad we don't get that kind of shit anymore. It is like sci-fi enacted by five years old

This. Can't get enough of those minimalist WW2 era goodness. Is there more game like this other than Bioshock or Fallout?

Isn't Dieselpunk our world?

Cyberpunk, as it has thematic purpose

last one is called retro futurism, no need to add punk to every word
p.s. this thread is opfagpunk

>Not punk
Seriously?

I don't think you can point to any naming convention and say 'well that makes 100% sense'.

Music, especially, is pretty bad with this.

it typically refers to the main characters, people who are against their world rather than members of it
you wouldn't consider Star Trek cyberpunk, but you'd consider The Matrix cyberpunk

some punk genres are commonly mixed up a lot of the time
most Steampunk isn't even punk because they forget this rule, they also mess up Steampunk by forgetting that whimsy is part of the aesthic too

What does "punk" have to do with any of this? Is that word used so as to make the cyberpunks and the dieselpunks and the steampunks and the raypunks feel like they are drawing something rebellious? Someone explain this childishness to me.

The other ones have the suffix because cyberpunk had it. Cyberpunk has it because the genre is defined to some degree by a violently anti-authoritarian sentiment. The megas control everything, and they're the bad guys, let's blow up all their shit.

Steampunk is gay as fuck

Cod bo3 has a zombie map in 30's
youtube.com/watch?v=6Fl9pDb7TYE

Where does The Diamond Age fit into this?

Dieselpunk WW2 team based 64v64 FPS please.
and add a map where its just two giant zeppelins with platforms on them

Cyberpunk is called cyberpunk because it's based around a punk aesthetic, it may be the future but it's grimy and infested with drugs and crime, general 'high tech low life' shit.
The other ones have 'punk' in the name because they think it's cool and they want to dickride the legitimacy of cyberpunk since they have none of their own.

Raypunk. Dieselpunk and Steampunk need to fuck off forever just like the whole name-punk bullshit.

>Neon
>Dark brown
>Rust
>????

>Raypunk
That's Retro-Futurism you uncultured swine. Also Steampunk was never cool.

What are some good dieselpunk movies then?

We need more rayguns and spaceships with fins. Nowadays any scifi stuff is made to look either like iPads or it's all hexagons and robots designed by Aaron Beck.

It doesn't need to go full Flash Gordon; but I'd like at least some of that Gerry Anderson aesthetic.

lmao what

Cyberpunk for the gritty, dark, and ominous setting that focuses on real-world problems we face today
Dieselpunk for post-apocalyptic shit
Not sure how I feel about Raypunk
Steampunk is cancer

what type is ratchet and clank considered?

space opera

This is literally just art deco.

Why do you fags need to slap "punk" on the end of everything?

Definitely raypunk, a comfy starship and wacky space adventures is literally my dream life
Dieselpunk does not look like that though fag

Anything that isn't steampunk

Cyberpunk is goat, shutcho bitch ass up